Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 9: OOC

Wes,
    The group is some distance away. I stopped the group 1/4 mile from you to the west side. You advanced through the trees to the north. Retreating is fine, but I'll need to do a few rolls to see if they follow you before assuming that.

Do the rest of us hear the horn and the answering horn/s?
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

3. Default

Mike,

Here is my post but the other players might want to do something in the 20 rounds it will take for my character to get back.

Kalthanar retreats back to his allies, "I am sorry. They were unusually observant and discovered my tracks. There are 4 ogres and 5 bugbears to the north. A few of their hunters carry odd weapons - a spear with a rope attached to the shaft."

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Mike,

Here is my post but the other players might want to do something in the 20 rounds it will take for my character to get back.

Kalthanar retreats back to his allies, "I am sorry. They were unusually observant and discovered my tracks. There are 4 ogres and 5 bugbears to the north. A few of their hunters carry odd weapons - a spear with a rope attached to the shaft."
    Understood. I'll give it some time today to see if anyone wants to do anything during this time and then advance things further. I don't want to assume anything and want to give others a chance to post. Brandon's post about knowing he's alive could help assure you... or not.

I'm going to be in a car for a bit this afternoon anyway, so my posting will be limited until this evening.

Going to move things along tonight. If anyone wants to do anything other than hide out in the forest until Kalthanar returns, please post it.

Hrothgar will wait, unless Alyssa's hawk brings back news of a reason to move
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

7. Default Chapter 9: OOC

Vort is just waiting unless trouble shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    That's what I was going for anyway so it seems less like I was choosing enemies specific to this encounter. I gave her the goblin language.
    She had amazing foresight to realize what she'd be up against here .

9. Default

DM, is it possible to see any part of the fort, like a tower or something--no higher than 60' off the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    DM, is it possible to see any part of the fort, like a tower or something--no higher than 60' off the ground?
    From where you're at now, you can't see anything in the forest. Where Kal was at earlier, he couldn't see much since he never got that close with the tree cover. The wall itself around it is not overly tall around 6-8 feet tall- it's not meant for full scale assault at this point. The towers at the corners sit up about 10 feet off the ground. The highest point of the whole complex is about 20' off the ground - the tower tops.

If you went back to the road and advanced maybe 50-100 yards, you could see the west side of it. There is always a small chance of being spotted by doing this though.

If you decide to retreat, I need to know how far you're going to go, and what direction.

If you chose to attack, I obviously need to know how you're splitting things with the Golden Gauntlet.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and I'm not trying to blame Wes, but Alyssa would have access to pass without trace. She could have cast it on him. His stealth is normally really solid, but sometimes the dice roller isn't kind, and... obviously this is one of those times. It's just something to consider moving forward. She can't cast it on him now without him becoming visible.

Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast