Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 283

Thread: Chapter 9: The Xanthar Stronghold

  1. #181

    Default

    Rian spurs his horse out of the rough and skirts the edge of the treeline, riding so that he'll eventually be along the North side of the fort (and the 200 foot open space rather than 300 foot open space).

  2. Default

    I've updated my move with a hex number.

    What rules are we using for cover and concealment from this point forward so I know how to move?

  3. #183

    Default

    OOC: Partial turn. I need Brandon's post to process enemy and GG actions.

    IC:

    Kalthanar halts just before the treeline and releases four arrows in rapid succession, "Gauntlets focus on the ogres!" He fires several shots at the clustered bugbear archers in the southeast tower. His first shot misses, but his other three shots connect, one of which explodes in the tower. Kalthanar isn’t positive at the distance and cover, but he believes that he killed one of the bugbears with his shots (OOC: it could be ducking for full cover).

    Alyssa advances just beyond the treeline fires two arrows and then retreats back next to Kalthanar. One of her shots connects, causing another bugbear to disappear behind the 3 feet tall wooden barrier. The other shot is blocked by the foliage and never reaches it's mark.

    Hrothgar snarls loud enough for all to hear .... Focus your shots on the Ogres and bring them down first ..... ancd continues to remain under cover watching for any chargers.... prepared to protect his companions should they be charged.

    "What tha?!" Vort blurts out as his horse takes him out in the open. Skewered by an arrow, Vort turns his horse around, "Ya stupid fuckin' horse, giddy up!!!" The war priest rides back deep into the forest, out of the sight of the fort with Bernie in tow, then heals himself and brings out his shield. His wounds are healed, and his animated shield floats nearby.

    Rian spurs his horse out of the rough and skirts the edge of the treeline, riding hard to the northeast, trying to go around the fort to where it is less defended to make his charge.

    Feeling the poison coursing through his veins, Brandon retreats to take cover behind the trees until more of the archers are down.

    The Golden Gauntlet advance, firing at the ogres as directed. A large volley of arrows is unleashed, but only one connects with the ogre. The Golden Gauntlet seek cover behind some trees, hoping it defends them from the incoming arrows.

    The bugbears and orcs unleash a blast of arrows, all targeting the Golden Gauntlet. The arrows horribly miss their mark though, and no one is damaged. Several more orcs appear on the walls and launch a few more arrows, but again, no one is injured at this long distance.

    Seeing Kalthanar's shots doing significant damage to the bugbear tower, the leader grunts and says, "Use your heads! Take cover! Let them come to us!" With that, he ducks behind the wall, unseen by anyone. Others begin to follow suit, as they seek cover behind the wall or the half wall of the towers. The ogres, that had previously advanced make it most of the way back to the wall with their baskets on their backs. Scanning the battlefield, the two ogres with their cargo of two orcs each are the only visible combatants at this point.

    OOC: Rian is off the map to the east.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc1bwuwrf7...d%202.BMP?dl=0
    Last edited by zebsen; 07-09-2019 at 03:16 AM.

  4. Default

    Feeling the poison coursing through his veins, Brandon retreats to take cover behind the trees until more of the archers are down.

    OOC: Move to 8130. Dodge action.
    Last edited by Hideous; 07-09-2019 at 12:45 AM.

  5. #185

    Default

    Kalthanar halts just before the treeline and releases four arrows in rapid succession, "Gauntlets focus on the ogres!" He fires several shots at the clustered bugbear archers in the southeast tower. His first shot misses, but his other three shots connect, one of which explodes in the tower. Kalthanar isnít positive at the distance and cover, but he believes that he killed one of the bugbears with his shots (OOC: it could be ducking for full cover).

    Alyssa advances just beyond the treeline fires two arrows and then retreats back next to Kalthanar. One of her shots connects, causing another bugbear to disappear behind the 3 feet tall wooden barrier. The other shot is blocked by the foliage and never reaches it's mark.

    Hrothgar snarls loud enough for all to hear .... Focus your shots on the Ogres and bring them down first ..... ancd continues to remain under cover watching for any chargers.... prepared to protect his companions should they be charged.

    "What tha?!" Vort blurts out as his horse takes him out in the open. Skewered by an arrow, Vort turns his horse around, "Ya stupid fuckin' horse, giddy up!!!" The war priest rides back deep into the forest, out of the sight of the fort with Bernie in tow, then heals himself and brings out his shield. His wounds are healed, and his animated shield floats nearby.

    Rian spurs his horse out of the rough and skirts the edge of the treeline, riding hard to the northeast, trying to go around the fort to where it is less defended to make his charge.

    Feeling the poison coursing through his veins, Brandon retreats to take cover behind the trees until more of the archers are down.

    The Golden Gauntlet advance, firing at the ogres as directed. A large volley of arrows is unleashed, but only one connects with the ogre. The Golden Gauntlet seek cover behind some trees, hoping it defends them from the incoming arrows.

    The bugbears and orcs unleash a blast of arrows, all targeting the Golden Gauntlet. The arrows horribly miss their mark though, and no one is damaged. Several more orcs appear on the walls and launch a few more arrows, but again, no one is injured at this long distance.

    Seeing Kalthanar's shots doing significant damage to the bugbear tower, the leader grunts and says, "Use your heads! Take cover! Let them come to us!" With that, he ducks behind the wall, unseen by anyone. Others begin to follow suit, as they seek cover behind the wall or the half wall of the towers. The ogres, that had previously advanced make it most of the way back to the wall with their baskets on their backs. Scanning the battlefield, the two ogres with their cargo of two orcs each are the only visible combatants at this point.

    OOC: Rian is off the map to the east.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc1bwuwrf7...d%202.BMP?dl=0

  6. Default

    AC21 HP57/57

    Vort moves his horse back up and behind a tree, facing it to narrow it's profile, then hops off, giving the reins to Bernie who had ran up next to him. "Hold these reins and don't move," Vort says and then moves up closer shimmying up to a tree and takes aim at one of the fleeing ogres carrying the orc cargo.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollVera - (2d20w1+6+1d4) (19, 5) (2) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d10+3+1d6) (1) (2) [6]

    ooc: move horse to 9531. Bonus action move Bernie 9532 hold reins; dismount move to 9431 shoot fleeing ogre, take cover.

  7. Default

    Kalthanar switches targets to the orcs on the wounded ogre's back, "Brandon you need to fireball those towers!"

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) (5) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (5) [10]

    OOC: Attack roll should be 17. First orc target takes 16 points of damage from normal arrow and bursting arrow on the first arrow attack.

    OOC2: Hiding behind tree to gain half cover. AC is 20.
    Last edited by Spellblade; 07-09-2019 at 09:08 AM.

  8. Default

    OOC: Use bursting arrow on the first orc target (see above). Continue to target most wounded orc before switching to the other.

    I forgot to add Bless to the arrow shot above.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBless - (1d4) (2) [2]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBursting Arrow - (2d6) (2, 4) [6]

    Second Arrow Attack

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBless Attack - (1d20+10+1d4) (15) (2) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (3) [8]

  9. Default

    Alyssa hides in the underbrush to gain an advantage on her next attack.

    OOC: Bonus Action to Hide. I believe she has to move at least 10 feet. She will move east if this is necessary. She also uses a tree for half cover.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+10) (16) [26]
    Last edited by Spellblade; 07-09-2019 at 09:26 AM.

  10. Default

    Alyssa draws back her bowstring and fires at the most injured orc.

    OOC: Attack most injured orc remaining starting with the orcs on the injured ogre's back.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBless Attack - (1d20+10+1d4) (20) (4) [34]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (6) [12]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Attack Damage - (1d6) (2) [2]

    OOC: Her second shot at disadvantage will be on the ogre.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack Disadvantage - (2d20w1+10+1d4) (3, 10) (2) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+4) (4) [8]

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •