Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 283

Thread: Chapter 9: The Xanthar Stronghold

  1. Default

    "What tha...? Dammit!" Vort says in frustration as he see's Brandon ride off alone. The war priest then disengages his horse from the fray and spurs it onward, lashing out with his new axe--which he hasn't named yet, and rides around encapsulating all the orcs at least once in this naked dwarven angel fury.

    ooc: disengage horse, move to spot indicated in pic. All the orcs will take Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d8) (2, 1, 7) [10] damage from the SG, DC16 Wis save for half.

    Vort will either attack the orc at 5139 if still standing after Alyssa's attack and SG, if not standing, he attacks closest orc:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollaxe - (1d20+4) (18) [22] (unknown if axe gives any bonuses)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d12+1) [2]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollaxe bonus attack if orc still up - (1d20+4) (18) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d12+1) [11]

    vortpath.PNG

  2. Default

    Kalthanar follows Alyssa and aims his bow along a similar trajectory. The group needed to take these orcs down as quickly as possible to prevent a slaughter of the Golden Gauntlet. The high elf digs into his reserves of energy and releases a salvo of arrows.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) (17) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (7) [12]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) (2) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (4) [9]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) (6) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (4) [9]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) (6) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (1) [6]





    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Attack Damage - (1d6) (1) [1]

    OOC: move to cell 5445 and shoot at the orc bruiser in cell 5139. Any excess damage is to be transferred to the orc fighting Vortigern (cell 4937).

  3. Default

    On my third arrow I am going to use Bardic Inspiration and then Shadow Arrow.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBardic Inspiration - (1d6) (3) [3]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShadow Arrow - (2d6) (5, 6) [11]


    Roll Wisdom Save vs DC 13 or become blinded for 1 round.

    If the orc fails his save I would get advantage on my last attack.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+10) (16) [26]

    NOTE: if an orc is down to 1hp from its death save I am not wasting a shadow arrow to bring it down.
    Last edited by Spellblade; 06-17-2019 at 09:00 PM.

  4. #94

    Default

    Rian 48/52 AC: 21

    Rian steps into the orc bruiser he missed last round, if he is still standing after the orc was a pin cushion from the elven archers.

    attack 1
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+9) (13) [22] sword is at +2
    attack damage Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+6) [11]
    flamequench damage
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) [5]
    divine smite damage Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d8) [12]

    attack 2
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+9) (4) [13] sword is at +2
    attack damage Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+6) [7]
    flamequench damage
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) [5]
    divine smite damage Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d8) [9]

    if the orc at 5139 is down then attack the orc at 4937 and if that orc is down attack the orc at 4740.

  5. Default

    IF Rian can attack with his second attack, Vort will use his Guided Strike reaction and make his second attack a 23 to hit
    Last edited by Luopo; 06-17-2019 at 10:27 PM.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    Hrothgar - AC 14 - HPs 66/66 - Raging on Horseback (lol)

    Hrothgar continues to pull off some truly dazzling moves on horseback, one would think he has done this sort of thing before. Whether the swings connect or not, his opponents should at the very least be a little in awe of his prowess.......

    Or at least that's all that's going through Hrothgar's rage-filled, ego-boosted mind as he continues to attack the Orcs before him, the horse seemingly moving with him to keep the pressure on the foes.

    Attacking -
    The One everyone else is first - if its down, then the one beside it thats attacking Vort - and flowing on as required/mobs perish

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+8) (12) [20] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+5) (8) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+8) (17) [25] for [rollv=Damage][1d10r2+5[/rollv]

    Move the horse in 5ft and ram the blunt end down on a Orcs head as a bonus (or attempt to)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+8) (18) [26] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d4r2+5) (1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3) [8]

    And as always any damage rerolls use the first dice of the reroll.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    bungled formula =

    Damage for 2nd hit = Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2) (2, 5) [5]

    Hit 3 = total of 6 Damage (not 8) by using the first reroll which was a 1 as well.

    So for ease -

    Hit 1 = 13 Damage (slash) + 2 Rage damage - I forgot = 15 - THEN -1 for the apparent OVERdamage ive been doing since day 1 = TOTAL of 14
    Hit 2 = 10 Damage (slash) + 2 Rage Damage - I Forgot = 12 - THEN -1 for the apparent OVERdamage ive been doing since day 1 = TOTAL of 11
    BA Hit 3 = 6 Damage (bludgeon) + 2 Rage Damage - I forgot = 8 - THEN -1 for the apparent OVERdamage ive been doing since day 1 = TOTAL of 7
    Last edited by Scymon; 06-18-2019 at 12:56 AM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  8. #98

    Default Chapter 9: The Xanthar Stronghold

    Round 2 partial turn

    Alyssa moves her mount west and slings her bow across the saddle to shoot an arrow at the orc bruiser in front of Rian. Her arrows both breech the tough hide of the orc, causing him to howl in pain.

    "Bugbears to the south!" Brandon calls. Seeing the orcs occupied with the Sentinels, he turns his mount and heads south to try and help the Gauntlet. Brandon's vision is fairly obscured through the trees, but he can see at least 4 bugbears attacking the Golden Gauntlet men. Several men die instantly. It happens in a blink of an eye, but he sees at least three dead Golden Gauntlets. Galmund is singled out by two bugbears, but is alive for now. As Brandon watches, the Golden Gauntlet mount a counter attack, injuring several of the bugbears but unable to drop any of them. The mage casts scorching ray, injuring one of the bugbears with two of its four bolts.

    "What tha...? Dammit!" Vort says in frustration as he see's Brandon ride off alone. The war priest then disengages his horse from the fray and spurs it onward, lashing out with his new axe--which he hasn't named yet, and rides around encapsulating all the orcs at least once in this naked dwarven angel fury. Four of the five orcs take significant damage from the guardians, while the leader bruiser shrugs most of it off.

    Vortigern hefts his new mastercrafted greataxe targeting the bruiser leader, scoring two hits on him. The orc bruiser remains standing despite multiple wounds.

    Kalthanar follows Alyssa and aims his bow along a similar trajectory. The group needed to take these orcs down as quickly as possible to prevent a slaughter of the Golden Gauntlet. The high elf digs into his reserves of energy and releases a salvo of arrows. His first arrow finishes off the recent promoted leader making his reign the shortest in orc history at 6 seconds. His second arrow flies wide. The third arrow connects solidly with the warrior that was near where Vortigern was seconds ago. Kalthanar invokes a shadow arrow, but the orc seems unphased by it. The fourth arrow sends him to the ground bleeding to death.

    Rian steps into the orc bruiser he missed last round, if he is still standing after the orc was a pin cushion from the elven archers. With Vortigern’s combined guidance from Reorx, the two attacks from Rian eviscerate the remaining orc (second divine strike not needed – the hit was enough to kill him).

    Hrothgar continues to pull off some truly dazzling moves on horseback, one would think he has done this sort of thing before. Whether the swings connect or not, his opponents should at the very least be a little in awe of his prowess.......

    Or at least that's all that's going through Hrothgar's rage-filled, ego-boosted mind as he continues to attack the Orcs before him, the horse seemingly moving with him to keep the pressure on the foes. He targets the remaining bruiser, and three well placed, rage filled strikes send him to the ground, leaving one single orc warrior standing on the battle field.

    The last orc sees the carnage before him. Partially wounded, he starts shouting and running, "Ambuukh! Grumoukh, Kevil, everyone vadokan!" (orc: Ambush! Grumosh, Kevil, everyone dead!). He then rushes northward trying to flee the battle.

    OOC: Hrothgar gets an AoO against the fleeing orc, but he's using the dodge action, so all attacks are rolled at disadvantage against him.

    To the south, Brandon sees that the Golden Gauntlet continues to fight for their lives. He notes at total of five bugbears, the two largest of which are engaged with Galmund. The Golden Gauntlet have dispatched one bugbear, but he notes that at least four of the Golden Gauntlet members are dead. The mage is badly injured. Galmund is less injured but they are clearly focused on bringing him down as well. He is approximately 50' from the closest part of the battle.

    Orc warrior 4740 dead
    Orc warrior 6038: dead
    Orc captain/leader 5237: dead
    Orc warrior 4937 dead
    Orc bruiser 5139 dead
    Orc bruiser 5339 dead
    Orc warrior 5539 -10 HP

    Brandon is well off the map to the south in cell 5455.
    Rian 48/52 HP
    Vort 20/57 HP

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezik5y40ih...d%202.BMP?dl=0
    Last edited by zebsen; 06-18-2019 at 04:47 PM.

  9. #99

  10. Default

    Alyssa gallops to the south and despite the cover afforded by the trees takes aim at the bugbear attacking the mage.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+9) (18) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (6) [12]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+9) (20) [29]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (4) [10]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Attack Damage - (1d6) (2) [2]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHunter's Mark - (1d6) (1) [1]

    OOC: move 60 feet south due to difficult terrain and then fire at cell 5667.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •