Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 9: The Xanthar Stronghold

1. Default

And critical damage.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollCritical - (1d8) (3) [3]

OOC: Total is 28 points of damage.
    Last edited by Spellblade; 06-18-2019 at 09:44 PM.

2. Default

Kalthanar digs in his heels and races south to aid the Golden Gauntlet.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack1 - (1d20+10) (6) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) (7) [12]

OOC: move 60 feet south due to difficult terrain and then fire at cell 5667. If that enemy is down then attack the bugbear on Galmund that is the most wounded.

3. Default

If the initial attack of 16 is not high enough Kalthanar will use his bardic inspiration to hit and then shadow arrow.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollBardic Inspiration - (1d6) (3) [3]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollShadow Arrow - (2d6) (2, 2) [4]

Roll Wisdom Save vs DC 13 or become blinded for 1 round.

Hoping that is opponent is blind Kalthanar will use his sharpshooter ability.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSharpshooter - (1d20+10-5) (11) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+15) (3) [18]

4. Default

If he is blind the attack is at advantage.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSharpshooter - (1d20+10-5) (18) [23]

5. Default

EDIT: I was going to ride down and cast invisibility on the mage but it looks like Wes beat me to it and probably dropped that bugbear. Guess I will have to think of something else to do.
    Last edited by Hideous; 06-18-2019 at 10:47 PM.

AoO -

Authentic Forum Dice-rollAoO on Fleeing Orc - (2d20w1+8) (7, 2) [10] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+6) (8) [14]

Hrothgar gives a roar at the last orc.... seeing it turn to flee - his rage pounding in his head - He swings in reaction.... then spurs the horse to chase and run down the coward
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

not sure if I was blessed at that AoO (I dont think I was - but if I was then Authentic Forum Dice-rollbless - (1d4) (4) [4] more for the attack roll.

Ignore will not be blessed - out of range by time its cast
    Last edited by Scymon; 06-18-2019 at 10:54 PM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

8. Default

Brandon does his best to dispatch the closest two bugbears, casting twinned magic missiles which fly unerringly through the cover of the trees.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollMM @ 5164 - (3d4+3) (2, 2, 3) [10]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollMM @ 5365 - (3d4+3) (3, 1, 1) [8]

9. Default

Vort heals himself as he rides, then stops about 30' from the bugbears and Blesses himself and those around him (Kal, Rian and Alyssa)

ooc: rolls and such in the OOC thread, unless you want me to reroll.

Round 3

Hrothgar gives a roar at the last orc.... seeing it turn to flee - his rage pounding in his head - He swings in reaction.... then spurs the horse to chase and run down the coward. The orc continues screaming at the top of his lungs something in orcish and doing his best to dodge Hrothgar’s raging attacks.

Alyssa gallops to the south and despite the cover afforded by the trees takes aim at the bugbear attacking the mage. Her combined two shots kill the already injured bugbear hunter, with the second shot passing all the way through his neck. He futilely clutches at the arrow before falling to the ground.

Kalthanar digs in his heels and races south to aid the Golden Gauntlet. He shots his first shot and connects with what Alyssa will later refer to as a bugbear ambusher. With a word, he invokes darkness on the ambusher, causing him to stare blankly, which Kalthanar connects solidly with a second shot. The ambusher remains on his feet, but has multiple wounds.

Brandon does his best to dispatch the closest two bugbears, casting twinned magic missiles which fly unerringly through the cover of the trees. The volley kills one bugbear – a previously injured cutthroat. The other connects with a hunter, injuring him slightly.

Vort heals himself as he rides and Rian pursues southward as well.

The Golden Gauntlet combine to swarm their foes, killing the blinded ambusher and injuring the remaining hunter and warrior leader.

The two remaining bugbears see the Sentinels arriving from the north and note their dwindling number. They flee and hide, with the injured hunter disappearing into the thick brush. The warrior, unaccustomed to fleeing is still visible to everyone as he tries to flee to the west.
    Last edited by zebsen; 06-19-2019 at 05:03 AM.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast