Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 8.7: The Plan

Default Chapter 8.7: The Plan

Most of The Miser’s jovial nature fades as he talks business. His voice is pure business when he replies, “The Balanced Scales have obligations to return what we can salvage to their rightful owners, mostly of which are based in Xanthar. Accepting less than half of what was stolen from the merchants will not go over well. You will likely encounter difficulties selling your wares back to the original owners if they feel that they aren’t compensated. Of course you could move the wares elsewhere, say to Alliance, and sell them, if you wish to buy wagons, horses, and so forth. What I am offering is a proposal that reimburses those that have lost goods fairly, and giving you far more than would be typical for reclaiming stolen items for assuming the great risk. In the long run, the business stake could be very profitable.”

He shrugs and says, “If you wish to transport your wares elsewhere to sell them and forgo the future business opportunity that the stronghold represents here, I would raise the share of what you find to 50 percent, and reduce my guilds cut to 35 percent. In the long run, the Balanced Scales will recover from the loss we take to compensate those that have lost.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zebsen; 05-21-2019 at 10:19 PM.

2. Default

"There you have it Vortigern," states Kalthanar. "And as I recall you want to move with all haste after the battle to our next objective which will leave us little time to sell trade goods."

3. Default

Vort seemed perplexed as he looked at Kal, maybe it was the wine. "There you have it? for 15% more, we have to sell our own share of goods and get no stake in the business, Fort Whatchamacallit. How is that a deal?"

4. Default

Kalthanar replies to Vortigern, "Then what deal do you want? What remuneration do you require?"

Hrothgar simply closes his eyes and rubs a weary hand upon his forehead.

"How about..... 40/30/30. 40 to the Scales, 30 to us and 30 to the Gauntlets."

He hates math, but somehow every meeting seems to end up the same or so Larthor always seemed to say.... he shudders when he remembers that Larthor usually had to make more groups happy than those in this room thus far.

"Scales still remain the majority, we drop slightly but still claim the partnership with the Fort whether it survives or if a new one is built to replace it - which will recover the 5% in the long run.... and the Gauntlets get a bigger incentive to add to their numbers...since they will be providing the largest armed force to the bargain".

He looks at Vort and Kal... looking for any outright objections.....

"Assuming they agree, Galmund, that's 15% more for you.... So... how many more men can we expect in return? And when can we expect everyone to be ready to go?"
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

6. Default

"How is losing 5% better?" Vort says, looking at his fingers, counting away and not getting anywhere. Looking at the group, "You guys think this is going to be a cakewalk, then you start giving away profit for more men that won't do anything but run away--how does that help us?" Shaking his head, he looks to the Miser--an apt title, "Listen, hows about 40% for us, we get a stake in the business--what percentage that stake is you've never said, and we get to name the new fort--if it's still standing. Gauntlets get 15%, and you get 45%. The rest don't care about getting the shaft, Hels, Brandon there gave away 1000gp for a friggin' kiss, but I got plans and this here negotiating is taking too much time for my compatriots since they've got "things" to do. So what say you?"

"Its better.... " he growls slightly "because we get more men to attack the fort with, which is what you wanted in the first place.... more men gives us a greater chance of success."

"You want to get to Rhagmur, trust me, I understand. My own family and clan are potentially being butchered in a civil war as we speak, So trust me ..... I know. But we agreed to do this, then go to Rhagmur.... whats 5% when compared to that?"

8. Default Chapter 8.7: The Plan

“I believe they are a diversionary force, not an attacking force—that seems to be our task.” Vort was upset, not by the Miser, cause he was paid to be an asshole, but by Hrothgar openly talking about where they may be heading. Then it occurred to Vort it may be a clever ruse since they were not going to Rhagmur at all.

An eyebrow slightly raises, along with a slight tweak of one corner of his mouth. He would allow Vort that one.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast