Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 50.1 The Cave of Doom, Maybe.

Axar holds Cormack's lifeless body and looks at the others. He's coated in acid and his skin still burns horribly. He stares in disbelief, still trying to make sense of the end of the battle. He seems delirious as he stammers, "But the sock... Cormack!" He removes the wizard's disintegrating robe, trying to get some of of the acid off of him before realizing that it's pointless.

He thinks and says, "What now? We can't take any more magical book traps, large purple worms, or creatures falling from above. This search seemed harmless at first. Now... I'm asking myself why?" He looks at the others wondering what they are thinking given the recent turn of events.

Althir bent his head down and muttered, "We'll need to return to Jasrel. I'll cast Gentle Repose on his body when we get past the bear."

3. Default

Without a word to the others, Axar flies off in a rage to the ceiling of the cavern and begins to unceremoniously hack what he thinks is a clear path to the sock wearer. Several of the living stalactites are killed, some fall off trying to injure the dwarro, but only one manages to fall onto Axar's back and latches on--it's like having a gigantic stone tick stuck square on his back.

Axar lands near the sock wearer, stone tick still stuck to him as he bends down to gather up the body. It looks to be several years old as he gathers up the bones in the tattered clothes--taking care to get the lone sock they have been tracking, when he notices the body had been covering a hole.

ooc: Axar please make a perception roll and an Init roll.

4. Default

From the darkness of the hole comes two grasping arms shrouded in shadowy tendrils that claw at Axar and miss. Caught unaware, the shadow creature claws again, pulls itself onto Axar and bites hard into his flesh--his rage unable to stop the necrotic damage of the wound.

The rest of the group just notice the combat and see a dark shadowy humanoid creature latched onto Axar biting him. The creature is missing the rest of his body below his waist.

OOC: 1 combat round by Friday night or sooner.

-53hp Axar (includes previous damage)
    Sully is unconscious and stable
    Ivar is unconscious and stable.
    Cormack is dead.

Althir AC 17 HP 54/54

The warlock sees the shadowy beast attack Axar. "What the hels?" Althir calls upon Ariendel in an attempt to take down this latest danger. "The Undying Turac Ravaiicle." Twin grey beams of force pounded into the shadowy form."

Action: Cast Eldritch Blast
    beam 1
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+11) (11) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10+4) (8) [12]
    beam 2
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+11) (13) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10+4) (2) [6]

Axar is almost too stunned to do anything. He is still raging from Cormack's death, and clearly was acting rashly. He wasn't expecting any real resistance, but the bite from the creature brings him to his senses.

He turns his anger to the shadowy halfman, using his magical axe on him.

OOC:
    Attack recklessly, forcing advantage, but the creature gets advantage on its attacks as well. Use a power attack for the first one.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollreckless power attack - (2d20b1+3) (20, 2) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d12+17) (8) [25]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsecond attack - (d20+8) (17) [25]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d12+7) (12) [19]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollbrutal critical - (2d12) (7, 12) [19]

8. Default

As quickly as it had begun, it was over. With both eldritch blasts and Axar's critical hit on the creature trying to kill him, the shadowy creature dissipates into nothingness. Coming out of his rage, Axar once more picks up the remains of the sock wearer and returns to the group--stone tick still stuck on his back.

Althir said, "I think we need to provide Hildegard some healing so she can heal the others. I prefer we rest in one of the rooms we found and plan our next course of action."

Blog Entries

"Oh, gods. Gods be damned. Cormack?" Walden rushes to the wizard's body and falls to his knees. "What is this foresaken city? No wonder everyone fled. But not you, Cormack. Your spirit lies here, forever in this empty place."

Walden takes a long, slow look at the others. "What should we do with Cormack's body? I need to rest as badly as anyone else, but it feels wrong to stay and camp when we need to attend to Cormack. I... uh... I..."

Walden grows silent and pulls out a bottle of his cheapest booze and starts guzzling it, trying but failing at keeping the sobs from escaping his chest.