Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 534

Thread: Chapter 50.1 The Cave of Doom, Maybe.

  1. #501

    Default

    Cormack hears voices in the distance. There is a strange sound in his ears as well, like gravel rolling down hill. It is the laughter of dragons.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDeath Save - (1d20) (14) [14]

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,927
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Walden
    AC 18
    Hp 7/51
    Ki 1/7

    Walden speaks to his swords as he flies towards the beast's eyes. "Good job, boys. Now do what you do best!"

    Using the swords, Walden attacks the worm's eyes, trying to carve them out. As he does so, he taunts the creature in front of him, daring it to attack him.

    OOC:
    Two sword attacks.
    Bonus action to dodge (1 ki).
    If the creature attacks him and rolls between nat 8-17, he'll use inspiration to add to his AC.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsword attack 1 - (2d20b1+10) (6, 9) [19] with Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d6+7) (5) [12]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsword attack 2 - (2d20b1+10) (2, 11) [21] with Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d6+7) (1) [8]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollinspiration if needed - (d8) [1]

  3. #503

    Default

    Althir AC 17 HP 54/54

    Althir swallowed hard as the purple worm continued to wreck havoc among the Moonlit Swords. After all of their accomplishments against more intelligent and cunning foes the Moonlit Swords fate might be sealed by a mindless unthinking beast looking to defend it's nest. Althir calls upon Ariendel once more.

    Action: Cast Eldritch Blast
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+11) (10) [21]

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10+4) (5) [9]


    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+11) (5) [16]

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10+4) (4) [8]

  4. #504

    Default AC: 17, 78/95 HP Rage

    Axar narrowly escapes being swallowed by the large purple worm. After freeing himself from it's massive maw, he moves into flanking again and attacks with a powerful attack. He calls out, "Hang on guys! It can't have much more left!"

    Action: if he was moved by the bite, move back to flanking with Zavros or anyone. If he can't get flanking, force advantage by attacking recklessly.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollpower attack flanking or reckless - (2d20b1+3) (9, 18) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d12+17) (10) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsecond flanking attack - (2d20b1+8) (2, 12) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d12+7) (10) [17]

    With the wolf totem, anyone melee attacking the worm can roll with advantage as long as Axar is still standing.

    Sentinel feat details below:


    • Whenever you hit a creature with an opportunity attack, its speed drops to 0 for the rest of the turn. This stops any movement they may have been taking.
    • Creatures within your reach provoke opportunity attacks even if they took the Disengage action.
    • When a creature within your reach makes an attack against a target other than you (and that target doesn't have this feat), you can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against the attacking creature.
    Last edited by zebsen; 07-03-2019 at 04:13 PM.

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Concentrating. HP 49/69. AC 19 (+1 Elven Chain, shield).
    If the purple worm is dead before Hildegard’s turn then her action and move will be to either rescue Cormack or Scully:

    The priestess tears into the worm’s gullet to pull Cormack out of the acidic bile. She stabilizes him with holy magic.

    Move. Take bile damage. Drag Cormack out. Cantrip – spare the dying ASAP.

    However, if it is obvious that she can’t get to Cormack this round and she can get to Scully, she goes to Scully to administer Spare the dying.


    If the purple worm isn’t dead, her attacks are sequenced so she can possibly do some of the above.


    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpirit Guardians - (3d8) (6, 7, 3) [16] DC 16 Wis Save for Half Damage

    If it is dead, she goes into rescue mode (move+spare the dying). If it isn’t:

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollbonus action trident attack - (d20+8) (13) [21]

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll force damage - (2d8+5) (7, 5) [17]

    Not dead yet?:


    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSacred flame - (2d8) (7, 8) [15] DC 16 Dex Save for Half Damage

    Reaction: Thunderous Rebuke Max Damage DC 16 Dex save for half, Damage = 16

    Move: Either to Scully’s side or to the best place from which to pull Cormack with help, whether this thing is dead or not. If it is not dead, she moves to Scully to spare-dying him next turn or this turn, if she has not cast sacred flame.


    Ooc: Hildegard has 1 first level spell slot left and 2 fourth level slots. She has the cantrip spare the dying. She’s saving those for healing and getting out of here.
    Last edited by Arkady; 07-03-2019 at 06:56 PM.

  6. Default

    Unconscious and dying, Sully has a vision of his parents standing on the porch of their farmhouse. His dad has his arm around his mom and they are both smiling as they look at young Sully running through the cabbage fields.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDeath Save - (d20) (7) [7]

  7. Default

    Zavros fights through the poison in his veins and keeps bringing down his axe, injuring it once, whilst Walden speaks to his swords as he flies towards the beast's eyes. "Good job, boys. Now do what you do best!" Using the swords, Walden attacks the worm's eyes, trying to carve them out—which the blades do expertly, causing the Worm to throw back it’s head and then fall to the ground, breathing its last breath.

  8. Default

    With little precious time left to save Cormack from the belly of the beast, Axar flies down it's gullet to about midpoint where it's acid filled stomach lay. With his darkvision he is able to see Cormack laying in a pool of acid slowly eating him away and bellows out to the others his location.

    Outside the Worm, Ivar comes up with an ingenious plan, but it is hastily thought up without thinking about the repercussions of Dimension Dooring into the acid filled stomach of the Worm. Grabbing Hildegard, the pair disappear and reappear in the belly of the beast--Neither can see a thing. Ivar cries out in pain as the creatures acid eats away at his leg and he falls unconscious.

  9. Default

    With an explosive blast, the top of the Worm at it's midpoint, blows open--showering those nearby in blood and gore. Through the massive hole, those outside can see Axar picking up Cormacks broken, shattered and disfigured lifeless body from the belly of the beast and flying out to lay him on the ground. Hildegard and Ivar rest inside the beast and both too are dying from the blast of the Shatter prayer Hildegard had just invoked. Both Zavros and Walden fly in, wary of the acid fumes, gather Hildegard and Ivar and bring them outside.

    Althir nearby had just spared the dying on Sully and rushes over to perform the same spell on both Hildegard and Ivar before they succumb to their mortal wounds.

    ooc:
    Axar took 20pts from the Shatter
    Sully is unconscious and stable
    Hildegard is unconscious and stable.
    Ivar is unconscious and stable.
    Cormack is dead.
    Last edited by Luopo; 07-04-2019 at 01:27 AM.

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Hilde con save
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+2) (13) [15]

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •