Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 534

Thread: Chapter 50.1 The Cave of Doom, Maybe.


  1. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,928
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldex save - (d20+8) (6) [14]

  2. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,928
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "Yah, fuck," Walden says as he's thrown backwards. His voice drops to a whisper as as he stands, brushes himself off and adds, "I picked up a book, but apparently these aren't books -- they're weapons. I even checked for traps first, but this place... it doesn't make sense."

  3. #184

    Default

    Cormack drops his staff and runs to Walden's side. He pats him over like a mother might check a hurt child.

    "Are you alright? No, not again..."

    He then realizes that he'd lost some composure looks around at his fellow Swords, and then looks to Walden with calmer eyes and asks, "Are you badly hurt?"

  4. #185

    Default

    Althir studied the room with an eye for magic after the book exploded in Walden's face. The fendari let Cormack check on Walden while he studied the remnants of the exploding book.

    Action: Arcana check on the room Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+6) (19) [25]

    Arcana check on the book debris

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+6) (17) [23]





  5. #186
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    1,928
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "Oh, that hurt. Been better for sure," Walden says as he wipes blood from his nose and starts taking halting steps in the direction of Sully. "Feels like I'm constantly getting beat up when we're out adventuring."

    "You might want to take a closer look at these books, Cormack. I might not have the magic touch, but you do. There could be something special hidden here. Just be careful."

  6. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    Inspecting the Southern door, and hearing the soft "Thump" of the book exploding, followed by the second softer "Thump" of something being dropped... Ivar spins, looks at Hilde, then dashes to the East to take in the scene. His bow at the ready, expecting to find his friends under attack.

    He is therefore slightly puzzled to see a vaguely scorched Walden and nothing apparent obvious as having caused it. (That Ivar can see).

    "What? Where? How?" is about all he can think to say.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  7. Default Chapter 50.1 The Cave of Doom, Maybe.

    Looking about,Althir surmises, without touching them, the books are more than likely belonging to a wizard and his ilk and are more than likely trapped.”

  8. #189

    Default

    Axar stares at astonishment at Walden and tries to help him up. He says, "Hilde, Walden needs you!"

    He looks dumbfounded and says, "See. Been telling you all along that reading is dangerous. Laugh all you want, but I ain't never seen a damn axe or ale stein blow up when someone grabs it. Books though? Kaboom!"

  9. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    Ivar tries to not laugh, exploding books... Whatever will be next?

    In an effort to regain focus, he inspects the torch that seems to be giving off continuous light. He wonders if he can remove it from the wall and take it with them.... a torch like that could be handy...not only here, but elsewhere.

    As he investigates he says out loud, hoping someone else will also help him to work out if its removable...."Can someone help me get this off the wall?"

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInvestigation - (2d20b1+2) (19, 20) [22] (assuming Help is given - otherwise first roll applies)
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •