Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 8.49 Rhagmur

Boden is quiet for a moment and replies, "If you wish to wait, possibly. I have sold all that I have left in my name to find the location of a family heirloom, which I believed to be long lost. My family estate, valuables, and everything but what you see here and the fee to solicit help from others. Since it's location may move, I must prioritize that. Without it, I cannot restore the family name and begin rebuilding the Freeborn Knights to their past glory."

OOC: Hrothgar can roll persuasion to get Mava's favor.
    Last edited by zebsen; 05-15-2019 at 06:13 PM.

2. Default

Vort nods, "I understand how important that is and I wish you good luck. I'm kinda in the same pickle, so we will be leaving within days and can't wait around. Again, good luck on your endeavour."

3. Default

Kalthanar frowns. The Sentinels seemed to lose allies with ease and he hated to think this new group would follow suit.

4. Default

Kalthanar asks Boden, “How much time would you need? I do not wish to pry but our group might have insight into your quest should you reveal more details.”

5. Default

There he went, always thinkin'. "Good idea Kal." Vort never liked to pry or try to persuade someone to do something that they weren't inclined to do, so he probably lost opportunities due to that. Good thing there was smarter people in the group.

Boden replies, "Our destination is probably 2 days from here. At one time, there were other smaller cities scattered along the coastline. Most of these are long gone now, but some ruins remain. One of these once belonged to my family, but I didn't know which. If all goes smoothly, we will be home within a week. If you don't mind waiting a week, we may be able to aid you."

Mava seems hesitant to accept Hrothgar's advances at first, but Rian wisely whispers to Silvart to order the best drink in the tarvern for Mava, claiming it to be from Hrothgar. Silvart smiles and nods. She returns a few minutes later with a shelled out watermelon with some mixed alcohol in it. From the smell of it, it was mostly rum based. Mava sips it and looks admiringly at Hrothgar before joining him with her drink.

"We have to wait for the report, then we still need to co-ordinate an attack either with forces here or with those from Alliance as well." Hrothgar murmurs before asking for one of those drinks also.

"That would surely give us a couple of extra days. I have little to do here in Xanthar while waiting, perhaps you could use an extra hand to clear this property.... the faster its cleared the quicker you can return......yes?'
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

9. Default

Vort nods to Boden, "We won't be able to wait, so again, good luck to you." If he could give one bit of advice, he says, "Keep your head on a swivel. Evil is everywhere."

Frowning slightly... because he was sure they would have a few days at least, Hrothgar puts it out of his mind for now and enjoys the company of the lady sitting beside him. He spends the rest of the evening, at least until Mava decides shes has enough, purchasing drinks for her and himself.

"So Mava, Have you ever heard of the Mountain Echoes?" When she presumably looks puzzled he continues "Once every so many years the Shamans and Seers of each Clan go to this one spot in the Mountains. There is a waterfall and a crystal clear lagoon. Its also a natural sound well. They do a ritual chant there. Its supposed to refresh the Harmony between the Clans and the Mountains. I was able to hear it once when I was a child. My father and I were hunting in the forests below. Their voices carried for miles. It was a truly, humbling occasion. And a hungry one..." He laughs "Their warbling made sure the Game was no where to be seen".
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast