Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn

1. Default

So they're worth less? Would they be collectible if we took them to a coin collector, or is that already assumed?

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    The Balanced Scales will accept the coins to be melted down and restamped. For their raw metal value, they are 75% of face value. So roughly 7 plat, 5 gold in standard coin trade.

2. Default

Vort on day 2 of Sendings:

Predzar--same as before.

Krylar-- I spoke to your mother yesterday. She couldn't tell me much. She did say that a group was sent to Xanthar and didn't come back.

I will handle the pit fighting later. Doing sendings to keep you moving.

Grela's reply: "Some Pathfinders and drow joined up and tried the same task a week ago and didn't come back. Halflings unlikely to help given this."

Predzar again has no desire to be bothered, and Vort's reply doesn't make it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    So they're worth less? Would they be collectible if we took them to a coin collector, or is that already assumed?
    The only way they would be worth full value is if you somehow disguised yourself in this version of the "underdark" and tried to sell them there. Or had Ult/Velkyn do it.

You haven't looked for a coin collector. It's possible that an option like that would increase their value as these would be rare for the surface. Otherwise, to the standard folk, these would essentially be "fake" coins but have value due to their construct.

4. Default

We'll try a coin collector before melting them down.

The only way they would be worth full value is if you somehow disguised yourself in this version of the "underdark" and tried to sell them there. Or had Ult/Velkyn do it.

You haven't looked for a coin collector. It's possible that an option like that would increase their value as these would be rare for the surface. Otherwise, to the standard folk, these would essentially be "fake" coins but have value due to their construct.

We'll try a coin collector before melting them down.
    Okay. This can be part of your workweek.

Investigation. DC 10 gets full/face value. DC 15 gets 150% of value. DC 20 is 200% of value.

6. Default

Vort has a -1 to investigate... anyone else have a better roll?

Okay. This can be part of your workweek.

Investigation. DC 10 gets full/face value. DC 15 gets 150% of value. DC 20 is 200% of value.

Hrothgar -

Days or nights whichever applies - will sample the markets, tasting foods, drinking, doing the tourist thing. Working out either alone, with some other mistmoorians if he can find a bunch of them (and they're not instant enemies due to the civil war)... or with Gauntlet peeps... he just wants to keep fit and mean.

Days or Nights whichever applies - Some light drinking, sampling of the Inns etc he does not get drunk, its more for the atmosphere, checking out the local women, basically trying to find someone who might be interested in a casual dalliance. Pit Fighting/boxing if that's a thing, he will definitely want to participate in... (I won't roll now... since I saw your "later" note to Vort about it.)

He will meet up with the others for dinner etc if that's what they want to do, otherwise he will definitely catch up on the 4th day for that report.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Vort on day 2 of Sendings:

Predzar--same as before.

Krylar-- I spoke to your mother yesterday. She couldn't tell me much. She did say that a group was sent to Xanthar and didn't come back.
    Predzar: "...thank you. Much time has passed. She would not know me. For what it's worth, I'm thankful I didn't kill your group like the others."

Krylar: "Shit. Not near there now, or I would try to help. Brother, Rhagmur's gates are closed. It's sealed like a tomb." Vortigern was shocked to hear this. The gates were massive, and hadn't been closed since Vort had been alive. Vort, as a miner, knew vaguely of 2 other rumored entrances to the city, but it would be impossible to send directions via sending. More than anything, the implication was clear that something was clearly amiss in Rhagmur.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Kalthanar will pay for Kyricus to read the Legend Lore Scroll on True Courage with Rary's Telepathic Bond and the vision chamber. Any of the Sentinels may join the ritual but Alyssa has to be present to help narrate the vision.

Kalthanar wants Kyricus to focus on the murder of Alithia to learn who the conspirators were and who took her items.

Kalthanar gives Kyricus the True Courage bow as well as the scroll for the legend lore spell. Kyricus enters the divination chamber as he did with Brandon. The first time he does so, he invokes the scroll, and attempts to activate the chamber, Kalthanar can’t see much come into focus, only glimpses of jumbled images. Kryicus emerges from the chamber and shakes his head. He apologizes, but recites the legend lore information: ‘Crafted for royalty, but flawed. This inherent flaw inspires courage for that willing to pay the price, elevating an unknown wood elf to the leader of nobles. For some, the price is eternal rest.’

Kyricus offers to redo the spell on another attempt at no additional fee. Kalthanar comes back the next day, but again is unable to see the vision. A frustrated Kyricus emerges from the chamber, and asks for a day of rest before trying again.
    On the third try, Kalthanar watches as the vision takes form this time, starting with the making of the bow from the carefully shaped branch of the Ancient Oak tree. This passes in a blind as the vision begins to take shape around the time the Kyricus focused on.

War rages all around the edge of the Etoile forest. The elves of Etoile and warriors of Mistmoor, lay dead by the hundreds. A quick glace across the battlefield shows Queen Alithia on the front lines, her regal stature is obvious and the Crown of Justice sits atop her head. She is surrounded by what remains of her Honor Guard – six warriors. The runes on True Courage flare to life as she bleeds from multiple wounds. She barely notices as she nocks arrows faster than Kalthanar had ever seen anyone do, firing them with deadly precision into what looks like an insurmountable wave of roughly fifty Mistmoor warriors, bearing the banner of the Dragon tribe. Those that get close are cut down by her ever shrinking Honor Guard.

Inspired by Queen Alithia’s incredible leadership, the remaining elves rallied to her side. Kalthanar watches in fast motion as the elves surprisingly hold at great cost, leaving three of her Honor guard left alive, but they do force the Mistmoor forces to retreat and regroup.

Kneeling down, Alithia checks on some of her fallen kinsmen. Kalthanar notes that Syndra and her twin Sekith stand near her, as does one more wood elf. All are wounded. Alithia looks to Sekith and says, “Rally the troops here. We need to spare as many injured as we can. We can’t hold this position any more.” Sekith nods.

Alithia begins to drag one of the fallen and Syndra tells her, “My queen, you must go to the tent for healing. The others will handle him.” Kalthanar watches in fast motion as Syndra convinces Alithia to the tent.

Once inside the tent, Alithia goes over to a map to look at retreat options. Kalthanar watches in horror as Syndra pretends to get her a healing potion but instead draws a bone handled dagger from inside her armor. It is over quickly, as Syndra easily plunge it into her neck, dropping the Queen to her knees. With one quick slash, it’s over.

Syndra works quickly, securing both the bow and crown as Sekith comes to the tent entrance. He pauses at seeing the scene and says, “It’s done.”

Syndra looks up and nods, “Yes, and I will be Queen, as the coin promised.”

Sekith reaches into his pack and pulls out a replica crown of the Crown of Justice and lays it near Queen Alithia’s dead body. He looks down at the dead queen on the ground and says, “And my reward?”

Syndra removes the amulet from the dead queen and hands it to him. “With this you will live forever.” Sekith nods and takes the amulet. He says, “As the coin promised.” The armor remains on the dead queen as the war horns of Mistmoor warriors are heard outside the tent.

With that, the vision fades and a partially delusional Kyricus mostly stumbles out of the chamber. The effects of the room are wearing off, but he is clearly affected by the vision, as he’s deeply troubled and struggling to understand it, as Kalthanar is.

10. Default

Day 3 Sendings:

Vorts Brother: Why are the gates closed, what's going on in Rhagmur. Should I head there now? I am in Xanthar.

second sending depends on first reply

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast