Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    It’s a little steep but I don’t want to pay full price if the vision fails.
    The chamber can't be invoked until last, so there is no way to know if it would work for sure or not until it's over. Still, if it fails he would give you a refund on the Rary's. So, 100 gold on the failed vision. To activate the chamber, the caster has to focus on a particular time range/event of the item. For example, it's creation. Tell me what time you are specifically wanting to see a vision for with the bow.

Also, for Brandon's cast of legend lore it would be:
    250 gold for the legend lore (that his background will negate). 250 though is needed for the consumables.
    250 gold for the Rory's if he wants to witness it
    100 gold for the divination room.

So, 250 gold for just the LL spell (for components) and 600 if he wants a vision.

2. Default

Kalthanar will pay for Kyricus to read the Legend Lore Scroll on True Courage with Rary's Telepathic Bond and the vision chamber. Any of the Sentinels may join the ritual but Alyssa has to be present to help narrate the vision.

Kalthanar wants Kyricus to focus on the murder of Alithia to learn who the conspirators were and who took her items.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    The chamber can't be invoked until last, so there is no way to know if it would work for sure or not until it's over. Still, if it fails he would give you a refund on the Rary's. So, 100 gold on the failed vision. To activate the chamber, the caster has to focus on a particular time range/event of the item. For example, it's creation. Tell me what time you are specifically wanting to see a vision for with the bow.

Also, for Brandon's cast of legend lore it would be:
    250 gold for the legend lore (that his background will negate). 250 though is needed for the consumables.
    250 gold for the Rory's if he wants to witness it
    100 gold for the divination room.

So, 250 gold for just the LL spell (for components) and 600 if he wants a vision.
    Last edited by Spellblade; 05-06-2019 at 09:02 PM.

3. Default

Vort will be doing the following over the 5 days:

Day: 5 days brewing Potions of Healing with his Herbalism kit. 125gp
    Night: Get some Pitfighting in to work on his hand to hand skills--nonlethal of course.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollathletics - (1d20+1) (15) [16] (Vort can use Dex instead of Str for attacks... so this could be at +3 to the roll.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollacrobatics - (1d20+3) (14) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollcon - (1d20+9) (5) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) (5) [5] If I can add Branchala's gift to anyone roll above.

SENDINGS 2/day
    Day 1:
    Grela--"We are in Xanthar and will be assaulting an ogre fort blocking Alliance trade. Any chance of halfling help? I'll contact again if yes.
    Predzar--"Condolences my friend, Shrena has passed and she had a child who is now 80 yrs old. Would you like me to find her?"

Day 2-5: Depends on answers above.
    Last edited by Luopo; 05-11-2019 at 02:03 AM.

4. Default

Assuming it is known approximately when the tower in the Burrows disappeared, Brandon will spend the 600 gold to have Kyricus cast Legend Lore on the doorknob for that time period. Otherwise, he asks that Kyricus focuses on the doorknob’s creation. If necessary, Brandon will spend the week researching the disappearance of the tower and will ask for help from anyone proficient in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Vort will be doing the following over the 5 days:

Day: 5 days brewing Potions of Healing with his Herbalism kit. 125gp
    Night: Get some Pitfighting in to work on his hand to hand skills--nonlethal of course.
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3] If I can add Branchala's gift to anyone roll above.

SENDINGS 2/day
    Day 1:
    Grela--"We are in Xanthar and will be assaulting an ogre fort blocking Alliance trade. Any chance of halfling help? I'll contact again if yes.
    Predzar--"Condolences my friend, Shrena has passed and she had a child who is now 80 yrs old. Would you like me to find her?"

Day 2-5: Depends on answers above.
    I will handle the pit fighting later. Doing sendings to keep you moving.

Grela's reply: "Some Pathfinders and drow joined up and tried the same task a week ago and didn't come back. Halflings unlikely to help given this."

Predzar again has no desire to be bothered, and Vort's reply doesn't make it through.

Rian

Rian inquires about working out with the Golden Gauntlets.
    Discusses strategy with any Golden Gauntlets williing to discuss an assault on the fort.
    Pick up his armor.

7. Default

Kalthanar Continued:

1.) I mentioned in an earlier post that Kalthanar wanted to buy 2 Potions of Healing and Thieves' Tools. He will also buy another quiver of 20 arrows.

2.) Kalthanar would like to read the drow papers.

3.) Kalthanar would like to sell the 50gp gold necklace he found.

4.) Kalthanar would like to appraise the drow gold necklace set with gems.

I am waiting on the Legend Lore results before I make my Investigation roll for the week.

8. Default

Speaking of which, Vort wants to see what the price on these would be to a collector:

She has two pouches, one full of assorted and rare spell components, with the other having 10 platinum and 4 gold coins, all with a strange Cristas mint. It's unclear how much these would be worth in Alliance due to the odd mint, but the group takes all of these.

Vort owes the group 50gp (10gp to each) for the Mino Axe.
    Kal will owe the group 50gp (10gp to each) for the gold necklace.

I'll update the current Carrying Treasure List when this turn is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Assuming it is known approximately when the tower in the Burrows disappeared, Brandon will spend the 600 gold to have Kyricus cast Legend Lore on the doorknob for that time period. Otherwise, he asks that Kyricus focuses on the doorknob’s creation. If necessary, Brandon will spend the week researching the disappearance of the tower and will ask for help from anyone proficient in history.
    Brandon gives Kyricus the door knob as well as the material components for the legend lore spell. Kyricus then uses one of the Tower doors to enter a small 10 foot room with many runes traced throughout the floor. The ceiling is painted with various constellations, but stresses the Gilean formation the most. He begins by casting Rary’s telepathic bond and has Brandon exit the small room. Through the vision of the spell, Brandon watches as Kyricus lights the incense and then produces a pipe that he lights and smokes. Brandon watches as Kyricus’s vision blurs under the influence of the divination chamber and the mind altering aroma of the pipe. Once ready, Kyricus casts legend lore on the doorknob.

Brandon watches as the vision of the doorknob comes into creation, watching it held in an elderly halfling wizard’s small hand. This vision lasts less than a second before everything becomes a blur and time fastforwards. Brandon stares at a room that looks similar to one of the private studies of an elderly male halfling red robed scholar. The doorknob and corresponding door are open against one wall, with what looks to be full of spell components. A furious banging on the door is heard, and the halfling scribing at his desk jumps in his chair. He looks down at the ruined text and then up to the visitors that entered his room. A black robed human and a white robed gnome are there. The human speaks first, “Fucking elves are in the lobby. Your assurances that the elves wouldn’t attack a Tower were as hollow as your head, Jamison. We must defend the Tower!” The gnome replies hastily, “I can’t disagree that we have to defend it, but Shamix here wants to activate the orb!” The black robed Shamix sneers at the gnome and says, “Suit yourself. Know that I won’t be holding back to save the surrounding area though. The elves want a war. They got one.” With that, Shamix leaves. The gnome looks at Jamison with a pleading glance before Jamison nods. He rises from his chair and closes the door to his closet. With the door closed, the doorknob drops into his hand, which he deposits in a small bag. The gnome looks at him and says, “What are you doing?” Jamison says, “I don’t know. But we both know the orb has never been tested as Shamix demands.” He looks to a cage against the far wall, which houses an owl that looks at him inquisitively. Jamison opens the cage door to the owl, and wraps the bag around the talon of the bird. He then gently places the bird with its cargo onto his arm. He tells the gnome, “Veril, open the door to the roof.” The gnome complies concentrating before opening the door to the outside. Jamison tells the owl, “Fly, my friend. Stay safe.”

The vision fades after that. The whole thing was probably less than 30 seconds, but gave good insight into the source of the disappearance of the Tower.

Kyricus says, "For what it's worth, the legend lore spell revealed, 'A simple storage door. An afterthought or a critical forethought. The keyless knob could be the key to restoring something long lost.'"
    Last edited by zebsen; 05-09-2019 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Speaking of which, Vort wants to see what the price on these would be to a collector:

She has two pouches, one full of assorted and rare spell components, with the other having 10 platinum and 4 gold coins, all with a strange Cristas mint. It's unclear how much these would be worth in Alliance due to the odd mint, but the group takes all of these.

Vort owes the group 50gp (10gp to each) for the Mino Axe.
    Kal will owe the group 50gp (10gp to each) for the gold necklace.

I'll update the current Carrying Treasure List when this turn is done.
    The Balanced Scales will accept the coins to be melted down and restamped. For their raw metal value, they are 75% of face value. So roughly 7 plat, 5 gold in standard coin trade.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast