Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 8.48: The Broken Anchor

"So, as a side note, They do have some magical items in the Trade Guild....."

He proceeds to tell them of the 4 items, their prices, properties as described to him.... and of the Trade Guild's practice of being effectively a middle-man broker....with a high fee attached.

"Anyway, I certainly could not afford such things, but perhaps that Map would aid us in this quest.... If we could afford such a thing." He waits only slightly before finishing "The merchant I spoke with was Henri, if you decide to take a look for yourselves, I guess I will find something to entertain myself for the week while we wait for that report".
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

2. Default

"Whats the map to?" Vort asks, then continues on with his opinion about the Golem book. "I think we should sell the golem book. It's a modified, non-standard tome, as they put it. A blood golem isn't something that sounds good to me, so I'd rather we sell or trade it for something else."

"I know not, I can only tell you what he told me, in that it could for 1 day show on it the location of a Unique item, although apparently undetected or divine items won't work.... so whatever that means I guess. If it could find a person and I had that kind of money I would use it to find Nyssa, but he only said items, so I doubt a person works." He picks up his Ale and downs the entire cup, and signals for another.... hell a whole pitcher..... to save the Serving girl the bother of walking back and forth so quickly.

"Damn these are small cups".

4. Default

Kalthanar sloshes around his ale, "I think we should sell the tome as well. I cannot imagine any scenario where we have months to build a golem, or the inclination for that matter."

5. Default

Vort asks, "Nyssa... she wear anything unique, a ring or necklace perhaps?"

"I.... I don't know. I last saw her at our Promising when I was 12 and she was 10.... She was supposed to show up 8 years later at the Challenge held that year.... but the entire Lion clan did not show, so no one thought much on it and I was in no hurry to be bound to someone I did not know."

He Drinks from the pitcher.

"But with the Clans in turmoil, its important that one should honor such pledges. I keep getting teased with clues of the Lion tribe, but I cannot seem to actually find them, I have a sinking suspicion that the Viper clan is behind their disappearance, perhaps with aid of Creathin..... those two that he summoned in Portenfer, were Lions in life. Sestun, he is Lion. He means to return to Mistmoor to search based on what I told him of those summoned things."

He gets a bit introspective at this point. And loads on the false bravado.

"But the search for a woman is a paltry thing.... there are more important things like freeing Gods and rebuilding the trade between the Great Cities..... what is one life compared to the lives of all."
    Last edited by Scymon; 05-08-2019 at 10:16 PM.

7. Default

Kalthanar frowns, "We have the basin. That could answer some important questions or we could sell it alongside the tome."

8. Default Chapter 8.48: The Broken Anchor

ďOh no, ď Vortigern chimes in,ĒI am definitely against selling the basin.Ē Thinking about it some more,Ēsay, isnít time to open the door with our special doorknob? Maybe our letter was answered.Ē

9. Default

Kalthanar replies, "Perhaps it is time although I doubt they returned the items." He takes a drink from his flagon, "Say, Vortigern when are you going to interrogate Creathin's head?"

10. Default

"I figured," Vort replies, "whenever we get the time to sit down and decide what to ask him. I'm keeping his head fresh in a bag, but I guess I should get something to carry it in, maybe like a hat box, or something."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast