Thread: Chapter 8.48: The Broken Anchor

Threaded View

Default Chapter 8.48: The Broken Anchor

Later that evening the Sentinels reconvene for dinner at the Broken Anchor. Alyssa, Ult, and Velkyn join the group, with Silvart purchasing concealing cloaks and clothes earlier in the day on their behalf at the market place. The Broken Anchor could be best described as a local hole in the wall. The building itself doesn't look like much, and most of the twenty tables had seen better days, but the ale was good, and it had very good food, albeit with a limited selection. Pigs in a blanket was a specialty, as well as a grilled swordfish. Lobster tails, a delicacy in most area of Therris, were readily available and inexpensive here. Fried potates and cornbread were served with every meal, and there was an endless supply of peanuts.

The group is discussing their daily activities when a comely lad walked into the bar. Silvart, who was splitting her time between waiting tables and spending time with Brandon, paused when she saw him. She comments, "He's an apprentice from the tower like me." The boy sees her and walks over to the group. Finding Vort, he hands him a sealed letter. Silvart notes the seal belongs to Kyricus.

Unfolding the letter, Vort reads to himself:

Vortigern,
    I did more research on Shrena, whom you claim was the daughter of Predzar. I cannot confirm the connection, and I can confirm the Shrena is dead. She did have at least one daughter though, who may be still alive. Our records would have her at around 80 years old or so now, if she's alive. Her name was Isrina, but that is all that I could find.

Kyricus

OOC: Share the contents if you wish.
    Last edited by zebsen; 05-05-2019 at 03:28 AM.