Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 189

Thread: Mission: The crucible.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,592
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Her head swivels back to the Hound Archon. "If you require compulsion, I will undergo it if it eases your fears, but my words are as have been given. I plan to succeed where my cohort did not."
    "And I will not.", Oparal adds matter-of-factly, "My freedom is my own and not up for being bartered away. As a proof of our intentions, I and any of my companions that decide so of their own free will will help you."

    She casts fly on Tsukohari (duration 10 minutes).





  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,455
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Mission: The crucible.

    Natan tips his hat respectfully. "I would only advise that one rash choice does not support another. Involving yourself in this eternal war will have impacts—on this mission, on your your other commitments, on your relations to other deities," he says with emphasis. "This war will never end. They cannot win or lose, unless we fail at our objective and end the planar drift."




  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,284
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    The noble hound archon snarls with loathing.
    "The discord oozes off you! One head says one thing, the others oppose! In such climate Evil always triumphs!" he shouts, raising his spear again and howling loudly. With a shimmer he dissappears and is replaced by a massive armored figure. The cuirasse of the armored giants resplendent gold and his horsehair-topped helmet waving proudly. A massive shield with a blazing sun embossed on it is one of his hands and a shining spear of elysian bronze make up his other hand.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollbeating spell resistance 21 - (1d20+10) [16] ((Spell resistance not beat))
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollcalm emotions vs Shield Archon dc18 - (1d20+9) [17] ((Save not beat))
    "I stand for the Light! No shadow will fall upon me!" it bellows from within it's hardened shell as it readies for battle.
    ((Shield Archon keeps initiative of the Hound Archon. No more negotiations are possible. He will attack.))

    First round:
    Elsa moves to circle round the heavenly servant.
    Oparal casts Fly.
    Tsukohari antagonizes the Shield archon an keeps his attention focused squarely on her.
    Sarvine lays her Evil eye on the celestial before her.
    Shield archon...
    Natan shoots his crossbow. (only once?)
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,592
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollcalm emotions DC - (1d20+9) [19] (does not beat will save)





  5. #25

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCalm Emotions DC 15 - (1d20+9) [29]

    "And now we have to fight this godsdamned thing, because we're in a place where Outsiders get more powerful when you fuck with them! So thank you for that!" She pounds her shield, challenging the large thing. "Well come on then!! I don't have all day!!" Probably the only thing keeping her from going full-blown rage is the spell affecting her, and so she's going to tank this instead.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAntagonize Archon DC 22 - (1d20+14) [33]
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 05-05-2019 at 10:38 PM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Elsa, despite having to concentrate on her spell, was livid and that was dangerous for a magic that required a focus of calm.

    "I can't believe you all..." Elsa stated in a soothing voice that crackled at the edges with her outrage. "None of you waited for the Archon to state his conditions before jumping to conclusions and picking a fight."

    The pretty magician moved to pass the Archon without threatening it or approaching too close, confident in her magic to maintain the peace.

    "Elsa Tarolandashe, Magician in service to Nethys, God of Magic. Let me pass!... Please."

    Elsa stated defiantly, still concentrating on her spell.


    Elsa Tarolandashe

    Move Action:
    Go around Archon

    Standard Action:
    Maintain Concentration
    Last edited by Doc-Holiday; 05-06-2019 at 02:21 AM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "Eeeeehhhh, I say we kill it. I've always wanted wings mounted on my wall." Sarvine retorts as she begins her traditional opening casting of Evil Eye. The archon had rubbed her the wrong way ever since it immediately demanded their eternal service and loyalty simply for showing up. Killing the arrogant pigeon would feel so good.

    Init-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+4 ) [16]

    Caster lvl check for spell resiste-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+10 ) [18]
    Evil Eye-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+6+1 ) [26]


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,284
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    First round:
    Elsa moves to circle round the heavenly servant.
    Oparal casts Fly.
    Tsukohari antagonizes the Shield archon an keeps his attention focused squarely on her.
    Sarvine lays her Evil eye on the celestial before her.
    The shield archon is not one to let a challenge go unanswered and steps up to engage Tsukohari. The large warrior has superior reach and power though Tsukohari's challenge enrages it so that it foregoes it's natural reach to get as close and personal as possible.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack spear - (1d20+16) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+10) [13]
    Natan shoots his crossbow and looks around for some available cover which he can find among the buttresses of the orphanage now turned cathedral or behind several carcasses of slain manticores. (only once?)

    Second round:
    Elsa...
    Oparal...
    Tsu...
    Sarvine...
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,592
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Oparal taps into the magic of the rod in her hands, as well as her inner reserves, and creates spheres of force that home in at the outsider.

    Actions: Free - spend 1 point from arcane reservoir to use potent magic, increasing CL by 2
    Free - use toppling metamagic rod
    Standard - cast magic missile at the outsider
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCL - (1d20+12) [30] against SR
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollforce damage - (5d4+5) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolltrip - (1d20+12+7) [20] (natural 1, failure)





  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Realization of her spell's failure to hold peace between them all. She hated taking umbrage with heavenly forces, however she had duty to her fellows to keep them safe. Well, giving them the ability to subdue the archon was the best she was going to muster.

    "Oooh! I can't believe this. Fine, Don't hurt him, just subdue him."


    Elsa summoned up arcane energies as she flashed a smile and waved her wand in a hypnotic back and forth motion.

    "Turn it up some!
    Alright boys, it's my new favorite spell!
    Left, Left, Left, Right, Left!"


    Elsa sang out the words to her spell as she spent every bit of the next several seconds building up arcane power, her wand gathered strobbing energies and glittering flashes of excited arcane powers.


    At the start of the next round:

    Elsa inhaled sharply as she shouted the final words of her magic spell filling her allies with a strange sense of growing power and confidence

    "HONKEY TONK... BADONKADONK!!!"



    Tsukohari, Natan, and Elsa doubled in size growing into giants of their former selves, although with a magically larger and more shapely... uh... badonkadonks.


    Elsa Tarolandashe
    Free Action: End Concentration

    Full-round Action: Cast Enlarge Person, Mass (Tsukohari, Natan, and Elsa)

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •