Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 157

Thread: Mission: The crucible.

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,401
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Tarrah Abundant Steps, Tsu flies, and Elsa Oparal and Natan are teleported by Sarvine to the doors at the other end of the huge underground foundations. Albeit roughly.
    ((Those teleporting take 6 damage.))
    The horde gets confused at the apparent vanshing of their prey but don't have to look long for things to swarm as archons start coming down the derelict staircase, now 200ft behind you.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    "I think you left some of me back there," Natan whispers to Sarvine as he surveys their new surroundings.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+14) [21]




  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,920
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "That was... unsettling. I am glad I have not eaten anything for weeks now.", Oparal comments. She can still feel the magic of Elsa's spell empowering her own magic. She decides to seize this fact to their advantage: "Tsukohari, Elsa, I can not see you, but you should touch me so I know where you are so I can cast a protective enchantment on you."

    She readies an action to cast a spell when she feels Elsa's and Tsukohari's touch and then casts Life bubble, touching everyone in their group, spending some of her inner reserves of arcane energy to further reinforce the effect and prolong its duration.

    Action: Free - use potent magic to increase CL by 2
    Standard - cast life bubble (CL 12, extended by Elsa's arcane concordance, total duration 48 hours, divided between the 6 of them, 8 hours each)





  4. Default

    As her comrades teleported, Tarrah centered herself. With a deep breath, she closed her eyes. Her ki became cold, like a frozen ocean. She opened her mind's eye. The horde was invisible, but their mass cast shadows on this black, empty void. There wasn't a door, so much as a seam in of space itself. She focused her ki, and familiar warmth blossomed in her chest. The crack widened enough to be traversed. With a single step, she strode through, ending just in front of the door. She could feel the seam close gently behind her.
    [Abundant Step - 2 ki. 3/7 ki remains]

    Oparal touches Tarrah, and a bubble of breathable air and pressure surrounds her. Tarrah thanks her for this minor miracle. She enjoys a breath of naturally-fresh air as the bubble pushes away the stale, faintly sour basement air. Her ponytail is tousled a bit by a regularly circulating breeze in the bubble. Tarrah looks back to the rest of the group. "Let's get in and barricade this thing. I don't wanna find out what it's like to get trampled to death." Tarrah checks for traps on the door, and moves to open the door.

    She is lost in thought. She considers the monsters and horrors they've seen, trying to figure out a path forward for them. She thinks about what is driving the Archons, in case she's missed something.
    Perception: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+15) [24]
    Knowledge: Religion (Trained) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+7) [17]
    Sense Motive: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+15) [27]
    Last edited by veryhappymango; 06-06-2019 at 06:31 PM. Reason: added a reference to smell bc it's funny
    Current Character List:

    Mekhi, Level 4 LG Human Oracle of Bones
    Str 10 Dex 14 (+2) Con 10 Int 14 (+2) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 15 (+2)https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1620402

    Tarrah, Level 10 LN Unchained Monk
    Str
    18 (+4) Dex 16 (+3) Con 16 (+3) Int 10 Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1659670

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,401
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default


    After Oparal casts her protective spell you all go through the doors and close them behind you. A heavy bar falls down barring the passage from the other side. These doors, heavy wooden affairs reinforced with iron should keep even the archons busy for a little while... Hopefully.
    Looking around you see you're in a kind of antechamber from where several corridors leave. From the darkness a ghostly image of a specter steps, holding a half-and-half sword in a salute. The clothes of the ghost are torn and tattered and his armor is beaten. On his neck a ragged wound is visible which seems to ooze slight wisps of eerie spectral vapors. The specter seems to want to charge you when he suddenly stops and lowers his blade. As he does so he reveals his surcoat bearing the emblem of the White Star.
    "Elsa? Sweet little bird is that you?" he asks.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,920
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    As soon as the bar barricades the door, Oparal casts another spell on herself, again reinforced with her inner reserves and Elsa's spell. (casts stone skin on herself, lasts for 4 hours)





  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,634
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Sarvine winces as the magical backlash hits her.
    "I think I left some of myself as well. But for being the third time I ever used the spell, not bad."

    The witch quietly takes a small step away from Elsa as the specter speaks.
    She watches intently the attitudes of Elsa and the spirit without interfering. Who knows what might set the being off into a rampage.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Elsa coughed as they arrived. There was a coppery taste on her breath, she'd feel this one in the morning for sure. Provided she saw morning again.

    Feeling worse for wear the pretty magician stood back as the door was barred. She'd left off her performance. There was no need for that now. Turning to join her companions, Elsa still glowed with scintillating light and color owing to her soon fading Arcane Concordance. The sight of the ghost steeled her nerves and she drew her father's wand in response, ready to unleash her magic only to find herself wavering.

    Tears stung her eyes before she even really realized who she was looking at. It didn't matter really, she already knew. For all the years of bluster about her Father still being alive, deep down inside she knew. It still hurt though. There was no comfort or consolation, that would come later... maybe. There was only the terrible pain of the matter-of-fact reality that her father was dead and his ghost was before her. She wanted to believe that this was a trick, another illusion from a master Magician, but she was so very tired of believing her own illusions.

    "Papa..."

    Grief marred her pretty face. The brilliant colors and vivid images of a child's devoted imagination toward a beloved parent cracked, and broke. Tears slipped easily past their boundaries, pouring out where they didn't belong.

    "I tried to find you... I always believed..."

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Mission: The crucible.

    Natan silently studies the specter, searching for signs of trickery as it addresses Elsa. The uniform, the face…

    He slips a gloved finger behind the trigger guard of his crossbow and the muscles in his arm tense up. He can feel the butt press into his armpit as he stares into the face of the specter. The blood in his veins runs cold and unholy, but blood is blood and he knows this White Star's face, and his name.

    His pale gray eyes dart to Elsa, and for an instant his detached demeanor and his veil of anonymity breaks as he hisses: "Be careful, Ellie." Pale lips tighten as he stops himself from saying anything more. The muscles behind his gaunt cheeks bulge visibly as he clenches his teeth.
    Last edited by theScrappy; 06-07-2019 at 07:32 AM.




  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,401
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "Hey hey, don't cry my sweet little bird. This is a happy day! I worried so about you; if you were alright. Look how you've grown!" the specter answers as he walks up to her on spectral feet. He sheathes his large sword without it making a sound and his voice has a strange echoing quality, something known to Natan as Gravevoice; a quality that comes from being ghostly. "I wish I could hold you in my arms but I dare not touch you lest I drain the life out of you. I'm so relieved that you grew into a strong woman." the ghosts pauses slightly to look Elsa up and down. "And you even followed in your old man's footsteps; a White Star! Nothing could make me prouder!"
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •