Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 189

Thread: Mission: The crucible.

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,392
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Eager to try out one of her most powerful spells against such vile enemies, Sarvine focuses her senses on a spot near the entrance, with the last bit of her spell reaching a few feet from where Lamashtu lay, for maximum protection. Quickly she begins to chant and with a vicious gesture a cloud of yellow poison erupts from the center of the archons and slowly begins to spread across the room.

    Fort save-Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+6+5 ) [25]

    CON damage while in cloud- Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d4 ) [3]


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,213
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    First round:
    Tsukohari takes up a defensive position at Lamashtu and uses her tower shield to shield the proto-goddess.
    Sarvine calls upon her not insignificant magical power and casts Cloudkill. The plane already strained to the breaking point by the amount of magic swirling around in this point can't handle the added strain and with a crack that is more felt than heard especially by all of you able to cast magic the first planar building blocks break. Several obvious temporal shifts become visible as shimmering screens across the room. Clara and the wights are located on the opposite side of one of those. Her wights no longer look like undead warriors anymore, instead having become a collection of demons. Apparently they still heed Clara's command...
    The two hound archons enter the room followed closely by a Shield archon. Both hound archons are severely affected by the Cloudkill but the Shield archon seems largely resistant to the poisonous fog's effects.
    Tarrah launches herself forward and lays a hurricane of blows on one of the hound archons. Her blows would have felled an ox but archons are particularly immune to electricity damage and the attacks on non-evil foes and the hound archon isn't hurt in the least. (DR 10 and Immunity to Electricity.)
    Oparal casts Black Tentacles, catching the archons and keeping them locked in the are of effect of the Cloudkill.
    Clara looks around momentarily doubting if she should help attack the archons but then another wave of attackers appears seemingly out of nowhere; that is to say they exit the wall as if they were exiting a door though none is present. The new arrivals are clearly out for blood but what is even more remarkable is their uniforms; they're White Stars one and all led by a vicious looking commander with white hair and a deep scar across the right side of his face. The sound drifting through the temporal break from behind which Clara is located is warped but you can still hear the commander bark:
    "There she is men! This is the last line of defense! Let's do this! Glory to the White Star!"
    The newly arrived White Stars clash with Clara's demons and the priestess herself.
    Natan lines up a shot at the Shield archon but misses the exceptionally well armored threat.

    Second round:
    Tsukohari...
    Sarvine...
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    2,955
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Oparal's jaw drops, their predecessors were here across time to stop whatever was happening here. Who were they?
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollknowledge local - (1d20+12) [28]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollknowledge history - (1d20+11) [14]

    She weighs pros and cons of possibly breaching the planes further and decides that she is going to risk it.

    Actions: 1 round - cast summon monster V





  4. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Elsa Tarolandashe
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge: Arcana - (1d20+16) (17) [33]

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Elsa finally broke free from her personal crisis as the room began to break apart. She understood what was happening.

    "Stop! STOP!" Elsa shouted to her companions, "Too much magic!" she stated sharply. "Guard me! I need ONE MINUTE!" Elsa shouted above the din of battle as she began what might be the last and greatest performance of her life.

    Drawing her breath and striking a pose, Elsa began to sing the melody that would lead into her Spell Suppression song. She was going to have to stretch this performance out a full minute if she had any hope of suppressing the unfathomable amount of power whirling around their young charge. One minute, that's all she needed, one minute and she could shatter more magic than an arch-mage could dream of. Wizards be damned, Magicians were the true masters of magic and now was the time to prove it.


    Elsa Tarolandashe:
    Move Action: Begin Performance (Spell Suppression Lv1)

    Standard Action: Move to a position where she can be near enough to Lamashtu to focus her performance on the nexus of the magical vortex

  6. #136

    Default

    This is going from bad, to worse. Tsu has to get into the fight, but... at the moment, the most important objective here is one that needs defending. Damn the cleric!! She continues defending, though - they have to hold out. She has faith in Lamashtu here...

    Action: Total Defense with Covering Defense Feat, giving Lamashtu Cover and +6 AC (along with the benefits of Cover, and Combat Stamina: 5 Points of Stamina, for a +6 to Lam's Reflex Saves)
    Stamina Points: 7/12
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 07-05-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  7. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,392
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Sarvine decides while watching the warping of space-time to not use any further magic if she can help it. It might help them in the short run, but ripping out a part of Mysthaven with them still inside would be terrible beyond words. That being said, she still had plenty of tools to use. Turning to face the new white star invaders she targets the commander and begins her ritual of sleep-and-stab. Her eye glows with dim light as she stares at the man while unslinging her crossbow.

    Evil Eye-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+6 ) [12]
    (-4 to will save if it hits)


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,213
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    As the three archons struggle with the Black Tentacles a fourth Archon steps in the doorway, large and radiant with resplendent armor and flowing robes he holds a magnificent sword in booth hands that sheds holy light before him. With a wave he flourishes the blade and it transforms into a clear trumpet that he brings to his lips. The blast that rings forth from the holy horn is deafening and awe-inspiring, like the wrath filled word of the godess of the Sun herself. ((Everyone that is not an archon must take a dc 19 fort save or be paralyzed for Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d4) [4] rounds.)) Lamashtu screams at the sound, in anger and rage and pain and panic all together. She shouts back in demonic tongues and a shimmering forcefield is projected from her to Tsukohari beside her where it blends with the fighter's shield and projects further with the tengu as it's anchor point. The three struggling archons seem to snap into focus and lift up their heads in holy exaltation while they use their god given abilities to teleport out of the Black Tentacles and the Cloudkill to the barrier Lamashtu has just thrown up and they will waste no time to start beating against it with all their might. ((Tsukohari's Tower Shield has been enhanced to +5 and it extends as far as the walls on either side of her. Any attacks penetrating the barrier -meaning rolling over Tsu's AC- drain Tsu's HP as the barrier is tied to her HP.))
    Tarrah...
    Oparal...
    Clara clashes with her band of demons against the invading White Stars as Sarvine tries to Hex their leader. The severe commander is only momentarily fazed by the pitiful distraction but Clara grabs the openeing with both hands and assaults him as she screams:
    "For the goddess!"
    Natan...


    Third round:
    Sarvine...
    Tsukohari...
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,362
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFortitude - (1d20+5) [18]

    Natan feels his joints lock up, and he watches the celestial and ghostly forces bear down on their position, helpless to stop it, or even remark upon it.
    Last edited by theScrappy; 07-17-2019 at 11:13 PM.




  10. #140

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFort. Save - (1d20+9) [27]

    AC: 35
    HP: 90/90

    Tsu is invigorated - and though the blast rings out, she now maintains the barrier, sword sheathed and holding onto the shield with both arms. For once... she has to defend, letting the others do the fighting, the decisions.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 07-18-2019 at 02:16 AM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •