Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 189

Thread: Mission: The crucible.

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,277
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Both Tarrah and Tsukohari swoop in to engage the terrifying creature and Natan's warning is proven correct. The attacking monk as well as the dive charging tengu are met with grasping thick-hided tentacles.
    [rollv=AoO Tsu reach 15]1d20+23[/roll]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+4) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollfree grapple from Grab - (1d20+29) [35]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAoO Tarrah reach 15 - (1d20+23) [30]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+4) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollfree grapple from Grab - (1d20+29) [30]
    The assaults are stopped cold as the tentacles grab hold of the two attackers and the scylla turns her human head to both of them for a moment before her attention is drawn by the trumpet archon that blows his horn. A clear tone echoes through the cathedral, eliciting another scream of pain from within the building, this time mixed with frustration and rage. It is possible to feel the dark marble of the cathedral vibrate slightly in sync with the screaming.
    Through the roof the host of archons comes down amid raining debris and golden light, bringing their holy fury down to the scylla. With a distgusted snarl the creature throws both captured attackers backward (clear out of her reach and out of the AoE of Black Tentacles) and, just as two shield archons get caught in the Black Tentacles she screams in furious anger. The entire cathedral shakes and shifts as water starts flooding in from the entrance where the cathedral seems to be sinking beneath some previously nonexistent planar breach of water. Some hound archons pay the water no mind much to their detriment as a horrid shelled monstrosity emerges from its home plane. The newly arrived Charybdis shrieks awfully and in one fell swoop swallows two archons whole in its huge terrifying maw.

    "Don't just stand there boss! Let's get out of here!" Oparal's raven caws over her head as he flees towards the back, away from the horrid monstrosities and the angels and toward the open doorway he spoke of earlier. Perhaps the manticore and its wounded mate would lay in wait there but they would surely be a more surmountable struggle than this holy war.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollimpact damage Tsu - (3d6) [9] ((Fly or Acrobatics roll DC21 for half damage.))
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollimpact damage Tarrah - (3d6) [11] ((Fly or Acrobatics roll DC21 for half damage.))
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,277
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAoO Tsu reach 15 - (1d20+23) [32]
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,454
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    "We need to get to those screams," Natan deduces. He emerges from his cover to join his companions as tumults of carnage surround them.




  4. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,582
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Oparal, still invisible, heeds the advice of her familiar and runs to the exit.





  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,277
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    As quickly as they all can, the White Star Six gather their wits and comrades and rush head over heels through the doorway with angry archons at their heels. The trumpets of the archons are ringing and the charibdis is screaming and the scylla is doing her own rendition of a most horrific opera. The archons behind you are calling out to you to lay down and accept the beautiful gift of redemption in death they want to give you like the huge arrogant knobs they are. Suddenly Tarrah, running ahead of the group, stops and halts the others just in time not to fall down the gaping pit at the end of the hallway. The wooden spiral staircase that once was here rotted away. It's Elsa that, in her dashing from the archons wasn't looking in front of her, smashes into the group and sends them all tumbling down. Except for Tsukohari who, still invisible even to her companions, descends deftly. Along the way down the six crash into pieces of moldy staircase and what they think is thick webbing and discarded rugs or tapestries... Something clothlike. Down the bottom of their fall the pit is so clogged with old and moldy debris that they land relatively softly. Better said, they could have landed much harder and they don't suffer more than some bruises and scrapes from their descent.
    Luckily the archons don't seem to have followed.
    You stand in what appears to be a basement, among the foundations of this cathedral, with pillars connecting to arched ceiling every 20 feet and rising up high over your heads. The illumaniation here is provided by flaming skulls burning with an eerie green light fixed to said pillars. Not much else can be seen here except the horde of shambling undead, their white decayed puss ridden eyes fixed on you as they shamble forward in their hunger for braaaaaains.
    ((Initiative doesn't matter; Undead horde goes last. This is a horde, not many indiviual zombies. The rules are similar to Swarms. Except worse.))
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Elsa shouted an expletive in shock as she collided unexpectedly with her allies as she glanced back behind her to see if the Archon were behind them. Tumbling through space she remembered her wand, still clutched in her hand, and fired off a quick spell. "HOCUS!"

    A shower of vibrant purple sparks filled the darkened space around her and her visible allies and slowing their fall to a gentle and manageable glide. The slow-fall spell was the savior of many a magician in similar situations. Landing with a brilliant flourish, Elsa looked to see if her companions had noticed the impressive nature of her landing, only to realize she was perfectly invisible. "Drat"

    Elsa had just begun to consider what a gross collection of rotted carpets and wood they'd landed on when she became immediately aware of the wrongness of their audience. "ZOMBIES!" Elsa cried in horror.

    Invisibility, like silence, was a harsh impediment to the power of the Magician yet even unseen performance has latent power. So Elsa performed.

    With an unseen gesture of her wand and the exclamation of "Fabricatasma!" great stone walls constructed themselves from the floor toward the ceiling providing a choke point for the party and a fall back position behind another illusory wall.


    Elsa Tarolandashe

    Fall: Cast Feather Fall

    Move Action:
    Begin Performance: Dweamercraft +2

    Standard Action:
    Cast Silent Image
    Create a defensive box with choke point and enclosed space for hiding (provided you are willing to try to walk through the wall)

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,582
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollspellcraft - (1d20+20) [28] to recognize silent image as it's being cast, DC 16





  8. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,582
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollknowledge arcana - (1d20+20) [31] to recognize the spell effect in place, DC 21





  9. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Elsa Tarolandashe
    Will Save to Disbelieve Illusion upon Interacting
    [1d20+8]

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Elsa Tarolandashe
    Will Save to Disbelieve Illusion upon Interacting
    [/rollv=Will]1d20+8[/rollv]

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •