Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: We Be Goblins Saga

Default We Be Goblins Saga

Keedra gives another yank on a second knife. Like pulling a mighty enchanted sword from a mossey stone, she draws forth a lengthy kitchen knife still glinting it’s biting razors edge.

Poog and Zoog continue to dig and search for their choice of weapons and armor. The only thing is that they keep distracting each other. Soon they are the only ones left still searching. The longer they search the harder it will be for them to find their toads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whelps leave the camp in waves few sticking together. Following the crude map that Floptop drew in the dirt the Licktoad hopefuls ventured towards tadpole pond where they would be able to find and choose their toad. The occasional lazy bubble breaks the surface of the shallow, stinky pond, and a haze of insects clouds the air in every direction. Only the occasional gurp-chirp of toadsong breaks through the drone of bugs.

The Licktoad Tribe recruits its titular pets from this specific bog. The mucky, stagnant waters are thick with algae and insect larvae, making it the ideal breeding ground for a particularly nonplussed species of toad whose psychoactive secretions have helped the goblins pass boring afternoons for decades.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 06-18-2019 at 02:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Buggy takes the position in the middle of the group.. He was not stupid enough to go first and be eaten! "stinky swamp, find toads and leave we should!" Bugeye swirls inside his eyesocket, he liked the place
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 06-14-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Keedra lags behind at first, but when she realizes no one is behind her she tries to find a spot in the middle near Buggy.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

5. Default We Be Goblins Saga

Furback stomps heedlessly forward, jostling through the clutter of skinnier and shorter whelps to get to the front. Reaching the edge of the water, Furback puts his hands on his hips and surveys the surroundings with a faux-imperious demeanour that only manages to come across as if he is lost and confused.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

Stumpbiter follows closely behind Furback that he might be the first to get the toad. He pushes him so that he can get in front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rocscar View Post
    Stumpbiter follows closely behind Furback that he might be the first to get the toad. He pushes him so that he can get in front.
    Furback growls and shoves Stumpbiter back with his chest lid/shield.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Furback growls and shoves Stumpbiter back with his chest lid/shield.
    Stumpbiter slams his fist into Furback’s face and knees him in his tinder section then move on after the toad.

OOC
    Ok now we’re going to have some fun. There are a number of toads scattered throughout the swamp. You are going to have to find them, separately or as a group.
    FYI there are other things that live in the swamp other than toads.

Just give me a direction (N,S,E,W and number of spaces)

The water is only about a foot deep, and goblins are light enough to not risk breaking through the layer of peat at the pond’s bottom (usually). As a standard action, when a whelp finds a toad they can catch a toad with a successful DC 15 combat maneuver check. The PCs can improve their odds with a little cunning by taking special tactics such as climbing to higher ground, making toad calls to lure toads (Animal Handling or Deception), or using Stealth. With a successful DC 12 skill check of the appropriate sort, a goblin gains a +2 bonus on their combat maneuver check to catch a toad.

Happy hunting!

Stumpbiter goes east 10 squares.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast