Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP Campaign

Default PvP Campaign

Ok thanks Alias, I didn’t realize that.

Since I’ve got two interested I think that’s a good number for a small 1v1 one-shot. I’ll get planning on a short story.

Would you prefer a game where you know each other and split due to separate morals about an old relic for example (who ever gets there first wins),
    or
    an unknown enemies trying to prevent/accomplish a goal, (player1 must capture player2 before player2 accomplish a goal such as fulfilling a prophecy. Swings both ways good or bad prophecy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The nr 2 could be a challenge.
    Nr 1 sounds like a treasure hunt movie .

But I like the thing that you did about the goblins.. Have a main quest.. Then use a sub forum to effect the main game.. You avoid the heavy pvp and the stress to keep the flow going evenly. And the effects could/should go both ways..

Default PvP Campaign

That I can do. I love that idea. I’ve always wanted to play out some of the pre-events for my favorite modules/adventures and give a cinematic full story.

It wouldn’t technically be a full pvp but could be fun telling the “Villain’s” side of the story leading up to the beginning of the “Heroe’s.”

I’ve also got ideas for telling little tiny sub plots for key items, events or individuals. Now I’ve got to figure out how to tweak the main story to allow the mint plot to swing either way.

Either idea sounds fun to me, with the caveat that I'd rather not play a completely villainous character. I've tried to play bad guys before but have never been able to get comfortable with it. I wouldn't object to playing a thief or a competing mercenary or somebody who works for a morally grey rival organization to the "good" guys, but I don't want to be, like, an aspiring Lich or a warlord or anything.

Default PvP Campaign

Great. Thanks for volunteering. I think that was the idea for my first attempt. Either two members of the same organization or Two rival organizations trying to get to an item.

How about you Krivak? Are you still interested or do you feel that you’ll be too preoccupied with Menlaus and now the Goblin Saga to take part? If it helps it will be super short compared to even the Goblin Saga.

Alias with the plan to have a really short scenario I don’t want you to think it will be too short. If you like it, would you be willing to stick around and play multiple shorts?

Sure, if the first one is fun (which I'm sure it will be!) I'd love to stick around for more.

Blog Entries

I'm in for anything you throw at us.

8. Default

I will be willing to try it out as a player and in planning it at a broad level. So far, the ideas are interesting. I will be happy to play the bad guy if need be as well since being a DM for quite some time has given me some experience playing villainous characters.

Default PvP Campaign

Wonderful. Thank you for your interest and help with the development.

The problem that I’m having is how to effectively do it in a Play by Post format, as it is my main mode of online gaming.

One method would be to run a game like “National Treasure” and have a party split after getting a key clue to a treasure or relic. Then it’s not so much as a good v evil but two groups out to get it first.

The other method that I’ve always wanted to do is play out both the villain and the hero sides of the story. It helps knowing that you have experience in GMing and are willing to play a villain.

Would you prefer to generate your own characters and allow for the campaign to be completely sandboxed?

Or

Would you be ok with being casted as a character/villain to fit a story and/or loosely railroaded to ensure “scheduled” meetings (for GM sake) and have a final end conflict and conclusion?

10. Default

I think the 2nd option is probably closer to what might make for a more interesting first try at the format.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast