Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Chapter 8.4: The Non-burning Tower

Susten stands up as proudly as he can and formally introduces himself with, "Susten Lockjaw, son of Harmen, one of the Lion tribe's seers. While my mother Therese, was a seer of Chislev, the Beast, I made my pact with Hyrsam, the Satyr Prince." He pauses and he quietly acknowledges, "I know Nyssa, a fair and beautiful young woman. She always treated me with respect when others did not. She is a fiery lass, but I think that will suit you just fine."

He continues, "While I originally pledged myself to Lunitari, the goddess of neutral magic, after finding that the Lion tribe has vanished, I have vowed revenge. My quest for vengeance at all costs has caused my robes to shift to black recently, but I regret only that I have found little information to go on. You have brought me the first bit of actual useful information in some time."

He thinks for a while and says, "It is possible that Creathin has plundered the cave, but the cave itself was designed for warrior passage rites. There are infamous tales of woe of seers entering it and never returning. Perhaps those tales were simply to dissuade others from entering, but if true, I suspect that he gained these relics from others, not by himself. I wish I knew more about the cave and its purpose, but I believe the answers we seek are likely there. I will likely return to Mistmoor myself and see if I can gain more information. If it aids finding my missing tribesmen, you can tell whoever you see fit. Tribal knowledge is only useful if there is a tribe left to guard it, and as time passes and no response from them, I have shifted my goals from locating to vengeance."

He thinks about the Viper tribe and says, "I heard rumblings of a war among tribes, but I thought it was another skirmish that would blow over. I was trying to convince others to aid me in searching for Lion, but if others are worried about war, none want to send small scouting parties out. Viper was mentioned, but so were Scorpion and Bear. You obviously have first hand knowledge of Viper, so I will certainly avoid them. I myself have seen far more activity in the hills tracking my people than I've ever seen previously - orcs, ogres, trolls, giants. Very organized, which is unusual for their kind. Had Hyrsam not granted me invisibility, I would be dead. Unfortunately, I am not well suited at tracking, and my pact hasn't helped me with locating things."

"I will set my personal mark to a writ, take it to Larthor, I believe that only he and my father, and a lone seer, know that I am still alive after Ulkin's betrayal and attempt upon my life. It's left me free to pursue the task Larthor set me without the threat of Viper assassins following us. With it, try to gain whatever aid Larthor or my father will grant you, even if its just rations and horses. Although I hope they will grant you at least a bodyguard of some type. I must go where the Sentinels go. But I will tell them of my suspicions.... perhaps they will likewise agree that it is worth pursuing. If nothing else, tell the People of what the Sentinels have achieved thus far. With freeing Branchala and Sirrion. It will give them hope that evil is not the only thing prevailing in this world. I ask only, that if you find positive proof of where the Lion's are.... alive or dead.... that you find a way to let me know. If I can aid their rescue, I will come."
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Sestun nods and says, "Thank you. Together we can find what has happened to our people. If I had anything of value to aid you, I would give it, but with my people gone, any similar writs that I would give would be useless. Hyrsam has given me no magics to communicate at distance, but if you have such magics, you can check in. It will probably be 2 weeks or more before I can safely get back to Mistmoor and seek aid, but I will leave in the morning."

After obtaining some parchment and ink, Hrothgar does what he says he would do. Then gives it to Sestun.

"You may have to put up with a sending from Vort, but he is our messenger. Unless I can find another. Otherwise I believe Seer Olmek, Larthor's Seer knows me well enough to send a message. I wish you safe travels."

Hrothgar then goes off in pursuit of finding the rest of the Sentinels.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910