Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 359

Thread: The Tor at Hightower

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    Too busy keeping an eye on everyone, Damian only bothers to look at the "Crack" once everyone else has pointed it out.

    "I would rather take my chances on getting inside than remaining out here in this storm"

    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ennis, Texas
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    The Captain can't help but laugh out loud. "Great Malar's mane, you lot want to venture inside this decrepit old thing?! You've got the adventurer's spirit, the lot of you, that's for sure!"

    He looks at the path illuminated by the lights. "The hole seems small, and there's likely just a locked door behind the damned stone, but count us in!"

    His two compatriots don't seem thrilled at this plan, but they stay quiet.

    "How do you propose we make it up there?!" Captain asks over the sound of the downpour, which seems to be slowly increasing in volume.

  3. Default The Tor at Hightower

    Without bothering to continue shouting, Rolen will try to ascend to the top near the crack and then pull out his rope, securing it tightly before tossing it down, hoping to assist the others climb.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollclimb - ( d20 ) (19) [19] +3 if athletics, +5 if acrobatics
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolltie rope - ( d20 ) (2) [2] +3 if survival, +5 if sleight of hand

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    Damian was impressed with the deft climb.

    Less impressed with the look of that knot on that rope.

    He waits for someone else to try it first.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  5. #15

    Default

    "Tie it extra tight, good sir," Yuenni calls up in what she hopes is her politest - and least skeptical - voice. "I am not a large woman, but my armor is weighty, admittedly."



  6. Default The Tor at Hightower

    Hearing the heavily armored voice yell something about the rope, he glanced down and back up then makes a big thumbs up.

    It is a silk rope... but that shouldnít matter just because itís raining right...? This doubt enters Rolenís mind for only the briefest second, before he starts daydreaming curious if he recalls any of the great heroes using silk rope.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollhistory - ( d20+3 ) (17) [20] just for fun to recall rope info.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    Watching the young woman head for the rope. He can't do it. His mother taught him better than that.

    "Wait. Let me test it first, I know a thing or two about climbing"

    He reaches out and grabs the rope... fully aware that its been tied badly. And gives it a tug... hoping like hell that's enough to force it to fail...otherwise he knows he is going to have to climb that accident waiting to happen.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics - (1d20+1) (2) [3] For the Tug on the rope.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    He grimaces.... somehow the rope had held... he was going to have to embarrass himself....

    He begins to climb the accident waiting to happen. Muttering under his breath all the while "I should have kept my mouth shut".

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) (20) [20] +1 Athletics or +4 for Acrobatics...
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    At the top. Damian looks at the knot. Looks at Rolen. Looks extremely puzzled before saying.

    "You must teach me this knot at some stage" there is more than a hint of amusement in his tone. He then turns to head/look through the opening.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  10. Default

    Gallant, doubtful of the rope and the plan of his storm-brothers, grunts in tentative agreement. He grumbles under his breath. "Hiding in a tomb...that one's new."

    He holds the rope in his hands, fully aware of the fact that as the cleric mentioned, armor is by no means light (and he'd be willing to bargain that, at 185 pounds, he's at least a little bit heavier than her as well).

    He grabs onto the rope and starts attempting to hoisting himself up towards to top of the crack.
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20) (1) [1] , +5 for Athletics or +1 for Acrobatics

    Edit: Welp, the plot thickens. that's certainly one way to make a good first impression. I'll defer to Drew for the best way to resolve this disaster.
    Last edited by HorseyFatback; 04-11-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •