Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 366

Thread: [IC 1] The Tor at Hightower

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    Damian looks at his half finished potion.... grumbles something vaguely anatomically impossible under his breath in Undercommon.... then continues to finish making the Anti-toxin. Not prepared to waste the ingredients.

    "It was at the sit and ferment stage anyway" he mutters as he pours the mixture into a vial.... and sealing it tightly places it and the rest of his herbal kit away into his pack once more.

    Once everything is packed away he says "The strange mist took the body away.... and Rolen. I'm all for getting out of this place..... but I do hate unfinished puzzles." He sighs dejectedly...."But I also rather like being alive. So. Out the door.... or...." He points up the rope.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  2. #252

    Default

    Yuenni has two spell slots left and uses both to heal the captain and anyone else still wounded.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCure Light Wounds - (1d8+5) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCure Light Wounds - (1d8+5) [13]

    She then murmurs to Damian in Undercommon, "I am no expert, sir, but that sounded vaguely anatomically impossible to me," revealing her knowledge of the language for the first time with a small smile.

    Turning to the gathered company, she adds, "If we are to continue on, we must rest first; we are all spent, surely. Like Damian, I wish to know what that mist was and how it could simply...simply whisk Rolan away as if he'd never even been here in the first place. It is uncanny to say the least. But I also know we all did not come in here to seek puzzles and their answers; we came to get out of the storm before continuing on and that is all. The question now: do we abandon our previous travel plans to simply become adventurers and follow this all where it may lead? Or do we do the sensible thing and turn around, leave and never return?"

    Amazingly, as the words left her lips, Yuenni found herself rooting for the less sensible option for the first time in her entire life.



  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Alec takes 10 points of the healing Yeunni offers, leaving 9 more for anyone else.

    "I'm sorry, what happened to Rolen?" he asks. Once he's updated on everything that happened while he was unconscious, he weighs in. "Whether we rest or not, we probably shouldn't do it in this room, what with the mist's spout still right there above us."

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    Damian blushes to the tips of his pointy ears.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    "Right, um. Well If you want me to make sure the rest of this place is empty I will. But we all rested not that long ago, so I doubt we will get much more rest in this place. Perhaps we should see if the weather has cleared and try to put some miles between here and well anywhere else really."

    Still looking a bit abashed at Yuenni, he quickly realises that she had understood all of his earlier mutterings as well.

    He didn't think it was possible to blush harder...... but he does.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  6. Default

    Gallant nods at Ravewood's thanks, and speaks up. "If we are going to rest, the entrance chamber may be the best place for it. We could set up a watch guarding the entrance to this corridor, and at the very least we know the other two doors won't cause us any more problems."



  7. #257

    Default

    "Agreed, Gallant," Yuenni says. She glances at Damian, but her expression is inscrutable. She does seem to notice his blushing, but what she feels about that or what it indicates to her is left entirely up to the imagination for the moment.



  8. #258
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Everyone agrees to head that way, but the group makes it about as far as re-entering that long hallway leading back to the entrance chamber before it becomes very obvious that the group's campfire in that chamber, which died out a while ago, has been re-lit and is even larger than before.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    Damian indicates for the others to hang back a bit and creeps forward, trying to blend into the darkness of the hallway. His crossbow loaded and at the ready to fire. He skulks along letting his eyes make out what is ahead.... trying to make out any shapes around the fire.... while at the same time not giving himself night blindness by looking at the flames. Unfortunately the sheer size of the fire is proving difficult to avoid looking at regardless of how hard he tries.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+8) (10) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+4) (3) [7]
    Last edited by Scymon; 06-13-2019 at 06:01 AM.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  10. #260

    Default

    "What in the world...," Yuenni breathes, too surprised to do more than gawk and stare at the conflagration.



Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •