Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: [IC 1] The Tor at Hightower

"Yeunni has almost had more than she can take," Alec notes. "Let's be done with this place. The storm is over and the giants have gone."

"How do you know?" asks Ravewood.

"Because I can't hear the dull roar of the rain anymore and I can't smell the giants' stink wafting down the corridor anymore," Alec answers.

By wrapping a page from the book around the pearl, it is revealed to be a Pearl of Power. While this pearl is on your person, you can use an action to speak its Command Word (set by the owner) and regain one expended spell slot. If the expended slot is of 4th level or higher, the new slot is 3rd level. Once you have used the pearl, it can't be used again until the next dawn. Worth 300gp.

Damian cant help but be amused at how easy it is to set Yeunni off. He briefly muses that it must have been the same for his mother, since he definitely has his fathers sense of humor. Keeping such thoughts to himself, he merely states.

"Yes, I am definitely ready to leave this place and head on to whatever the world throws at me next....I just hope its not another giant spider". He smiles happily. This place had definitely been a treasure trove and not just in magical items. His collections would more than boost his knowledge of poisons and strange creatures. His only regret was not being able to get a few of hose darts from the trap room.

"Well...," Yuenni says, gathering her cloak and swallowing her gorge to steel herself, "that was...that was quite the little adventure, was it not?"

She manages a smile even as she says this, though her eyes remain troubled.

4. Default

Gallant offers a courteous nod in Yuenni's direction. "I think we've all just about hit our breaking points here. I'm still curious about that shaft in the altar room, but I'm willing to let that mystery die if it's just going to send us into more unnecessary trauma."

Everyone agrees to gather up and leave the tomb as a group. As Alec said, the walk out of the tomb is easy because the giants, indeed, have left and the rain outside has calmed down to a light drizzle. Everyone is tired and sore, but Alec strongly recommends pressing on northward until the party has left the area that is know for constant pop-up storms, or else everyone might just find themselves in the same situation again - caught in a surprise lightning storm, only without a convenient, nearby shelter this time.

Everyone pushes hard, digs deep, and travels for nearly a day before it becomes clear that it's safe to make camp, so that's what everyone does. Rations are opened and passed around and songs are shared. Everyone rests and relaxes into the late evening before exhaustion starts to settle in.

Adventure complete. Bonus 200xp for everyone. Look out for a new thread coming very soon.

(OOC: I'm a thirty-six year old professional. I'm married with children and mostly act like an adult all day. And yet, to this day, I still get as giddy as a kid in a candy store when I hear the phrase "bonus xp". )

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637