Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Over Doritos & Mountain Dew

Well, I don't really have any plans to bring in any more PCs as long as we don't lose any more, and I don't really want anyone to take over any of the three NPCs because I'd like them to remain two-dimensional and obviously not the focus of the game. They're there to act as a sort of safety net, since I still am willing to let the dice kill your characters if that's how they roll, and they're there to almost act as items or tools to be used by the PCs. Ravewood: feats of strength. Eldon: utility/healing magic and help with INT/WIS-based stuff. Alec: general all-around assistance and healing items in a pinch. It's up to you guys to learn when these NPCs would be helpful in a situation and ask them for the specific kind of assistance you would like.

I admit that you have, so far, been better at the whole "DM-PC" thing than almost any GM I've ever played with, Drew. I'm good with this group and this set-up, at least for as long as it makes sense in the story.

3. Default

Agreed. I think the set-up is definitely going well (and that Drew seems to have DMing handled perfectly).

About this time, Damian wishes he had some popcorn for the fireworks that are about to happen

LOL.

JK. but seriously i'm more inclined to tell the guy he brought us here under false pretenses.... and walk away.... let him deal with 12 kobolds and 50 goblins by himself...

But that may just be the Drow blood speaking...
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Good post, Ra, but you forgot the skill check.

Sorry! Roll coming!

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPersuasion - (1d20+2) [13]

There is a third option..... but I know that both Yuenni AND Gallant would kill me to even suggest.... so this little assassin is staying ...very...... very..... quiet. :P

(for the record - 3rd option - kill the townspeople or at the very least Baltus and see if Anton will be more co-operative)

Plus as I keep reminding myself... I am CG/CN.... I try to be good... but neutral flicks in..... often....

I do try NOT to be evil like my Drow heritage claims I am..... not that you know that.... i'm just another Half Elf..... nothing to see here....
    Last edited by Scymon; 09-11-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Hard to imagine a GM hearing that your PC assassinated the townsfolk and letting that "CG" stay on a character sheet, my friend.

In the end Its about balance. lol

Sad as it sounds... we offered a balanced way to co-exist.... Baltus keeps refusing it and actually offers MORE chaos and disorder.

To restore balance to his chaotic mind - because he has no time to lawfully or logically work it out.... he just wants to get back to what we were doing... or get paid.

Kill Baltus.

Because he is not true neutral.... the above chaotic as it seems sounds perfectly logical and reasonable. Particularly in an argument of

50 Goblins and/or
    12 Kobolds or
    1 Mayor.

The odds on the 1 are more favorable.

His Good side however reminds him that there are laws.... and that its wrong to just randomly kill people. Hence why I think these thoughts.... but don't utter them.... or do them. But if someone else decided screw it... kill him. Damian would likely fire first.

and if all else fails just quote Star Trek.

The Good of the Many outweighed the needs of the One.

10. Default

As much as I see the balance argument, I think it'll be a tough time convincing Gallant's lawful good nature of that option, LOL.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast