Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Over Doritos & Mountain Dew

1. Default

Things that lead to legitimate moral discussions (like this book) make d&d so much more interesting...

Also, I'll be out of the country until July 1st. I'll only have internet access when WiFi is available, which should be every day, but I wanted to give a heads up just in case.

Legitimate moral discussions may well be the most interesting kinds of discussions there are. I'm absolutely with you, Horse.

My Thoughts on those items....

The Vial.... for that extra sticky trap situation.....
    The Acorn - One never knows when a tree will be handy.....
    The One Shot save ring.... magical trap ass saver
    or the Language one.... for fluff.... and a new language to swear in that no one knows *squints at Yuenni*
    The Belt.... Only cos sometimes in lifting that priceless piece of art..... it helps to have a bit more muscle they can be damn heavy.
    Or the Headband.... because Wis saves are not my best ..... and seem to come up a bit.
    If I had a bag of holding.... then id definitely grab the legs..... between the belt and those.... a Rogues dream..... but I imagine they weigh a bit.
    Not interested in the Shield at all.... Perhaps Gallant for when he doesnt want to use the 2hd - but instead his longsword?

The Slimming Cone - in RL I would jump on that in a heart beat.... in game.... Im amused at how much chaos I could do with that....
    Oh look a nice big fat ogre.... *SUCK*.... *bewildered ogre* not so big now huh? *STABBY* oh crap, now its skinny enough to dodge *runs*
    *Sneak Attack - Fat Suck* DM - wait.... what?
    Sigh... so much amusement.... I could make a fortune in game with my Wonderful Get Slim program.

Anyway I shall defer on making a "Claim" on anything in case something in that really appealed to one of the others.... whether for their intended Character arc, or fluff.....
    Otherwise I imagine most will likely get sold should we ever escape this Box-Episode :P
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Real PCs of course get dibs on the items over my GMPCs.

5. Default

I have a post with my thoughts on the items written on my PC, which happened to run out of charge as I was moving the cursor to submit it. I'll post as soon as I charge back up.

6. Default

My thoughts are currently:

Headband (As one of the older and more experienced characters in the party, it may make sense for Gallant to have some extra prowess in wisdom)
    Ring (Being able to speak more languages can always come in handy, especially because he only currently knows two, with one being infernal which rarely seems useful)
    Shield (As Scymon mentioned, it could be nice just to have a shield for when Gallant is using his longsword, and also theoretically allows him to act more like a protector which is in line with his oath to "kindle and shelter the light")

But as Scymon said, none of these things arereally essential to my ideas of character development so I won't take first claim on anything if somebody else has reasons to want them.

As a side note: Does the lifting belt apply only when lifting individual heavy objects, or does it just triple the wearer's carrying capacity?

Loot has never really been my thing, so if you guys want to give Yuenni something that'll help her, go for it, but truly, neither she nor I will ask.

Also, I'll be on vacation in Florida from the 30th-14th I think, so my posting will drop considerably. I think I'll have internet, but I can't promise I'll use it much. Please consider that two week stretch a minor hiatus for me that will end as soon as I'm back in Maine.

Please don't let me hold you guys back! Keep rolling along and use my girl as a healer and frontline melee fighter while I'm gone!

Damian would like - if only to hold for possible future naughtiness.....
    Acorn - seriously instant tree has so many potentially DM breaking moments to it that my mind boggles - but knowing me I'll probably keep forgetting to actually use it.
    The Vial of Etherealness - I forgot its actual name... but that's essentially what it is.
    The Slimming Cone - the Business ventures alone call for further hilarity - plus its small and light.
    The Belt.... I have a feeling i'm going to become the pack mule so why not ensure I can carry everything.
    Ideally id like the headband - ONLY because Paladin and Cleric both get Wisdom saving throws by default with their proficiency added.... Rogues do not. However If you really want it then grab it for Gallant.
    (i will just make sure to loot it from your body when you die.... JK.... but I am a rogue)

I think Yuenni should get the 2 Rings.....she is a sage background and learning/languages is kinda her thing I would imagine. (and the legs - if only so I can sing "ZZ Tops "Legs" to myself for the next hour)
    As a trust thing, so long as she promises not to immediately destroy it, then Yuenni could perhaps take charge of the Book.... (otherwise I think Eldon should keep it for now)... Since that way she can ensure its only being used for "Good".

Gallant the Shield - and headband if he really wants it.

Ravewood/Alec the Legs - for now - who knows perhaps a gold statue awaits in the last room.... and anything that's been forgotten - because they are essentially our NPC pack mule *extras*

In the end though - Just post in Character what you want, and its sorted, Damian will just grab whatever isn't. He isn't about to leave anything behind.... even if it means stuffing them into other's packs for them.

Drew of the items.... i'm guessing the Language Ring definitely requires attunement.... what of the other ring, belt, headband.... do they require attunement?
    (ie could they be put on straight away and get effect or would we need to wear for the Hour before it takes effect)

And enjoy your Vacation Ra You lucky duck! :P
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

All fine by me, Scy. You guys decide on that and I'll just add stuff to my sheet once everything's all set.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseyFatback View Post
    Does the lifting belt apply only when lifting individual heavy objects, or does it just triple the wearer's carrying capacity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    The Belt.... I have a feeling i'm going to become the pack mule so why not ensure I can carry everything.
    The Lifting Belt only helps you squat down and lift up things. It doesn't affect your general carrying capacity. So keep that in mind. Maybe that'll help you two decide who should have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    I'm guessing the Language Ring definitely requires attunement.... what of the other ring, belt, headband.... do they require attunement?
    (ie could they be put on straight away and get effect or would we need to wear for the Hour before it takes effect)
    Put them on and enjoy their effects right away.

So we'll give Yeunni the rings, Ravewood the legs, Eldon the book, and Gallant the shield. Damian will take the acorn, vial, and cone. You both have good reasons to want the headband and belt, so you'll have to sort that out.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast