Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Over Doritos & Mountain Dew

1. Default

Shoot, Scymon, totally forgot about that. If only our rogue was nearby to scout quietly ahead. Gallant's a bit clunky with his armor, but I'll still bring up the point that following those tracks is likely the smart move when the snow seems to come as much as it does.

btw I neglected to mention it before but it might actually be needed to be stated...

With the 2nd level of warlock I took Hexblade... and my Rapier is now my 'Hex' weapon.

Whenever you finish a long rest, you can touch one weapon that you are proficient with and that lacks the two-handed property. With that weapon, you can use your CHA modifier for the attack and damage rolls until you finish your next long rest. You can also use your CHA modifier for the attack and damage rolls for any of your pact weapons if you have that feature.

The write up implies that I can have more than one "Hex/Pact" weapon.... So i'm tempted to make my daggers "pact" weapons as well... but I did not want to just willy nilly it... so I will await a DM ruling on that. It really doesn't do anything since I believe my Dex is higher so it uses that number by default.... its more for when I use the Hexblade curse.

(I need one more level to get the improved pact weapon which would be a +1 magical bonus and applicable to crossbows... but since Level 5 is the max level anticipated... the silvering of the ammo for that is my enhancement of that weapon.)

Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

I'm back! Just getting caught up now. Hope you all had a nice weekend!

And WB (again) lol.

Drew - would it be possible to get an updated map that shows the latest body location - some kind of line showing the tracks and their direction... and/or at least the Barn? I'm just trying to work out if someone could have gone out to the west and circled back to the east to it or vice versa....

The way I've always interpreted the hex weapon is that you can have one active at a time. "Touch one weapon," it says. And you can just shift the active weapon as much as you want.

I have the basic map I put together to show the rudimentary layout of the town, but it isn't actually to scale and it would get very messy if I started putting markings all over it for body locations and footprint paths and such. But I can tell you that the clearing that the town is in is bigger than the town itself. Anyone could pretty easily go toward one end of town and then sprint around the outside of town to arrive at the other end.

Damian is on the verge of going homicidal maniac... I swear this is just like the Howling... only i'm not the blonde female...

**looks sideways at Yuenni**

(damn now I want to see that film again... but finding a copy is damn hard these days)

I also have a really bad feeling about that horse....

black... crimson eyes.... hellish screams.... but if its supposed to be what i'm really hoping its not (unless I can claim it lol cos it would be such a cool mount). It implies only a certain set of types as its 'master'.... and any one of them makes a werewolf look like a playful kitty in comparison :P

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The way I've always interpreted the hex weapon is that you can have one active at a time. "Touch one weapon," it says. And you can just shift the active weapon as much as you want.

I have the basic map I put together to show the rudimentary layout of the town, but it isn't actually to scale and it would get very messy if I started putting markings all over it for body locations and footprint paths and such. But I can tell you that the clearing that the town is in is bigger than the town itself. Anyone could pretty easily go toward one end of town and then sprint around the outside of town to arrive at the other end.
    Thanks for the map - I had lost the link to it so I have saved it into my favs once more.

I suggested the Depot as our place to head for... one because the guy must have silvered at least some of our weapons by the end of day... and we need them pronto.... we can then head for the Inn to report to the Capt that his two friends are dead.

As for the hex weapon.. I also envisioned it as one at a time (so if holding a rapier and dagger - only the rapier would be the hex weapon... ) but I know - it might be at a higher level, the weapon can be effectively summoned to your hand by magic... so it would be interesting to have "hexed" say a dagger... throw it... and magically resummon it to your hand lol. That might be the improved pact weapon though ... which isn't available unless we level again.. which we are not going to do.

BTW I just want to say (before the super nasty BBEG turns up and destroys us all) that i'm having a blast playing this game.

And yes... I did go and watch 'The Howling' in the end lol. (not any of the sequels though ... only the first one was worth watching even back then).

lol... the "internal organs removed" I'm guessing it was the brains once someone discovered a certain handy book on Eldon :P... and if not... I expect Brains to start going missing :P

And although it was skipped over in the write up - Damian definitely would have insisted Wilhelm get the Captains weapon silvered... if it was possible to even bribe him to stay late to get it done... he would have tried that avenue :P

I don't know about The Howling, but this is starting to sound more and more like one of my favorite novels of the last few years: The Terror (now an AMC series).

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast