Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5e The Tor at Hightower

Default 5e The Tor at Hightower

You're in a small town. The kind of town where adventurers get their start. You've just finished your first quest - dealing with the rats in the tavern's basement - and you're ready for something else. You check the tavern's notice board, where jobs and bits of news that may lead to a job can be found, and you see a piece of news that several unsolved murders recently took place in the village of Torvaldshire.

'That's only a few days travel from here,' you think. It sounds like the perfect job for a brand new adventurer like you: sniff out and apprehend a killer. You stock up for the journey, making sure to pack more than you need in case a surprise frost blows in (it's the cusp of winter and snows could start falling any day now), and then you set out on foot.

After about a day and a half of travel, you start to notice that the wilderness around you has grown rather quiet, like the animals can tell that something's coming. The sky has been slowly darkening all day, and the wind is picking up. The smell of rain has been thick in the air for the last couple of hours. Now it finally begins to fall, gently sprinkling and accompanied by soft rolling thunder in the distance.

You pick up the pace. The storm is rising in intensity pretty quickly and you know that this area is kind of famous for its terrible electrical storms. Within ten minutes, the rain has grown to a steady downpour, and loud peals of thunder are now ringing out that seem to roll across the landscape. The sun is completely hidden behind a blanket of massive stormclouds. It practically looks like night out here now. A cold wind blows from the north. As bolts of lightning begin to slam from cloud to ground and pieces of hail begin to strike the earth, the need for shelter becomes obvious. You start to look around in concern for anything that will do.

Ahead in the distance, a large tor rises from the ground, its form illuminated in silhouette by the occasional lightning bolt striking behind it. It seems rocky and solid, and though climbing it in this weather would be folly, it might have an outcropping or something that would provide safety from the storm. The only other option is to try to just endure this weather, which could be extremely dangerous. You immediately turn in the direction of the tor and start running that way.

Game: 5th Edition Play by Post
    Players: Looking for 4 players but there are only 3 slots open because one slot is currently held in reserve for Ra-thalun due to past promises.
    CharGen: Nothing 3rd party. If it's unusual, just run it by me. It might be okay'd. No evil alignments. Roll 4d6, reroll 1s, and keep the best three. You start at Level 2. I'll be honest, I don't want to have to comb over each application so please try to know what you're doing beforehand because I'm mostly just gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. Include a link to your Myth-Weavers character sheet and another link to an image of your character. I'll use that image to make the map token for your character. There aren't any no-no's when it comes to character race. Take the max HP for first level and roll it for all following levels.
    Posting: Don't apply unless you feel pretty sure you can post around once a day. Players who make it into the game and then don't post often enough will be NPC'd a few times and then written out for good (tastefully) if it proves to be a regular issue. I'll recruit a replacement and write them in as best I can.
    Recruitment: Will be open the standard two weeks or until I get six good, completed apps.
    Notice: I'm using Google Drawings for the map in this game, so you will need a Google account if you want to be able to see the map and move your token and such. HERE is a link to the map itself, so you can see if you can easily view it. Fair warning - I'm not gonna try to kill any players, but if the dice go there, player death is very possible in this game. I know sometimes GMs will pull their punches, but I'm just gonna let this one go where it may.

App #PlayerCharacterRaceClassStatus
    1Ra-thalunYeunni GoldmoonVariant HumanClericAccepted
    2ScymonDamian BlackthorneHalf-drowRogueAccepted
    3BlazeNatza DumontTieflingSorcererWaitlisted
    4LordFluffyEmerliah FaircoinHumanPaladinWaitlisted
    5HorseyFatbackGallant ShephardTieflingPaladinAccepted
    6ninjafarRolen RothanelHalf-elfBardAccepted

2. Default

I may have a busy week (I need to see how some things pan out), but I'll try to get a character rolled up for this as soon as possible. Just wanted to express some interest in advance.
    Gallant Shephard - Drew's 5e Adventure (5e)
    Aso Akitoshi - Pen and Sword (Pendragon 5.2)

Deleted - It was the inane waffles of a caffeine-deficient moment in my day.

See later post for my Dice Rolls, CS link and Token Picture for your consideration.
    Last edited by Scymon; 04-08-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Blog Entries

Eh let's see what the rolls inspire...

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (3, 5, 5, 6) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (3, 5, 2, 3) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (2, 4, 2, 2) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (4, 5, 2, 3) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (5, 2, 3, 5) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) (5, 2, 4, 6) [15]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollDice - (4d6rb3) (3, 1, 6, 6, 5) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDice - (4d6rb3) (1, 4, 6, 3, 2) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDice - (4d6rb3) (2, 4, 3, 3) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDice - (4d6rb3) (3, 4, 3, 2) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDice - (4d6rb3) (5, 4, 4, 3) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDice - (4d6rb3) (1, 2, 4, 3, 1, 3) [10]

Just so I know what to work with.... looking to roll up a Cleric.... if I get something good enough, otherwise probably a fighter type instead.

For your Consideration - Ragnar Ashforge - Dwarven 2nd Level Cleric (Forge Domain).
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1880146
    Ragnar Ashforge.jpeg
    Last edited by Scymon; 04-08-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

6. Default

I will join if you'll have me.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (3, 1, 6, 1, 5, 4) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (6, 3, 3, 4) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (4, 3, 6, 1, 6) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (5, 2, 2, 1, 4) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (4, 5, 4, 4) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (5, 2, 6, 5) [16]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theskyvalker View Post
    I will join if you'll have me.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    I'll be over here, being jealous of that spread.

Blog Entries

I'd be interested. Let's see what the dice say.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (4, 3, 3, 6) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (5, 1, 5, 6, 2) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (2, 2, 3, 1, 6) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (1, 5, 4, 3, 3) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (3, 3, 3, 5) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (3, 3, 4, 4) [11]

Throwing my interest in as well.
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [13]
    Hey all. Back after a long break and ready to crack some heads!

A Drew-run game with some of my favorite players on the site applying and a spot reserved for me?! My gods, I must have died and gone to geek heaven over the weekend and no one bothered to tell me. Looking forward to this one! Let's see if the dice are feeling generous this morning or not.

[roll=Stats]4d6rb3[/roll]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast