Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC Discussion

So you've passed your first fight. Well, more of a warm up really, to let you familiarise yourself with your characters and help the new players become more comfortable with Pathfinder combat.

Originally I was going to give out experience coz it's fun to collect but since most of you asked for personal quests I've decided to do milestone leveling so that I have the option to add extra encounters without going over the experience budget.

About the fumbles, I heard what you asked for. After some research it seems that many people think that nothing wipes out parties faster than fumbles so I have been cautious. Here are my proposed fumble rules for your consideration.

Rolling a 1 is a automatic miss, even if your attack modifier would have been enough to make it a hit.

When you roll a 1, roll again d20+ the same modifier that you used for the attack. If the roll is equal to or greater than your opponent's AC, your attack is only a miss. If the roll is less than your opponent's AC, you fumble the attack.

When you fumble, roll a d100 and consult this table for the result. Then make the appropriate saving throw.

Sound complicated? It's not. If you roll a 1, just roll a d20, a d100 and another d20 and I'll handle everything from my side.

The reason I like this proposal is because you use your attack modifier to confirm the fumble which means that the more experienced you are with your weapon the less likely you are to fumble your attack. And even if you do, it's not the end of the world, you still get that saving throw to negate the effect of the failure.

If you like the idea, I would do something similar for critical hits. When you confirm a critical, you would decide either to do full damage or sacrifice one multiplier for a random bonus effect. (A x2 weapon would deal normal damage + a random effect, x3 would do x2 + a random effect, etc)

Are there any other house rules you'd like to suggest? What do you think about rolling initiative every round to make combat less predictable?

And please let me know when you're ready to move on.

2. Default

Crit miss/hit rules are the same for us as for enemies correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    Crit miss/hit rules are the same for us as for enemies correct?
    I think whatever rule you end up choosing would apply to all combatants, yes.

Default OOC Discussion

Iím actually liking this. I think to help keep things moving smoothly and organized together during combat we should roll all dice including the possible nat 1 rolls. Knowing from experience in our Fallow Hills campaign they come up more often than you realize.

Roll= Attack d20+x
    Roll= Damage dy+x

Spoiler=If Nat 1

Roll= Attack d20+x
    Roll= % d100
    Roll=Save d20+z

Spoiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ready when everyone else is.

Ready
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Default OOC Discussion

Ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct, the teaching faculty are know to you. However it is highly unlikely that any if you would be aware of who he has borrowed books from. Not to worry though, Petros kept good records of his loans.

No MT, it's because they're all hand-written books and the titles are on the title page not the cover. But everyone feel free to grab a book to look at it you like. I carelessly forgot to bring my notes on the book Ruthis picked up and it'll be a few hours before I can get them.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast