Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

Preoccupied with looking for future rivals sent to the past to eliminate him in the present, Ken almost ran into the hind end of Qui. Although she wasn't immediately recognized, after a step back and look up he gave her a little more personal space. It wasn't that he was necessarily afraid of her, he just trusted in her ability wreck him if he displeased her. Beyond that, Ken wished to allow her this moment in peace. Yet no peace seemed to be offered within the coffin.

Spurn on by emotion rather than logic, something in Qui's tone said he needed to see but nothing could have prepared him for this. He fainted on his feet.

A wall? A wall! A WALL DID THAT!?! The wizard blinked himself cognitive once more to his screaming subconscious. It was trying to squared what it heard with what it saw and was getting no where at all. Nothing he learned up until this point helped him get to any closer understanding. He wanted to ask more, where when why but again nothing he learned up to this point helped him to form such questions to a grieving daughter. For now all he could do was step away from the sight and get a little air. He was feeling faint
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

"Why a judgement?" Qui's mind reeled from the thought that someone would even think such things of the Professor. Wasn't he praised by high and low alike? And he had always seemed a good man to her; encouraging, father-like, the epitome of patience, he had always had just the right thing to say when life's walls threatened to close on her.

3. Default

With somber strides,Matthias made his appearance,looking narrowly from side to side.Then noticing Kendra,he resolutely stepped forward."Greetings,child"he began"I share your grief,your father was a close friend and associate."He stopped in conversation briefly to examine the folk about her."His good deeds will undoubtedly make his passing more easy."he states blankly.

You sense that Kendra seems somewhat uneasy. “Harrowstone is not -well, nobody goes there. It isn't a good place. Some claim he went there to perform dark rituals in secret and that what happened to him must have been a judgement.”

“I don't know why Father went there....” She admits reluctantly but then bursts out earnestly, “-but if you truly did know my father, then you must know that he never did anything without good reason.”

Default Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

“Oh my.” Mikial gasps as he sees the condition of is former mentor. He covers his mouth and nose with his handkerchief, holding back any further bursts of unsettlement. “Harrowstone, the old ruined prison? That burnt down nearly 40 years ago and quite possibly haunted. What on earth would he want to go there for?” He asked to no one in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by StillClimbing View Post
    You sense that Kendra seems somewhat uneasy. “Harrowstone is not -well, nobody goes there. It isn't a good place. Some claim he went there to perform dark rituals in secret and that what happened to him must have been a judgement.”

“I don't know why Father went there....” She admits reluctantly but then bursts out earnestly, “-but if you truly did know my father, then you must know that he never did anything without good reason.”
    “You are most certainly right. Though not always apparent, Professor Lorrimor always had a reason for anything he did. There must have been some secrets hidden in the ruins. Do you know what your father was researching before he left for Harrowstone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 04-14-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Kendra shrugs helplessly, “I don't know exactly. You know how protective he was that his work didn't come into the wrong hands. I think he was working on the formula for some sort of elixir. I don't know much about it but he must've gotten stuck. About a month ago, he started spending a lot of time walking near the town, to help him think I suppose. Sometimes he would walk out at night too, but I don't know that he had ever gone to Harrowstone before the night he died.”

Qui nodded in mute agreement, " Humans ARE strangely suspicious creatures. Maybe they'd be willing to share their enlightened opinions."

8. Default

After introducing himself to Kendra, Ruthis stood nearby watching others share their grief or comfort with her. His eyes quickly took in the small group of local people already gathered and, with a little more interest, those still coming or recently come. A mere human. Some half-breed. Yet another human. W-Wait- a...a TIEFLING!??
    ------------
    Time indeed seemed to slow as he watched Qui's bold movements with the coffin. Although well aware it wasn't very decent or proper, Ruthis was himself curious to see the contents. The invitation letter made no mention of the cause of death, and he wondered if perhaps seeing the body would prevent asking the painfull question to the dead man's grieving orphan.
    ------------
    Ruthis moved toward the coffin at the same time Kendra did with Qui's words still echoing in his mind, " What happened? ". His mind moved faster than his body, processing hundreds of possibilities.He went around the coffin and stood on the opposite end from Kendra and Qui and gazed at the deformed corpse in mournfull silence.

Default Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

Mikial glances about towards the sky to see what the weather might bring during the funeral. He would hate for it to rain. As he does so he stuffs his monikered handkerchief back into the breast pocket of his nice tailored suit jacket.

He then glances around towards the other mourners to see if he recognized any as other acquaintance of the professor. Also to see if perhaps the priest had arrived yet.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollknowledge nature - (d20+8) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception - (d20+5) [8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikial:

The sky is grey and heavy -certainly there will be no sun today- but you don't think it very likely that there will be rain either.

Next, you look at the people around you, searching for familiar faces, either from Professor Lorrimor's circle in Lepidstadt or perhaps prominent persons of his acquaintance. However none of the guests are know to you.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast