Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

Droopy eyes blinked slowly as the half elf shrugged away any insult, finally breaking the momentary pause with the word, "Qui."

Having sated her curiosity she turned to the table and contented herself with sipping on a glass of wine, quietly observing the room's occupants.

2. Default

Leda looks slightly offended at Matthias thinking she knows only the basics of fighting, but decided to allow it to pass this time.

Leda looks up and notices a somewhat familiar face. Striding forward toward to the half elf, who's just sipping wine as if she has no worry in the world.Leda looks curiously at her, before saying "Hmmmmm... You look slightly familiar, did u work for the professor along his journeys?"

Eyeing the weird stranger casually over the rim of her glass, Qui noted her vivid blue eyes but they unlocked no long-buried memory she knew. 'Best to be carefull with strangers, especially humans'

"Well, yes, the funeral wasn't that long ago...who here hasn't worked for him?" she dodged slyly.

4. Default

Leda squints her eyes annoyed that this half elf, just so bluntly passed over her original question, typical half elf behavior tho.Taking a few deep breaths Leda attempts to respond to the worlds most annoying person "Yes shockingly I also saw you at the funeral no more then half an hour ago, but perhaps we can be a bit more grown up and have a civilized conversation, I know it may be hard for your race, but if you try hard maybe, just maybe you can do it.Now let's start with introductions, I'm Leda, a very reasonable and likable person, and you are?

Qui shrugged while turning to top up her goblet, not understanding the girl's problem "Whatever, I'm Qui."

6. Default

Leda managed to get the words "Very nice to meet you too!" through gritted teeth.She then hastily went on to find something sweet on the table to quench her hunger.

Default Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

“You don’t suppose....?” Mikial asked in a hushed voice, stretching his neck lower so Ken could hear more easily, the ending of his question purposefully hanging in the air so no one would know even if they did over hear.

He quickly straightens up and changes the subject as one of the others pass them. “Oh really. That’s fascinating, mmmhmmm.” Then lowering his voice again, “he wouldn’t actually be practicing the dark arts would he?” He asked only mouthing the words dark arts. “These artifacts aren’t consistent enough and what you are saying are from different sects.” Mikial puts together and poses the possibility, “do you think during his research into one of these artifacts, he went a bit too far and got into something more than he could handle?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 06-05-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Ken furrowed his brow, and considered himself and pursuit of knowledge then the arrogance of every mad mage tale ever told. "No," he answer honestly, not seeing the professor sharing any of those qualities that lead many astray. "Although..." He added head hung low in shame for even making the suggestion. "That is what we shall settle tonight for certain which..." He heft the Spellbook and flipped to the page he had booked marked with his index finger. "I was thinking in case there is something evil I should prepare a ward spell. One for you and me, but... it'll only last a minute. Should we need it it's either fight or flee..." And well Mikial just saw how well Ken fought.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

It doesn't take Kendra long to prepare. Clearly she was expecting to entertain people who were visiting for the funeral. She quickly lays out a meal and urges you to eat.

Conversation is slow and awkward at first. No one wants the circumstances of Petros' death or the recent slanders against his character to cast a shadow on this occasion, so the subjects are never brought up. Gradually you begin to open up a little, sharing some of the highlights of your personal experiences with the man you all loved and hearing stories that you hadn't heard about him before. It soon becomes clear that Kendra only has a very basic knowledge of her father's non-academic exploits and she presses you for details. And so you pass the time, solacing each other with recollections of your departed friend.

After about an hour, there's a knock at the door and Vashian lets himself in. He looks around to see who is present, hangs his hat by the door, all his movements very slow and deliberate. He takes a seat at the table.

"Miss Lorrimor. Your father's will was located in his bank vault in Lepidstadt. They have transferred it to our own vaults to be held secure till your father's conditions were met for it to be opened." Vashian takes a scroll case from inside his coat and shows it to Kendra. "Is this your father's seal?"

Kendra looks and nods. "It is."

"Are you satisfied that it has not been tampered with?"

Kendra looks more closely this time. "It has not."

Vashian pulls the case back. "I shall read the will then." He twists the stopper out of the case, breaking the wax seal, and draws out a single roll of paper. As he does so, a short iron key falls out, clattering noisily onto the table. Vashian ignores it and begins to read in that impersonal, nasal tone that people use when they make important announcements.

"I, Petros Lorrimor, being of sound mind, do hereby commit to this parchment my last will and testament. Let it be know that, with the exception of the specific details below, I leave my house and personal belongings entirely to my daughter Kendra. Use them or sell them as you see fit, my child.

Yet beyond the bequeathing of my personal effects, this document must serve other needs. I have arranged for the reading of this document to be delayed until all principals can be in attendance, for I have more than mere inheritance to apportion. I have two final favours to ask.

To my old friends, I hate to impose on you all, but there are few others who are capable of appreciating the true significance of what it is I have to ask. As some of you know,I have devoted many of my studies to all manner of evil, that I might know the enemy and inform those better positioned to stand against it. For knowledge of one's enemy is the surest path to victory over its plans.

And so, over the course of my lifetime, I have seen fit to acquire a significant collection of valuable but dangerous tomes, any one of which in the wrong hands could have perilous consequences. While the majority of these times remain safe under lock and key at the Lepidstadt University, it is likely that some borrowed ones may be in the strongbox that I travel with. While invaluable for my work in life, in death I would prefer not to burden my daughter with the darker side of my profession, or worse still, expose her to the danger of possessing these tomes herself. As such, I am entrusting my chest of books to you. I ask that you secure the chest and deliver any borrowed books it may contain to my colleagues at the University of Lepidstadt, who will put them to good use for the betterment of the cause.

Yet before you leave for Lepidstadt, there is the matter of another favour -please delay your journey one month and spend that time to ensure that my daughter is safe and sound. No matter the circumstances of my death, she will be alone now that I am gone and if you would aid her in setting things in order for whatever she desires over the course of this month, you would have my eternal gratitude. From my savings, I have also willed to each of you the sum of one hundred platinum coins. For safekeeping, I have left these funds with Embreth Daramid, one of my most trusted friends in Lepidstadt -she has been instructed to issue this payment upon the safe delivery of the borrowed tomes but no sooner than one month after the date of the reading of this will.

I, Petros Lorrimor, hereby sign this will in Lepidstadt on this first day of Calistril, in the year 4705
    ."

When he has finished reading the document, Vashian puts it down and looks to Kendra. "If that is all, Miss Lorrimor….?" At her mute nod, he collects his hat and leaves abruptly.

Kendra seems surprised and even a little embarrassed that her father would ask you all to give up one month of your time on her account. She keeps her eyes lowered and traces meaningless swirls on the tabletop. "If you need…" she begins hesitantly, "If you choose to stay here awhile, I would be pleased to offer you the hospitality of this house, food and rooms as long as you like. I don't know… -it... will take awhile…. before I decide what to do now. But for the sake of the friendship you had with my father, I should like to consider you as my own friends too."

10. Default

Ruthis nods mutely, still absorbing what he heard.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast