Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

Ken nods and follows Mikial for a few steps before his pace comes to a slow realizing they're alone... Enough for whispers at least.

"Mikial, he's innocent." It wasn't clear whom those were intended to convience. "The professor... we'll clear his name." These were certainly statements but each lingered as if they were questions to which the answers were uncertain. "And stop the cult in his place... I... I know I wasn't much use in that fight earlier but..." He trailed off and gripped the bag with the books. The contents around the knowledge was most certainly dubious at best but the knowledge in and of itself...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Default Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

Quote Originally Posted by No Body View Post
    "Mikial, he's innocent."
    Mikial steps forward to help his friend with a larger book and sees his brow furrow with concern.

"The professor... we'll clear his name."
    “I know we will.” Mikial acknowledges.

"And stop the cult in his place... I... I know I wasn't much use in that fight earlier but..."
    “We’ll do it together. Now don’t worry about that and come and join Ruthis and I for a nightcap to calm your nerves. Let me show you what I found.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikial showed Ken the stacks of books that the professor had indicated for further research. “I found a list of titles the professor was using. Maybe we could find out what was so important at Harrowstone for him to investigate. I figure we could devide and conquer and see what Petros was up to.” Mikial grabs a book referencing Harrowstone, “I’ll start here.” He then holds out another title reference for Harrowstone and the other for the Whispering Way. He offers them out to the each companion seeing what option they will take. “How about you?”

OOC

Is there a local newspaper or is most of the news posted on the town square reader board just visited by Leda? I’m wondering if there might be news of a recent fire? If not I have another theory.

I would like to know about the following regarding Harrowstone;
    -What was the building’s purpose?
    -is there a map of the grounds?
    -What was the cause of its destruction? (My hypothesis is that the reference in the journal to the fire is referring to the building’s destruction and not a recent local fire.)
    -What is the origins of its rumor for being haunted?
    -What connection does if have to the Whispering Way if there is any?

My main questions I’ld like to get answers about the Whispering Way is;
    -What is/was the Whispering Way
    -What is/was their purpose/goal
    -is there any continued activity? When was most recent documented?

But of course I’m not reading about the Whispering Way so whoever is can pick what they think is important to know.

“Well? We’ve only got these books for a month so we’ve better get started studying what information they hold and how it can help answer what really happened to the Professor.” Mikial doesn’t wait for them to choose and gives either of them the book he held before them by dropping it in their lamp. He walks over to recover his drink and held it high for a toast.

“Alright old friend, your friends and pupils have gathered, we will do as you ask and return these books but not before we find out what truly happened to end your life so abrubtly soon and to avenge your death by bribing to justice who ever is responsible. May we do you proud and finish your life’s work. To the professor.” Then he takes a drink. “Oh that’s good. Now seriously we better get started.”

OOC
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRead time - (2d4) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHistory - (d20+4) [19]

I did say I was going to stay up all night

Authentic Forum Dice-rollread time - (2d4 ) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollArcana - (d20+8) [13]

5. Default

Leda upon coming from her thoughts finds herself at the Lorrimer residence front door, she remembers the fact that there are only a few rooms here, turning back around Leda heads to the inn to find a room, yawning as she goes.

6. Default

Matthias looks up from his long ponderings. He had a very important....thing on his mind, that he had to think about.
    He looks around suspiciously.....had he sensed someone using or learning the black arts nearby??! Hmmmm…
    Yawning, he looks around the room. Realizing it must be getting quite late by this time, Matthias slowly gets up and leaves for the Inn.

7. Default

'To the Professor' Ruthis also held his glass high for a moment before taking a few gulps. Ahhh, yes it did taste good! After rolling his tongue several times in a attempt to get a finer acquisition of the taste his eyes and hands went for the book he was given.
    With no further ado he turned the cover and began reading.
    Last edited by Balrog; 08-03-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Ken nodded, not fond of The Drink, the wizard made a rare if not first exception in remembrance of his good friend. He sipped slow through a sour face, any played assistant somehow unable to find the heart to actually study himself anymore this night.Authentic Forum Dice-rollaid history - (d20+8) [9] Authentic Forum Dice-rollaid arcana - (d20+8) [10]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819