Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 217

Thread: Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

  1. #181

    Default

    Ken nods and follows Mikial for a few steps before his pace comes to a slow realizing they're alone... Enough for whispers at least.

    "Mikial, he's innocent." It wasn't clear whom those were intended to convience. "The professor... we'll clear his name." These were certainly statements but each lingered as if they were questions to which the answers were uncertain. "And stop the cult in his place... I... I know I wasn't much use in that fight earlier but..." He trailed off and gripped the bag with the books. The contents around the knowledge was most certainly dubious at best but the knowledge in and of itself...

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

    Quote Originally Posted by No Body View Post
    "Mikial, he's innocent."
    Mikial steps forward to help his friend with a larger book and sees his brow furrow with concern.

    Quote Originally Posted by No Body View Post
    "The professor... we'll clear his name."
    “I know we will.” Mikial acknowledges.

    Quote Originally Posted by No Body View Post
    "And stop the cult in his place... I... I know I wasn't much use in that fight earlier but..."
    “We’ll do it together. Now don’t worry about that and come and join Ruthis and I for a nightcap to calm your nerves. Let me show you what I found.”






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

    Mikial showed Ken the stacks of books that the professor had indicated for further research. “I found a list of titles the professor was using. Maybe we could find out what was so important at Harrowstone for him to investigate. I figure we could devide and conquer and see what Petros was up to.” Mikial grabs a book referencing Harrowstone, “I’ll start here.” He then holds out another title reference for Harrowstone and the other for the Whispering Way. He offers them out to the each companion seeing what option they will take. “How about you?”

    OOC

    Is there a local newspaper or is most of the news posted on the town square reader board just visited by Leda? I’m wondering if there might be news of a recent fire? If not I have another theory.

    I would like to know about the following regarding Harrowstone;
    -What was the building’s purpose?
    -is there a map of the grounds?
    -What was the cause of its destruction? (My hypothesis is that the reference in the journal to the fire is referring to the building’s destruction and not a recent local fire.)
    -What is the origins of its rumor for being haunted?
    -What connection does if have to the Whispering Way if there is any?

    My main questions I’ld like to get answers about the Whispering Way is;
    -What is/was the Whispering Way
    -What is/was their purpose/goal
    -is there any continued activity? When was most recent documented?

    But of course I’m not reading about the Whispering Way so whoever is can pick what they think is important to know.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

    “Well? We’ve only got these books for a month so we’ve better get started studying what information they hold and how it can help answer what really happened to the Professor.” Mikial doesn’t wait for them to choose and gives either of them the book he held before them by dropping it in their lamp. He walks over to recover his drink and held it high for a toast.

    “Alright old friend, your friends and pupils have gathered, we will do as you ask and return these books but not before we find out what truly happened to end your life so abrubtly soon and to avenge your death by bribing to justice who ever is responsible. May we do you proud and finish your life’s work. To the professor.” Then he takes a drink. “Oh that’s good. Now seriously we better get started.”



    OOC
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRead time - (2d4) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHistory - (d20+4) [19]

    I did say I was going to stay up all night

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollread time - (2d4 ) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollArcana - (d20+8) [13]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Default

    Leda upon coming from her thoughts finds herself at the Lorrimer residence front door, she remembers the fact that there are only a few rooms here, turning back around Leda heads to the inn to find a room, yawning as she goes.

  6. Default

    Matthias looks up from his long ponderings. He had a very important....thing on his mind, that he had to think about.
    He looks around suspiciously.....had he sensed someone using or learning the black arts nearby??! Hmmmm…
    Yawning, he looks around the room. Realizing it must be getting quite late by this time, Matthias slowly gets up and leaves for the Inn.

  7. #187

    Default

    'To the Professor' Ruthis also held his glass high for a moment before taking a few gulps. Ahhh, yes it did taste good! After rolling his tongue several times in a attempt to get a finer acquisition of the taste his eyes and hands went for the book he was given.
    With no further ado he turned the cover and began reading.
    Last edited by Balrog; 08-03-2019 at 10:04 AM.

  8. #188

    Default

    Ken nodded, not fond of The Drink, the wizard made a rare if not first exception in remembrance of his good friend. He sipped slow through a sour face, any played assistant somehow unable to find the heart to actually study himself anymore this night.Authentic Forum Dice-rollaid history - (d20+8) [9] Authentic Forum Dice-rollaid arcana - (d20+8) [10]

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

    Mikial, Ken and Ruthis spent the majority of the night pouring through the marked books identified by the professor. What they were able to identify about Harrowstone was that it now a ruined a prison was built in 4594. Ravengro was founded at the same time as a place where guards and their families could live and that would produce food and other supplies used by the prison. In 4661 a fire partially destroyed the building and killed all of the prisoners and most of the guards destroyed a large portion of the prison’s underground eastern wing, but left most of the stone structure above relatively intact. The prison’s warden perished in the fire, along with his wife, although no one knows why she was in the prison when the fire occurred. A statue commemorating the warden and the guards who lost their lives was built in the months after the tragedy—that statue still stands on the riverbank just outside of town. Over the years, timers and superstitions has lead locals to believe that it is haunted, and many don’t enjoy speaking of the place.

    All that they were able to learn about the mysterious and cryptic cult known as the Whispering Way before their eyes became to heavy to continue was that it is a sinister organization of necromancers that has been active in the Inner Sea region for thousands of years. Agents of the Whispering Way often seek alliances with undead creatures, or are themselves undead. The Whispering Way’s most notorious member was Tar-Baphon, who became known as the Whispering Tyrant, although the society itself has existed much longer than even that mighty necromancer.

    Little further could be learned from the limited books about the prison or the Whispering Way in the professor’s library. Throughout the books, however they found notes of other titles and where they could be found in other libraries throughout Ravengro;
    - Town Hall Library
    -History of Ravengro
    -Record of Harrowston inmates
    -Five most notorious prisoners of Harrowston

    - The Unfurling Scroll
    -Harrowston the Lifeblood of Ravengro

    - Temple of Pharasma
    - Ravengro Death Records
    - Anathemas of Pharasma
    -Occult’s that oppose the Lady of Graves

    While the others sat slumped in their chairs Mikial continued to fight the urge to sleep. He almost felt energized when he slipped out a journal that he had found hidden in the desk. He began to recognize some of the alchemical symbols and equations yet many were still beyond his level of expertise. As he flipped through the pages they context within was coded, a puzzle within a puzzle. He knew this was meant for him and only for his eyes. He meticulously began to work on solving the cypher.

    OOC
    Mikial Int Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20) [7]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Chapter 1:Haunting Of Harrowstone

    As Leda turned and meandered back out of the Restlands she comes across a cluster of weather-beaten tombstones. Upon one of the stones she notices something disturbing—one of the graves bears the name of Mathias Vogel
    and an inscription that reads, “Come to my world, and be as I; as I am now, soon you will be; embrace your end and witness me.” A smaller inscription below the inscription reads, “Died 4661 ar”.

    As the half elf made her return back to town she looked up and cursed the rain and the circumstances of too few rooms at the Lorrimor residence. The rain continued to increase from a drizzle to a full relentless rain and fall upon the small town of Ravengro. Pounding on the rooftops and turning the cobbled streets of the Downtown District into a warren of slick stones and muddy waters.

    Located only a stone’s throw from the high stone walls of the Town Hall, the old wooden tavern known as the Outward Inn is easy to find. The warm light from its windows and the trailing smoke from its chimney served as beacons of refuge and comfort to those caught out in the storm.

    By the time Leda had reached the in her cloak had soaked through and her fingers ached from chill. She rested her hand on the rough paintwork that coats the door and pushed. Rough wooden splinters cut into her palm; shards of black paint crumble to the floor. The hinges squeal as though they are a warning, but their plea is silenced by a wall of noise. Laughter overpowers the soft spoken halfling bard plucking on his lute. Conversations swirl in a dirty cloud of smoke, the stagnant stench of tobacco hides within the collaboration of mephitic odours. A sharp smell of drink wafts towards her, like black plumes bellowing from the windows of a burning house. There’s even a hint of distrust tainting the fragrance of the room. At first glance a familiar pale face could be seen in a corner booth near the fire. After taking another look across the room another familiar brooding dwarf sat staining into his mug oblivious to the two other acquaintances in the room. The coat racks near the hearth were nearly empty showing that many of the patrons had been here well before the rain picked up.

    “Come on in and warm yourself. Take a seat and I’ll be right with you.” A woman shouts in passing with her hands laden with tankards and a platter of food.

    OOC
    Leda you have just entered into the Outward Inn soaking wet and have spied Leda in the corner booth.

    Matthias and Qui, both of you have arrived just before the rain picked up. And you see a drenched Qui enter.

    Did Matthias and Qui talk before Leda walked in? And what is a tavern with out rumors, especially in Ravengro. Please roll perception checks.

    What do you do?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 12-18-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •