Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 126

Thread: Chapter 3: Into the Woods

  1. #51

    Default

    It takes Axle a while to notice his loss. At first he though he might have misplaced it. He checks his pouch to make sure he hadn't puten it away and forgot, he checks around the rock to make sure that he hadn't knocked it off. He even remembers to check his hands to make sure he's to looking everywhere for it with it actually in his hand all the while. It does seem to be really missing.
    Axle begins to check the ground more earnestly before the light completely fails, to see if his flint has left any trace of its flight.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception - ( 1d20 ) [1]

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,317

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Axle is perplexed at being unable to discern what happened to his flint and tinderbox. It’s small enough to just be easily covered up or buried by a scuffle if earth. He is seen circling the camp site after searching through every nook and cranny of his pack wiper success. Luckily the fire is already lit and Hopefully one of the others still has theirs otherwise he will have to revert to his early survival training to start a fire the ol’ fissioned way with friction, or the thought if Mel could call upon flames as well crossed his mind.

    “Did ye loose somethin’ lad?” Kostan asked looking up from making the last adjustment on the last bivouac.

    “I will help you look.” Korak calmly volunteering with his eyes still closed from his brief meditation. “We haven’t much time before the twilight fades.”

    * * *

    Regina wondered a bit further, slowly making her way around the camp to see if she could catch whoever or what ever was watching them.

    What she saw before her as she meandered through the trees were little fireflies dancing in the twilight. But as she gets closer to one, she realizes it is not a firefly, she knows better as she would catch them in a jar during many warm summer nights as a child before life became sour and she was taken from her home.

    OOC

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception Kostan - (d20+5) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception Korak - (d20+8) [14]

    What does Regina do? Continue to follow, attempt to capture or something else?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #53

    Default

    It had been a long time since the sight of fluttering insects roused any joy or glee in the Kuru. Even now she almost neglected them in her search, a subconscious blind spot until something about the fluorescent mote stood out distinctly NOT firefly. Instincts took over and sunk the barabarian low as if ready to pounce, growing perfectly still except for those red eyes that tracked the hovering lights.

    She watched them more out of caution than curiosity, an attempt to glean what they were, if they may be a threat, would they taste good on a stew.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,317

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    From her position behind a stump, Regina continues to watch the strange creatures darting from tree to tree leaving moats if faint luminescent trails behind them. She is still thirty to fifty feet away from the nearest one. Bandit slowly trails behind meandering from tree to tree curiously smelling the abundant smells of the forest. After getting her fill of smells she sits by Regina looking up at her and then back out to the forest at the rising sounds of the forest nightlife.

    OOC
    Roll any or all of the following

    Nature: to determine what they are
    Insight: to determine what they are doing
    Stealth: to continue to be unseen by them

    No further perception needed at this time. We’ll roll with your nat 20 for a while.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 06-27-2019 at 04:15 AM.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,317

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    The boys are unable to find the tinderbox anywhere and are forced to give up when there is no more light to look. Perhaps they might find it in the morning when they are cleaning up. For now they sit around the fire and partake in Mel’s first attempt at cooking for the party.

    OOC
    What has Mel prepared for the group?
    Is they’re anything that anyone wants to accomplish tonight? Are you going to establish watch shifts? There are 5 of you to make 1.5 hr shifts and you have two dogs to help.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #56

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsense motive - (d20+1) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollstealth - (d20+3) [8]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,330
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Mel use his skills as herbalist to prepare tonight supper... His eyes finds a white flower growing from green vines.. Sweet potato! He quickly digs the ground and is able to find a few pieces
    he also gathers the leafs from the vines that will act as sallad. He walks back to the camp dirty.. But couldnt care less as he found some really nice food to eat.
    He gathers leaves from the surrounding area and when enough he place the sweet potato into the fireplace and cover them with ash then the leaves creating a warm smoke
    He grins and turns to the others "This will be a treat! .. My aunt taught me this one and it will taste so sweet when its done." After awhile he takes one of the smaller once
    and split it open.. Its purple inside and the young lad grins even more "Perfect" And offers it to the others together with the leafs he found before

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,317

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Regina determines they are the ones that have been following the group. Wait a minute those two are carrying something, it looks like a small box of some kind, it almost looks like Axle’s tinderbox. It is Axle’s tinderbox! And what are those others carrying? One carried what looks like a deck of cards, another three carried a book with a symbol of a hammer and anvil on it, and another two bobbed through the air as they carried a box like bag. Wait one flipping minute! That’s her bag of colding! Those thieving little pests!

    Regina shifts her weight in the moment she realizes they have been stealing from her and the group. The shift in weight causes a twig to snap. She quickly ducks behind the large tree stump. Maybe they didn’t see her, that’s when she catches sight of Bandit still sitting there, with that curious look on her face like most dogs get when they see something curious such as objects floating in the air. Shit! Damn dog!

    The fluttering creatures turn to see a flash of dark movement behind the stump and a dumbfounded dog. They immediately picked up their pace and darted for cover.


    ***


    The boys begin to enjoy the sweet earthy flavor of the colorful tubers and crisp tender greens. After a few moments they realize Regina hasn’t returned from her ‘evening stroll’ yet. The incident at the river must still be causing her some uncomfortable embarrassment.

    OOC

    Regina what do you do next? Those darn insect things are getting away with your things.

    Boys how much longer would normally weight before going out to look for her. She’s been gone for the entire time to prep the fire and for the food to cook (roughly an hour or so)




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,330
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    ((when the food is done and she is no where to be seen Mel would start being worried))

  10. #60

    Default

    Those are her things and they took them. She only has one recourse, take them back.

    "You little thieves!" She snarls and sprints out from behind the foliage camouflage.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •