Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 3: Into the Woods

Blog Entries

Mel didnt try to stop Regina as she stormed away.. He stil felt her lips against his .. Mel took both his hands and slap both his cheeks at the same time "It was not a kiss... It was a life saving.." He tried explaining to himself.. He walks up to Kostan and inspect
    the damage good.. Mels book that was damaged he was concerned about .. Of all the spells he could have learned he forgot to add the spell mend to the list.. In next town maybe he could find it.
    "What now? .. I think we should set camp and dry our cloths before anyone get sick..." he recommended .. Even if they where in a hurry.. A cold now would effect everyone

Axle prepares his equipment for a river crossing and then, grasping the rope, he wades out into the frigid water. When it becomes to deep for walking he relies on the rope, pulling himself across the current and trying not to concentrate on the painfully cold water. The crossing was more difficult than he thought it would be but thanks to the rope Regina took across, he is able to reach the other side quite safely -though not very comfortably.

Axle staggers, shivering onto the opposite bank and immediately begins preparing a fire. "Two hours." he growls through chatting teeth as he rubs bark between his palm to separate the fibres for tinder, "And that's more than we can spare. Two hours, Menlaus. Get dry. And then we go."

Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

“Ok, your turn. Are ye ready lad?!” Kostan shouts across the river to Korak. “We’ve got ye. Menlaus and I will pull ye across.”

As he and Mel grab hold of the rope to quickly pull the monk across. Kostan lowly asks over his shoulder to Mel. “Well done and quick thinking lad, what ye did for Regina. I think ye’ll do just fine. I wouldn’t worry yerself ‘bout the Regina. She’s a bit rough ‘round the edges and takes some time gettin used ta. She’ll be back soon.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

"I couldn't let the water take her.. But thinking about it was only the gods hands that made us survive that fate“ with only 2 hours to spare he quickly gather twigs and start a fire.. *Would the mending spell dry cloth as well?*.. He had to look into that spell he thought for himself.. Trying his hardest to stop picturing what happen just a moment before

Korak sets a loop in the slack of the rope and slip it around his chest. He steadies himself against the rushing current pushing against his legs as he wades into the river. When he can’t hold himself against the force of the river he lunges forward and kicks and swims as hard as he can. Aided by the rope being pulled by Kostan his path is hastened.

The fire quickly takes flame and burns through the kindling. Mel returns with arms full of perfect fuel for the warming fire. While out gathering downed branches he recalls his aunt telling him the versatility of the prestidigitation incantation. It lifts, it warms, it cools, it flavors. He may be able to assist the fire in drying the clothes quicker. They would have to be removed so he doesn’t risk burning the wearer. His cheeks blush at the thought.

OOC
    Go ahead and take your short rest and dry off. Make your posts if you’d like. I’ll get the group going again.

Far... Far enough that she wouldn't hear them laugh, call her worthless, weak, a failure. Regi forged far ahead with more frustration than purpose. Far enough away that the others wouldn't hear the scream that felt as if it were ripped out against her will... She hoped.

She needn't any more to look the fool after that performance let alone to let on to such a vulnerability. She roared, and cursed and abused some innocent tree bystander; bears marking territory have done less damage. It continued until she got it all out of her system and was left a heap of heaving shoulders and labored breath.

Stupid, weak, her thoughts had become an echo chamber of Regina's very own brand of self admonishment. Well calling it her specific brand is a bit misleading. Just about every essential cast member in her life thus far had directed those words at her in some manner and did it ever sting when she proved then right.

What? No! Those weren't tears, she's just still wet from the river. She's not crying, no you're crying! Goddess don't cry! They don't fail. Theydon't...

It was a far walk back, as to be expected, spent in silent introspection and halted at the edge of the makeshift camp. Everyone seemed to had made it across without Mel kissing them... As far as she could tell or rather project in that insecure manner of hers. Habit made her fold her arms in manufractured disappointment, but actual shame averted her eyes down and away. "I may have..had a little too much wine."

The weirdest way to say thank you for saving my life after my egregious failure.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

“Are ye alright lass?” Kostan asks her as she emerges and returns to the warmth of the fire. He rings out his shirt and places it out on a log that they had dragged closer to better help the clothes dry. His short stalky form looked strange to her, his chest a barrel and arms were as thick as her legs. All the decades of spending swinging the hammer at the forge. “Thank ye for the new clothes, they actually kept dry in the pack.” The dwarf happily puts on his new yellow shirt and brown trousers that she had gotten him that morning from the trading post.

But what really caught her eyes were the others. Each also without their shirts and preparing to take off their trousers and boots, that is except for Menlaus. The shyness taking over, as he quickly pulls the wet shirt back over his head to be modest.

“C’mon over and dry yerself Regi. We can’t take much longer if we want to reach the road and see where it leads by nightfall.”

Blog Entries

With the wet cold shirt covering his body he still felt hot when Regina came back "I hope your feeling better .. " He cleans his throat with a cough and quickly add some ginger, honey, cowslip, elderberry and last horehound to some boiling water.. The herbal water would help the group prevent getting
    sick... He hoped! And quickly offered it to the party around the fire.. And last Regi "This will make you warm" He adds like a fool and then sits down close to the fire sipping on the sweet liquid

Regi winced slightly when she first heard Kostan speak up, prepared for the worse she steeled herself for the onslaught that didn't come...yet. Instead she got words of concern followed by thanks; that one grabbed her attention. The Kuru looked up again with a confused if not suspicious squint, scrutinizing the scene laid out in front of her. It wasn't of the orphanage, nor the dangerous back streets or cold prison floors they lead too, not the desolate camps of crooks and highwaymen although not very far off in aesthetics, it wasn't even the seedy dens Flynn introduced her too and that was her good memory.

Nope just a group of, mostly, shirtless men getting warm around a fire in tandem. She looked toward Korak and Axel awaiting the shoes to drop, ok and maybe to ogle a bit, when something mousey in her peripheral snapped her attention to the hot cup being handed to her. She blinked, and intense glare at the tea? She obviously wasn't sure and was studying if as if handed some unknowable artifact. It was some drink but she had... Her free hand stopped short of the bottle on her hip and fell limp as she sighed, "Thank-..."

Nope not so fast almost got her again but she wasn't that eas- "Thanks."

Oh no... Is this the end of the world? Is it finally time to realize that dream of opening a coat store in the hells? Which mad mage is cast fly on his pig familiar?

Regi moved closer before that shoe dropped, resigning herself to it in her mind. She wouldn't be able to flee when it did, especially with the extra set of clothes added to the branch. No shame, no modesty she found a relatively clean place to sit naked near the fire. Well mostly naked she still had her weapons at hand.

She looked toward the dwarf so appreciatively dressed in the clothes she brought to cover up her grave robbing and felt strange feeling in her chest... Must have been whatever was in the drink, so she ignored it and looked toward Mel. "You saved me?"

Somewhere between a statement and a question you get in an interrogation. Either way she didn't wait for the answer. "Thanks... For this too," she held up the cup. "Enjoy the show until we're dry. But then we're even."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Blog Entries

Keeping his eyes just above Regi's head his face is bright red.. "I.. I did what ever anyone would do when someone is in danger.. Even more.. When its a companion.." Even more when its her?.. The thought said in his head.. He takes a quick sip from
    the tea.. almost burning his tongue and the thought went away. "Its a recipe, Aunt Blodwyn showed me. I'm sure she would scold me and done a better job herselfs.. 'You boild it to hot again' he quotes and snickers
    Its been a short time.. And he missed her already. But a new road was a head of him.. He had to learn more about the world then from the books he read.
    In his thoughts his eyes slips down and when he realize what his doing . . . He quickly turns away.. If there was a color more red then his face.. It didnt exist "..Y..You never owned me anything.. It was not a favor, or a reward I was after"
    He quickly goes and get a few more twigs in the woods to keep the fire going

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast