Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 127

Thread: Chapter 3: Into the Woods

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,330
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "One have to act on the powers that they have received.." he stretch out his arms on the side "Unlike you who are 'Strong, beautiful and a skilled fighter " he hesitate for a second then continue "I do not see myself as.. Pretty... I'm not a strong person.. But I have my head.. So.. That's why I fight with words and use them as a sword".. He strokes the back of his head.. "but to answer your question.. No.. I don't want you to be angry with me" Mel gives a faint smile "but if you are, you'll have to tell me how to reverse it.. Because even if I have my brain.. I'm a fool at these things.. And many other"

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,322

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Korak gives a knowing look. Axle confirms what he had sensed during his meditation. Axle ha no more than just covered the remains back up when Regina and Mel stormed through and threatened to unearth them again. The two argued in not to different of a manner than he and his wife used to do when they got into one of their rare disagreements.

    “Hey, hey cut it out you two.” The monk intervened with a stern voice. “What did you find while you were up there? Any signs of our goblins or where they might be hiding out?”

    The two answered simultaneously but were stopped by a glair from the Halforc and a smirk from Axle, and a chuckle from Kostan thinking the scuffle between the two slightly humorous. Gwion stood to the side awkwardly holding his bindings awaiting for them to be tied.

    Regina spoke out first. “Pret....” catching herself, “Smarty pants here thinks we found something. Possibly an old road through the Fangwood.” What? She tried not to insult him, smarty pants is a complement right? He said he used his mind.

    An unappreciative glair came from the wizard. “Quite fascinating really. If it wasn’t for Regina spotting it out we might have never found it. I believe she found the old Imperial Road. It would date back before the Great Winterdark. It could lead us past old imperial runes that could act as perfect hideouts.”

    “Yeah but it’s on the other side of the river and it doesn’t look like there’s a crossable section for miles. I suspect there could be one about a half day’s hike north.” Regina bolstered by the complement, provides information of the challenges.

    “It’s either that or go down to the Pheandar Bridge. But that’s another 2 days south, and it might not even be finished yet.” Gwion speaks up but quickly quiets down after a scornful glare from Regina signifying an “I didn’t give you perdition to talk” kind of look.

    “Well I guess tha’ means we’re goin’ campin’.” Kostan concludes.

    OOC
    Please excuse me filling in a bit for the character responses, wanted to get moving again. If there was anything else that anyone wanted to accomplish at this time go ahead and do that now.

    Go north or south? Or are you interested in trying something different?






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #23

    Default

    Regi scowled at the idea of camping let alone with Gwion ready to stab them in there sleep or eat some of her food. "I've changed my mind. I'm not going anywhere unless he's dead," she took a pregnant lull in her speech to give Gwion a glare the dare him to speak without permission again. "...Or someone's else's problem. Ax-"

    She forced herself to not add an "s" or two because apparently they were to be nice to each other or some nonsense. "You are a ranger no?" She turned her attention across the river at the untamed forest. "You can make a path through that yes? We'll give the traitor to the red one, go!" she shoved Gwion back toward the way he led them here before following behind him not giving him an opportunity to stop without another shove to urge him ahead again.

    "We can cross where we found him, the river is not too wide. Then you can lead us to the old roadddd...." she paused thinking she remembered something. Quickly she gave Gwion a healthy shove forward to put some distance between them as she first went for her scimitar, drew it defensively, and then went into the bag of colding. "Here..." She flapped some parchment at Axel, "will this help."

    This of course being a map of the local area, apparently drawn by the individual. Much of it is stained in blood, but some portions show areas not yet found. She did not offer up where she found such nor gave them impression it should be question.

    Handing it over she took back up the forced march to hand over the traitor, then back to the river bank where she'll take the guide rope handing Korak the other end with a, "Mean green, spot me." What? Mean green is nice!

    Well I guess if she fails to fight the current and he doesn't pull her back in we'll know for sure.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollswim - (d20+1) [13]

    Last edited by No Body; 05-08-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  4. #24

    Default

    Shock of icy cold hit as she took the first couple steps into the water, catching the barbarian off guard enough to almost let a yelp escape despite just in it. To be fair that was been the adrenalin - blood boiling hot. If Regi had noticed the tempeture at all it hadn't registered nearly as prominent and yet she only chortled and flung herself headlong into the current.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollswim check 2 - (d20+1) [8] Authentic Forum Dice-rollswim check 3 - (d20+1) [21]

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,322

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Regina pulls against the icy current and makes it half the way across when the icy waters begin to take its toll on her muscles. Her limbs begin to numb yet she fights on. The current pushes her closer to the far bank. Only a few more yards to go and she’ll be able to get close enough to the shore that she won’t be swept away.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #26

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollswim - (d20+1) [8]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,330
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    AFter the others have passed the river.. Mel takes a deep breath.. and with the aid of rope (if any.. He starts swimming)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSwim - (1d20) (6) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSwim - (1d20) (3) [3]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSwim - (1d20) (3) [3]

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,330
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Regina goes under water and Mel instincts kicks into action, dives into the ice cold water. It surrounds him but he has to ignore it and push the cold away.. His was focused on Regina.
    He attempt of saving Regina goes poorly as the water currents are to strong ..But his getting closer as she is still floating above the water.
    The current pulls him down under water and he hits a rock.. But he ignores the pain as a small wound opens in his arm, but thanks to being under water he could see Regina being tied to a rope as she slowly starting to being drawn down under the surface.
    Mel with some luck.. Push himself from the bottom and get close to Regina, gets hold of the rope attached to her. He quickly swims to the edge and with more luck..Finds a dead tree lying down.. He wraps the rope around the tree and starts pulling..
    Each muscles screams from being cold and tired from the fighting the current but he slowly pulls her in to shore.
    He checks her breath and he cant hear anything as he put his head against her chest. He panic's and looks around.. No one was there it was just him and her.
    He then remembers from the books in his aunts library about a Technic that a female pirate had used to save a man she loved from drowning.. It was quite the story.
    He put his hands together and place them on her chest and starts to press.. How many times did he do it in the book?.. One.. two.. three.. four..
    Then she put her mouth over his and blew air.. Just for a second Mel turns red.. He then shakes his head and leans down.. And open her mouth and copy what he read..
    He continues until Regina starts coughing and spits out the water that gathered in her lungs "I..I.. I did it!" He say in a triumph then quickly help Regina to sit up
    Last edited by Krivak; 05-23-2019 at 12:50 PM.

  9. #29

    Default

    Regina had regain consciousness beneath men before however never once had any celebrated so joyously over the conquest, though they very well should had in her opinion. Instinctively she checked her person; purse check, crotch check, wine... Check. Perfect, everything was more or less how she left it, which meant if it wasn't that, what exactly did Mel do? She remembered leaping in the water, cold as it was, fatigued as she had been, swimming across, and then....

    It dawned on a clash she jerked away reflexively out of reach and scrambled to her feet. Her already rich skin flushing a deep mahogany as she bared her teeth as if ready to lash out. Almost in the same moment she turned away, removed her tether and marched out into the thicket. Presumably to take out the frustration and complete embarrassment out on some unsuspecting friendly forest creature.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,322

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Kostan nervously watches wide eyed as the very athletic kuru woman nearly makes it across when she is dragged under by an undertow and the added weight of her now saturated cloak. “That dumb girl has gone and drowned herself.” He worriedly says. Mel quickly drops his pack filled with his book and other valuables at the dwarfs feet as he dashes forward to help save Regina.

    Dwarfs weren’t good swimmers. Tor’Ag forged them out of stone for goodness sake. Crossing the river wouldn’t have been Kostans first nor even his second choice, in fact it wouldn’t have been his last choice. Why hadn’t he spoken up. Maybe it was Axels argument about trying to race the clock for Gwion’s daughter. Well not that Regina and Menlaus were already on the far shore the team is committed, he’ll have to cross now.

    He begins bundling up the packs in order to attach them to the rope and hopefully keep them from fully submerging in the water. “Let’s send a the packs over with Axle and I when I cross. Korak I think you should pull up the rear.”



    As the gear was meticulously rigged up to be pulled across, Kostan just couldn’t remove the fear and nervousness of swimming from his gut. A small number of his knots were not as secure as he intended. When it came time for Kostan to cross, pulled himself along the rope hand over hand, his knuckles turning white the entire way across. Yet unfortunately with the consolidated weight of both the gear and of him, made it difficult for both sides of the team keep the rope taught between them as the resistance of he and the gear being dragged by the current.

    “Damnit all”. Kostan cursed as he checked the gear after finally making it across. The waxed canvas of the pack would have normally protected its contents, however he noticed a few pouches unsecured. He picks through the now damp and saturated contents. Fortunately it was only a few days of rations, a few damp pairs of clothes and Mel’s book had gotten wet; the pages only slightly swelled on the corners and edges. Luckily it’s not completely ruined, it just received its first marks of adventure.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 05-26-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •