Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 3: Into the Woods

Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

The phalanx of fairy spearmen halted and weighed their next decision very carefully.
    “Wait! What is it you demand?” One of them stepped forward attempting to parley in order to determine the terms for his queen’s release. Regina could feel the struggles of the freezing queen inside the bag. She may only last in there for another few minutes before Regina would regret her decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Better," she cooed riding her wave higher and higher, how terrible will that crash be. "Mean green... Get our things." she glance in the general direction of ground prompting an eye roll out of the monk. He wasn't even sure if his attempt to assist helped but while it seemed to be working he begrudgingly complied and collected the dropped treasures while Regi listed her demands.

"Did you know it was Regi you were stealing from?" as fine time as any to build her brand, "No... You are not stupid are you? But now you know Regi and you will not steal from her again. You know Regi's men... What is their's is Regi's and you will not steal from Regi again. Whatever Regi claims is Regi's and you will NOT steal from Regi again... " she spoke in roundabouts to let the queen struggle to make her guard just as desperate, to make it that much easier to be compliant. Finally the demand.

"In fact, if you wish to get on Regi's good side you will help Regi get what she has claimed." she said opening the bag and reaching in, "Gritznack's head."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Blog Entries

Love her? Did he? He had never felt love before.. only when he was a child before his mother was murdered. His heart pounded faster at the thought. Regina is a strong women.. That reminded him about the 'kiss'.. His cheek turns red and he is about to look up and reply to Hanna as he look into the Dryads eyes
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill - (1d20+4) (17) [21]
    The magic in her eyes had no effect on the boy and he replies "I.. I think I might Love her.. I dont think I would had it unless you had asked me"
    Mel grins.. "Thank you, but we have to hurry to find her" He looks at Hanna with a sturdy look "If you willing to help me that is"

((unless the save is to low then I will change what i said))
    Last edited by Krivak; 09-25-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Mel could see the disappointment flood across her face in the dim firelight though it was obvious that she was trying to hide it. “Oh of course.” She catches herself from the growing jealousy. “I shall ask if the trees have sensed your friends.” She strides over to one of the large pine trees and places her hands warmingly on the rough bark and begins to commune with the tree. “Good evening old friend. I am sorry to wake you. I have a question to ask of you. Have you or your fellow trees sensed other adventures nearby?” The tree’s bows hiss in the evening breeze as it answers back. “It will take some time for them to ask. The language of trees is not like yours and mine.” A few moments went by before they responded with an answer. “They said they have sensed others nearby in the woods.” She translates for Mel. “Now where are they?” She asks. The two of them heard a stronger rustling and creaking in the branches. After another moment Hanna was able to get an answer. “They may have found your friends. Two of them approach from where the sun sets, a heavy one and a light one. Another two, an angry one and a calm one, confront the guardians of the forest on the far slope of the hill on their sunny side.” Hanna patted the great pine’s bark in thanks. “Does it sound like these are your friends? Two of them are not far from here, just outside of my glen in fact. Another two are on the other side of that hill” she points southward in the dark. “I cannot go with you beyond the protection of my glen for long. But you shall not leave without a blessing.” She returns to her small alter to Daljnora and Oonagh-Gozreh. She grabs a bundle of herbs and other plants as well as a small bag. “It is dangerous here in the Fangwood Forest. Take nothing from the woods that is not freely given. Berries and dead wood are a bounty for any who tread, but if you glut yourself, the wood shall make its displeasure known. So here please take one of these. You may not be a Druid acolyte of Daljnora, or Oonagh-Gozreh but I sense the Mother of Dreams and the Green Guardian have great plans for you Mel.” She holds out the bundle of herbs. “These are rare herbs that when eaten grant special abilities for a short period of time, but when refined their full potential can be unlocked and they grant even more extraordinary abilities.” She then holds up the small sack and pours the contents onto her palm. Seeds of various sizes, shapes and colors spill out and catch the light of the small dancing alter flame. “These are seeds of wondrous plants that grow very quickly.” Then she looks again into Mel’s eyes. “The heart is like a great forest and love a fire. Left uncontrolled, it can do naught but destroy. Ignored, it will burn quickly and go out. Nurture that fire, and it will keep you warm when you need it most and the fire shall release seeds for the future.” She leans in and gives him a kiss on his cheek. “You must go now. Your friends are looking for you.”

OOC
    She offers Mel a bundle of herbs and other plants and a small bag of enchanted seeds. Which will he take?

As Regina reached her hand into the bag of colding a sharp pain shoots up from her finger as if it were sliced open by a razor. The fairy queen had used her fairy blade to exact her punishment before flying out. She would have quickly retaliated further but the freezing temperatures of the bag had drastically impeded her mobility and thought otherwise. Instead she fluttered over to her phalanx of fairy spears. “Are you alright your Majesty?” The phalanx leader asked his matriarch. “The human wishes to parley. She comes hunting and to claim the head of Gritznak.” He reiterated Regina’s demands.

“You come to hunt the Gnoll known as Gritznak. Is that so? Not to settle in my lands and destroy my forest? The queen asks for clarification.

Blog Entries

After thinking for a moment, Mel accept the seeds "Thank you for this wonderful gift, I will find the best use for them.. Hopefully if i get a garden growing i can make them grow" He grins..
    "I will be respectful to the forest, I learned alot just meeting you here.. and" He blush a little "If it wasn't for you I would not know my own feelings" When he gets the kiss on his cheek he almost could be mistaken by a strawberry
    "I would probably have fallen for you if i never meet Regina" He grins and turns to walk away.. Then stops in his tracks and look back "May I come back to visit you?" He ask..
    Then with a smile leaves the glade and dash towards his companions

"Today," she said with a casual shrug and slipped her split thumb in her mouth with all the careless nonchalance of the victor. It seemed Regi had decided she already won this contest. True or not Korak felt this conflict in jeopardy of escalating yet, especially with that word. Today.

Came to hunt... Today. Did not come to settle the lands or destroy the forest... Today. No guarantee for tomorrow, nor the next day or the next and so on unto the end. They were so close now, why did she have to press so damn hard on everything. Why not just say the right thing, just say what they want to hear, appease them.

"it is true." The monk jumped in hoping to salvage any damage the barbarian caused so far. Who's bright idea was it to put her in charge of diplomacy anyway? "We have come only for the gnoll, to rescue the girl he kidnapped, and to free this land of his tyranny. We've no desire to destroy this forest."

"keeyhhh!" the high pitch exclamation punctuated his words from behind. A strange bit of expression carrying a tone of exaggerate exasperation and disbelief to the point of comedy.

"Do you hear this man? All this talk about desire! Keeyhh" again the cry came but crumbled into a incredulous scoff of derision; it was comedy now. "Do not be fooled by the green of his skin, he does not belong more to this forest than any of those you mistake ME for."

"True it may be, this man has no desires." She sounded a little miffed, and the jab a bit personal with another pointed look to where she assumed must have been castration because she means... Look at her and he's completely uninterested? "He also has no power. And he does not speak for me nor the ones the ones he will save. I have not come just for it's head... I came for my rightful throne as the Kuru God Queen."

That was just it no one put her in charge, she took it upon herself because she had goals, desires and the courage nay recklessness to bare them and sheer stubbornness to strive for them no matter what. She was so unapologetically herself even when she wasn't sure who that was. Never once could Korak imagine her trying to appease, to fit in. Perhaps it was different when one didn't stick quite so far out.

Well no... That also was hard to imagine. Regina could definitely pass with a little effort, even these fey creatures had mistaken her for human. Then again humans and by extension even he had mistaken the luminous sprites as spirits. It was difficult in that moment, in all her brandished bravado to not find it all so stupid or pointless somehow. He had let the man's story affect him, to sway his emotions into action over what was quickly unraveling to appear little more than mischief and stubbornness.

"and with it I will rule the frontier, it'd be best now to make an ally out of me if you really wish to save your fores-" Gods was she still going? Korak sigh.

"Yes yes you will be the God queen of all." he said in a placating tone that clearly took the Kuru by surprise as she stopped talking and looked on dumbfounded as he continued. "Regina, as usual, speaks hertruth. She has her ambition and is clearly driven... So far I cannot say where they will lead and although there are many times like now in which I regret to m tying my fate to hers, not once since I've seen her in battle have I thought she wouldn't accomplish whatever she claims." Korak almost sounded distraught in that realization.

"Take that as you will, and you may take my things as well." he said but had so little it wasn't much a surprise to find none of it among the loot he had gather. "but if you do not wish to be align yourself with that... With Regina it would be best if you just avoided her. Her fury may be great but it swells and wades as the storm, it is best to let it pass and fruitless to face. Now let's go, you've cause plenty of trouble, we've yet still to catch up too the others, we've lost the young one looking for you already. "

Regi was at a complete loss, perhaps the most she's ever heard Korak say at once, it was all at the same time insulting and flattering. True perhaps only to her would such be a compliment but she was her so... She struggled how to respond until the end when she snapped. "Lost?!"

She snarled her well of fury threatening to over flow. "How?!" she demanded as if ready to attack her eyes back on the fairy queen as if she had something to do with it. "Chasing after you what else. You've no cause to anger at us we should make you search for him alone."

Korak missed the target a bit, assuming her anger was directed at him as if he misplaced her toy, but it was quelled too quickly once she realized he meant Mel was just missing not... But then again she didn't care about anything right so why would he think it was anger the possibility that any of them died?

Regina gave one last growl than stomped after Korak seemingly foregoing her ambitions of forming a contract to search for the wizard. "Why did you not just use the dogs," she complained, "must I do everything. Bandit. Here. Find the boy."
    Last edited by No Body; 10-13-2019 at 10:50 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

“God queen or not, you will be no such thing in this forest. You humans have so much anger and ambition that it clouds your judgement.” The fairy queen commented. “As for the claim of Gritznak, you may do so freely. The gnoll has been a nuisance to us as well. Take your things and go then. You may pass through the forest unmolested until the next full moon.” The queen proclaimed and her troop all nodded in recognition. “Dartaneon! We must return to the citadel.” She finished as she turned and fluttered off into the shadows of the forest.

Before Korak turned to follow Regina, the one called Dartaneon approached and gave a few final words. “I have never met an orc nor a human like you two. She seems more orc and you more human. You hunt Gritznak and I would gladly go with you, for he has killed many of my kinsmen but alas I cannot. I must remain with my queen. But what I can do is this.” From his satchel he produces a small silver whistle no bigger than a cherry stem. “Blow on this and I shall send a team of my best worriers. They will gladly aid you to avenge their fallen brethren and end Gritznak’s grip of terror on our forest.” He almost apprehensively hands over the whistle to Korak. An ancient distrust and hatred of orc kind has taken its toll on him throughout the centuries, yet some how he felt this one was different. “This girl that you set to rescue. Has not been the first. My scouts have reported seeing others from neighboring settlements have also been taken. We have been unsuccessful in finding where his lair hides. Something clouds our priest’s sight. They suspect the creature has stumbled upon something dark and ancient, left behind since before the great Winter Dark. Tread carefully.” He finishes before turning to trail the others off into the forest.

OOC

Korak has been given a tiny silver whistle. Blowing on the whistle opens a tiny portal and summons 1d3 fairies to your aid for 3 rounds. Functions as the Druid and Ranger 1st Lvl spell; Summon Nature’s Ally 1 except that the summoned creatures must be Sprites. One time use. But if used by a Druid or Ranger this can be used 1/day.

Sorry this was originally designed for Axel. Though since Dartaneon trusts him enough to gave it to Korak, I think I’ll add a progressively increasing (showing magic is wearing out) or (decreasing as showing progress of trust) Use Magic Device DC after the first time. What do you think?

With the help of Kostan’s trail of “bread crumbs” the two of them were easily able to meet up with the others. Which had already started making their way back towards the group of stones placed as a starting point. The stick and stones had nearly lost their light, only a faint glow remained.

Kostan and Axle were frustrated that their day had been extended and their sleep delayed due to Regina’s evening stroll. Thankfully for Mel’s peculiar story about a woman who stepped through trees and gave her a sack of seeds. It all sounded a fairytale to Kostan while Axle would have thought the same up until a month ago. A small smile bent his lips as he remembered when he told his wife his own fairytale when he met Flick. Luckily it was dark out, it hid the tears that ran down his cheeks as his happy memories will now forever be haunted by his worst.

Axle’s national ability to track and remember simple landmarks the others would never have been able to think about let alone remember got them all back to their camp sight. The fire now all snuffed out, safety with campfires was a very important lesson Axle learned from his mentor. But he also knew how to save some coals so they could have easily put get a fire going by placing some smoldering peat or dung into a cockpot or other container. His forward thinking helped them get their fire back to warm them through the night. The evening would only get colder and coldest just before dawn for only a few more weeks as the spring warmed. Axle offered to take first watch as he continued to coax the fire back.

Kostan offered to take the last as he would need a night of uninterrupted rest to recover his spent energy that Tor’ag had granted him. He preferred to rise early and conduct his morning prayers and devotional, which he was very grateful for Regina and Korak to recover his prayer book for him. He offered if any of the others would like to join him.

OOC
    Does anyone have anything they would like to do or say before they go to bed, during the night, or during their watch shift?

I won’t be doing another chance encounter as that already happened with the fairies. If not I’ll pick back up in the morning with Kostan.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 10-21-2019 at 07:49 AM.

“Good mornin’!” Kostan cheerily wakens the others from their slumber as the sun beamed through the Fangwood. The cold spring air causing each of them to move just a bit slower than they had the day before. Last nights escapade didn’t help matters. “I figured everyone would be a bit groggy this mornin’ from last nights evenin’ hike so I’ve put my last bit of coffee on the ambers. I also found a nearby beehive so I thought I’ll get us some honey for our biscuits, cheese and salted pork.” The others see a welcoming breakfast spread and a few new welts on the dwarfs cheek. He must have been stung a time or two, or he might have had more if it wasn’t for how cold it was this morning or for him smelling heavily of smoke. It was obvious that he had done this before.

“Honey isn’t just good on biscuits. It works nicely as an antiseptic for wounds.” He grabs a secondary jar that he had placed into his aid bag. “Which reminds me. How are your wounds you three?” He asks The group. Referring to Regina, Korak and Axel, all of whom have taken some kind of nasty wound from the wolves or the goblin’s and their rusty blades.

OOC
    How did everyone sleep?
    Shall we continue?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast