Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 129

Thread: Chapter 3: Into the Woods

  1. #101

    Default

    As the fire flashed and burned yet, it's searing glow of immolated fey cut a striking silhouette out of the looming lithe figure. From thigh up Regina was little more than radiating shadow, yet she no longer vibrated from battle fury yet something far more sinister. The barbarian's expression was obscured by the darkness, save those burning red eyes, and the slow exhale only added to the mystery off just what kind of face she was making.

    The telltale rattle of rummage emerged, the clack of more flask drawn from the bag. The precious seconds Regi had to grab something and flee were wasted and only regret ever being curious remained as she looked down. Flickering fire light bounced off the white toothy sharks grin. They could take a punch and a bite but fire... Regi had a lot of fire.

    "Oh... You done goofed." She assured with a smile. Why take one when you can have them all... And maybe just maybe intimidate some fey into if not helping you mess with a pack of wayward mutts at least leave you and your employees unmolested as you pass.
    Last edited by No Body; 08-11-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    A large number of the fairies pick themselves off the forest floor, their wings slightly curled and bodies red and blackened from the blast of flames. Others dropped to help their fallen brethren while the remaining few aimed their bows and spears toward the crouching Kuru. They both must choose their next acts carefully. One more act in the wrong direction could cause for more than minor wounds to be delivered.

    “Halt! That is enough!” A commanding female voice is heard from the nearby darkness.

    OOC:

    Regina is being spell commanded to halt by some mysterious woman in the darkness. Should you choose to resist I’ll need a will save, if you’ll comply she cannot take any action for the next round. She could instead make a perception check to see where the voice came from.

    Korak will arrive on the next round after Regina approaching from behind her
    (turns: Regina, Faeries, Female voice, Regina, Korak)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #103

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollwill save - (d20+1) [9]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    The female voice emanated power and demanded all activity halted. Regina attempted to resist but instead was forced to comply and remained still for a moment longer.

    “I will not have my people or my forest burned by you foolish humans and your destructive creations.” The owner of the voice came into view from Regina’s periphery. She resembled the others yet instead of leafy armor, her long flowing gown floated around her as if it were weightless. Her larger wings fluttered effortlessly while her skin glistened with opalescence.

    “Tell me Human, why are you here in my forest? Have you come to settle like the others? For if you do I cannot allow that.” The noble Fey fluttered to the space between Regina and her fallen warriors. “Think carefully human before you do something rash.”

    The other faeries had collected themselves into formation to either side of their queen and awaited further orders.

    OOC
    Back to you Regina. What will you do? You may act now.

    Korak is up next.

    I’ll get Axle and Kostan moving towards Mel. That is unless Axle wants to meet a Fey Queen. Remember Kostan can leave a short term (20min) trail of glowing stones.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #105

    Default

    "Out of the way animal." They say children are cruel, but that really isn't true is it? Children reflect cruelty, mindless little mimics merely repeating what they heard an adult say once. Absorbing and conflating what adult's have the wherewithal to whisper behind backs to the tragic logical conclusion. The shove came from his forearm, a full head taller than the ruddy new arrival, his shoulder just couldn't reach hers. And yet still even the choir boy was a bit surprised in just how effective it was. She was but a slight thing after all, just skin and bones while he was just hitting his growth spurt soon to be a full teenager.

    She stumbled into the dirt onto her hands and knees, still not use to the shoes and robe the nuns dressed her in, while the other children stood by silently... Fearful. It was the friend that cut the tension with a point and a laugh, "ha, now she looks like a real animal. You should just stay like that instead of trying to walk like a human-AHHHHH!"

    The adolescent shrill sent the bystanders off running and screaming for they're lives. You would think some great terror was let loose in the orphanage's courtyard, not just some pint size feral Regi.

    She had leap at the friend, the smaller of the two, mostly because he was the closer having stepped up to point and laugh. All that learned cruelty, it would have served him better if they learned how to fight. Pushes and shoves worked fine in getting you into one, but did little for when little ball of teeth and fury latched on and won't let go.

    Blood stained the white robes of the friend while fear stained the shovers yellow. He would be next, if it weren't for, "Halt!"

    The nun came running crying children pointing behind her. Something divine in her voice startled the Kuru, and then it came again "Halt!" and Regi was unable to move and had her victims torn from her. Ay victims, not attackers, she was the animal after all. All the children feared her, told she attacked, was killing, eating the boy like some monster, beast, savage... Inhuman.

    "Halt! That is enough." it came again, decades later but still as potent triggering such pointless memories. Yes... Pointless. Once the power of the spell faded Regina blinked away what could have been misinterpreted as the makings of a tear and shook her head slightly to regain composure.

    "huma-" meekly the woman muttered into the either "I am no..." she hesitated. She was alone, facing down many with one glaringly decisive trauma staring her down. Her rashness brought her here but trusted nothing else in herself to get her out. She scowled with a shake of her head, teeth bare already gritting against what was to come, "Regi is foolish Kuru! " she growled lifting the flask loft but before it could come down it was snatched and yanked from behind.

    "Regina, you - " Korak snapped angrily, but his lecture was cut short at the sight of the glowing lights the gambler warned him of. They were real, his eyes widened at the sight as he attempted to recall Ifron's words. But instinct and training took over before his brain could piece everything together. "Run," he tugged Regina him by her arm and took a defensive stance between the two queens. "follow my trail back to the others I'll hold them off. Do not come back for me, make sure you save that girl."
    Last edited by No Body; 08-24-2019 at 08:10 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Kostan looked up at Axel. “Well I suppose we could leave a marker here for ‘em so they could follow. Korak’s a smart lad, he should be able to fine his way back here atleast. I just need, ah here we are.” The dwarf places a series of rocks and sticks in an arrow towards the direction they must follow to where Mel has gone to. Placing his hands on the sticks and stones, he mutters a prayer to Tor’ag and they begin to light up like a beacon for Korak and Regina. He gathers up a pouch of other small stones to leave a trail.
    “I just hope he hasn’t fallen into a pit trap and gotten himself hurt.”

    The two of them head off through the woods slowly and carefully tracking where the new member wondered off. Broken branches and disturbed ground allowed Axle to track him to a grove of thick brambles before the tracks disappear into the brambles.

    “Well now what?” Kostan asks after dropping another glowing stone. “That’s about all I have left for glowing stones lad.” The dwarf holds out his mace as a torch high overhead so not to disturb his night vision. “D’ya thing he went in there did’e? He’d be foolish te think he could get out of there.”

    “He must have been running from something.” Axle recalls a time when he was younger, he got a bit too close to some wild boars. He only had his bow and no spear. There was not a branch low enough on any of the nearby trees so he ran and the closest thing to safety was into a thicket of thorny blackberry vines. It took forever to climb out of there. Both he and his clothes were torn. It had looked like he tried to hold one of the barn kittens again, but this time it was the whole litter. His mother was furious but she softened her mood and smiled when he showed her all the blackberries he had brought her. Ebour began teaching him later that month.

    “No not from. Towards.” With kostans night vision he was able to make out two figures in the center of a clearing near a very small fire. “I think he’s in there with someone.”

    ***

    The fairy guard raised their bows and spears toward the new arrival who interceded yet the queen and her guard did not try to intercept the Kuru as she was forced back and told to flee. Yet they too were surprised by the sight of an orc helping a human. There was something unique about him however. His features were less orcishly defined. He was muscular but less so, instead his muscles were trained for speed and precision rather than brute strength. He wore clothes not seen worn by those of the Ironfang Legion. “Why does an orc help this human?” The fairy queen wondered. Yet that mattered not, Orcs were just as bad as humans if not worse, especially if they were of the northern or eastern clans like the Iron Fangs which she and her colony have had multiple territorial encounters as of late. An orc in her territory will not be tolerated.

    “Let the human go but do not let this one escape!” She commanded, pointing at Korak.

    OOC

    Sorry for the delay. You threw a curveball on me and had to totally change the Fairy Queen’s response.

    Is this an attempt to pass of Korak? Or would we like to continue him? We haven’t had much contact with Skel lately. NoBody you’re more than welcome to continue to pilot him for now but I’ve also noticed you’ve picked up a couple other games since we’ve started so your call.

    Skel- if your still with us, please post so we know you’re able to pilot Korak and kick some but.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 09-09-2019 at 08:04 PM.

  7. #107

    Default

    "Go!" Korak snapped again, not turning his eyes away from the fairies. They had decided to target him which was the plan he supposed but now that it came to it he cursed himself. He knew she was nothing but trouble and now head have fight spirits that vanished people. Alone! Well perhaps Regi would stay and fight by his side and-

    Thud-thud-crack. Regi footfalls as she took off in the opposite direction teased the monk and his optimistic naivety. He sighed and steeled himself, unsure what fist could do to spirits he resolved himself to find out. "Guide me master," he may have been far away but his teachings were still here, deep inside. Korak knew only they could be trusted in now.

    Click-click. Thudthudthudthud, even faster than they left the footfalls returned. See this is why Kostan was springboard, she needed a full running start to alight off Korak's back, flip in the air, over the fairies, with the bag of colding open swinging it like a butterfly net in her attempt to kidnap the queen using the same tactic they had only just used on her.

    "Number one, Regi does not run from a fight!" she shouted her complaint as she soared through the air which... Probably wasn't exactly true. She's ran from a lot of fights, she was in the frontier because she was technically running from a fight. The catch being it was a fight she had no hope in winning. The full might of a barony, she considered herself a goddess but even she had limits. For now. She'd etch out her own kingdom here and then go back and finish the fight after all, but that was the point. Sure she seemed all force and fury, but she could be just as sly and underhanded in a fight.

    Korak provided a distraction which gave Regi a moment to clear her mind. Loose her instincts and truly evaluate their predicament. Psychically the fairies posed little threat thus far but if they were to use that magic on her... That was enough to send her running now that she wasn't cornered. But... She didn't know if all of them could use it, and they seemed to be taking orders from the one that had which smelled of risk and opportunity. Besides if she went back without the monk she'd never hear the end of it, if not just be dragged out here again looking for him. Hell he was here for her, she assumed that wasn't his idea.

    So one chance, end the fight, take out the leader, make the minions capitulated to her demands. They're stuff back and maybe some ransom. Give the queen back and go.

    Ooc
    No, not really. I had hoped calmer heads and all that. Putting Korak between the two maybe there could be a understanding since he wouldn't just attack like Regi but oh well.

    Also Regi is not the type to be saved so willingly, not by Korak anyway. Makes him seem like he's the better stronger person which I mean he is but... Lol. But no, I don't think the group could continue if we lost Korak like that. Too suspicious. Too unforgivable even if they did buy he sacrificed himself for her and she just let him. After everything? I'd have to roll up a new character or pick up Kostan. Besides it's a good idea to get the group trust and cohesion up before the big fight, even if we come up with some more palpable way of pass Korak before it.
    Last edited by No Body; 09-23-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Swoosh

    Regina swiped the bag of colding over top of the fairy queen and landed with a roll opposite Korak. The whole thing caught everyone with surprise and unable to act. The fairy guard immediately changed their target and were prepared to free their queen. The six with spears farted forward and the three with bows took aim.

    OOC

    Wow that was a total surprise. Good move!
    You will have one round to react before the fairies reach you and will most assuredly hold nothing back. I’m sure you plan to threaten and ransom, good plan. If so I’ll need a diplomacy or Intimidation check

    Just in case combat initiates, I’ll put them in 3 groups of three (two spear troops and one archery troop) to make it easier. Each troop will only attack once but with +3 to attack and damage (reducing as HP is reduced) to account as the group but will have a combined HP like mini swarms.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Quote Originally Posted by Krivak View Post
    Mel takes hold of the pedant and look at it "It was a gift..From a druid called Amanda.. " He thinks for a moment.. "Maybe the pedant let me threw here.. But no i'm not an acolyte, i'm a wizard.. I'm a specialist in nature.. And i'm very found of taking care of herbs and use them to help others"

    He quickly adds "But I never take more then I need.. And i always try to avoid picking the saplings"
    “The Star of Daljnora, does grant protection against evil and guidance to her followers. Oonagh-Gozreh, The Wind and the Rain, The Earth and Sky loves dearly the followers of Daljnora, Queen of the Heavens and Mother of Dreams. The Fey are her children who watch over and steward Oonagh-Gozreh’s creation.” She comments as she turns to go back to the alter. “That is what I am doing now. The tall pine trees require the heat of fire to open their cones so they can spread their seeds, but often at the sacrifice of the parent. Fire can often be destructive and dangerous, yet can also give live and warmth.” She adds as she begins to see a slight shiver in the boy’s body as the cool darkness saps his warmth.

    She takes one of the pinecones and holds it over the fire as if to roast it. The resin in the cone sizzles as the scales begin to heat and dehydrate. Soon it pops open but in a controlled manner as it heats up slowly. If it were to open in a forest fire the seeds would scatter in all different directions. She taps the cone on her palm and a half dozen seeds tumble out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krivak View Post
    "The girl was kidnapped by a group of goblins.. " Mel replies with a worried voice..

    "And my group had set camp when our friend got lost.. She is a big women.. Its hard not to notice her when shes around.. She is a very strong willed women .. With eyes red as fire"

    He gets lost for a moment and continues "Her skin is dark and her hair black as a crows feather" He is reminded of the moment he was able to pull her out of the water.. The strong women was helpless in his arms and how their lips meet when he saved her.

    His cheek turns red once more "I hope she is ok, even though she is so strong.. She has a few weak spots" He grins. " Maybe the tree's or animals in the forest would know where she is?" He asks.
    Hanna sees the emotions play on Mel’s heart as he continues. She longs to have someone share affections for her as Mel does for this woman. “Do you love this dark woman?” She asks with an innocent but envious curiosity. Her large dark eyes reflecting the small alter fire. To Mel they resembled Regina’s eyes holding fire of their own, but in Hanna’s eyes the fire danced and tempt to hypnotize him.

    OOC
    Dryads are volatile and jealous individuals. She is envious of your affection towards Regina. Though innocently as it may be she’s attempting to charm and woo you.

    Please role a Will Save.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 09-20-2019 at 05:09 PM.

  10. #110

    Default

    "Two!" she continues as the fey shift as if to encroach. "Regi will kill your queen if you come any closer."

    "Regina..." Korak scowled, the large imposing orc took note of their predicament and allowed himself to seemingly be cowed by her withering glare. "poor fools, there's really no reasoning with you... Do you wish to go to war with the forest spirits as well, have you not your fill of wonton murder yet. First the band of gnolls, then goblins..."

    She was so easy to read, that sharks grin stretching with the 'praise'. The monk heaped on her. But that only made her that much more terrifying.

    Korak Authentic Forum Dice-rollaid another - (d20) [6]

    Regina Authentic Forum Dice-rollintimidate - (d20+6) [12]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •