Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 129

Thread: Chapter 3: Into the Woods

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Kostan notices that Mel has also gone missing and informed the others to their further frustration. Now there are two members missing, this mission is not starting off on a good foot. Just when he thought the night couldn’t get any worse and had to make a choice of who to search for first, off in the distance Regina’s shouts for her bag could be heard. He detected the shouts coming from further eastward into the forest. Yet he also found faint tracks of where Mel potentially left the group. Further more, there isn’t much time left on their torches.

    OOC
    So group, What do you want to do?
    You can help Regina or Mel.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,334
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    The beautiful women in front of Mel enchanted him.. When he notice his staring he quickly looks away.. Torn with a guilt for some reason.
    "I'm.. Looking for my Companions .. " He looks up at the women once more.. "H..Have we meet?.. I get.. A feeling I seen you before"
    He takes a half step towards her and raise a hand.. he wanted to touch her.. But realizing what he was doing he stopped "I .. I read about you in one of my aunts books.." He move his free willed hand over his chest "You are a dryad.. are you not?" once more his brain was slower then his actions ..

  3. #93

    Default

    Axle looks to Korak. "You should be able to find Miss Thorn without me." he says urgently, indicating the direction of the shouting. "Take Kostan with you, in case she's not just arguing with a tree."
    He sighes "I'll look for the lad. I should have kept a closer eye on him and probably have the better chance of finding him. If the torches go out, it might be better to stay where you are if it's safe and find each other in the morning."

    Axle looks off towards the distant shouting, at his fading torchlight and then back to Kotak. "Be safe." He quickly stoops, holding the light close to the ground and begins tracing Menlaus' trail.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurvival - ( 1d20+8 ) [23] (included +1 class feat :Tracking)

  4. #94

    Default

    A sliver of clarity shocked into the pith of mindless rage by the sting of ice and cold. What was once white hot anger now all before the barabarian's eyes a black inky void that stretched endlessly all around. Is this death? The thought barely finished before the snare of vines creeping up Regina's shin dismissed it. She reached for her head yet only found the bag.

    The confusion was outweighed by instinct to survive, so she didn't think of the implications, instead she thought of fire.

    A snap echoed through the trees aa the vines coiled around Regi were ripped from the ground. Her arms swung down in a streaking arch revealing a sharks grin full of alchemist fire.

    "Kutomba mbali," she growled through clenched teeth before before tossing her head back and letting go of the flask. As the alchemist fire tumbled upward, the lithe Kuru followed through and tumbled backwards away from the soon to be splash zone. One hand reached back over head, planted solidly to spring her around again, and again she flipped backward and spun with a gold medal floor routine.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollacrobatics - (d20+15) [25] tumble check to avoid aoo's with daredevil boots bonus moves full speed away

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollalchemist fire - (d20+8) [27] vs touch AC if tumble is successful +1 to attack from boots

    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d6) [3] fire, every creature within 5ft take 1 fire damage
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  5. #95

    Default

    "You can't see in the dark and your torch will be out soon..." Korak refused. Certainly one could understand how the seeming reluctance could be inferred as a personal accord however assuredly it mostly wasn't... Mostly. They were already down two, the wise decision to stick together. "I'm sure whatever she got herself into..." Again he paused at an impasse, on one hand this was all Regina's fault anyway on the other... Well her yell certainly didn't sound like it was for joy. "I'll go. You both find Mel." Said with an open heavy sigh before turning toward the scream and rushing purposely breaking branches at eye level to guide him back in a hurry.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    “There are more of you? Do you come to settle here?” She questions with a worried look. Her kind was nearly wiped out during the Great Winterdark. Their groves actively sought out and destroyed by agents of the Horned One to make their war machines. Only recently have her kind been able to slowly recover since the end of the war nearly six decades ago. Now her sisters are being innocently slaughtered by the settlers repeatedly, as their settlements increasingly needed wood for their dwellings, commerce and cook fires. Luckily for her and her sisters It is the conflict with the Orcs that slow their progress further into these older groves, yet she has no love for the creatures, being ancient foes of ones other. It has only been a convenience that is why she comes to her shrine to Dalnjora and Oonagh every mooncycle to honor their union and pray for guidance and protection. Mel could see a beautiful seven pointed star made of intricately woven hazel twigs, itself a beautiful representation of the union between Oonagh and Daljnora. It appeared to still sprout and show new growth when she stepped nearer.

    “Yes, I am a daughter of the forest. You are smart to discern such things. Are you a druid?” She smiles and affirms the young wizards guess. Her voice sounding soft and sweet as honey. It was then when he remembered where she had seen her. He had since then put it off as a daydream when he was just a lad of 13 or so. He had been instructed by his aunt to venture out and gather herbs, roots and other things she needed for her magic that she couldn’t grow in her garden. He had stumbled upon her gawking at her beauty in his prepubescents like a fool. She was singing to the plants encouraging them to grow and bloom. She was shepherdess to the flora and fauna of the forest. He had returned to tell his aunt about her, but she continued to be uninterested and more occupied with her spells. He since then was more than willing to forage for any item his aunt needed from the forest just so he could get another chance to see her. Yet it never happened. He began to believe his aunt and put it off as a trick played by dehydration and that of a daydream by a boy eager to be away from his aunts less than motherly love and play with someone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 07-31-2019 at 12:29 PM.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,334
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Mel shakes his head and quickly replies the first question " no we are here to rescue a girl after being kidnapped.. “..he blushes a little and coughs behind his hand to cover his burning cheeks" No I'm not a druid.. But I almost wish I were and.. Maybe you would talked to me the first time I saw you.. “ he removes his hand and look straight at the dryad "I remember.. You.. I were only a young boy.. But I can still hear your beautiful singing.. And how everything around you danced as it grew bigger“ he grins a little of the memory.. He then bows deeply “I'm Menlaus shepi.. They call me Mel.. May.. I ask for your name? " ending his bow he moves his hand back of his head.. Worried she might feel offended

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    “Oh no!” She gasps who would take a little girl?” Her face and eyes widen in worry. She enjoyed children, as they enjoyed exploring and playing in the woods like she did, unlike the adults who would rather clear the wilderness for their villages and roads.

    “Well if you are not a druid than why do you wear the Star of Daljnora?” She notices and points to the pendant he wears around his neck given to him by Amanda the true druid and ambassador of the fey that surround Malforten. “Perhaps a druid acolyte than? That must be how you were allowed to pass into my grove unhindered.

    She smiles and giggles at Mel’s blushing. “It is nice to meet you Menlaus Shepi, known as Mel. I am Ewi’ ah’ hnana, I guess you could call me Hanna.” Her eyes glistened as golden orbs of amber behind her long eyelashes as they fluttered. “How can I help you find your companions and save this girl?”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Quote Originally Posted by No Body View Post
    A sliver of clarity shocked into the pith of mindless rage by the sting of ice and cold. What was once white hot anger now all before the barabarian's eyes a black inky void that stretched endlessly all around. Is this death? The thought barely finished before the snare of vines creeping up Regina's shin dismissed it. She reached for her head yet only found the bag.

    The confusion was outweighed by instinct to survive, so she didn't think of the implications, instead she thought of fire.

    A snap echoed through the trees aa the vines coiled around Regi were ripped from the ground. Her arms swung down in a streaking arch revealing a sharks grin full of alchemist fire.

    "Kutomba mbali," she growled through clenched teeth before before tossing her head back and letting go of the flask. As the alchemist fire tumbled upward, the lithe Kuru followed through and tumbled backwards away from the soon to be splash zone. One hand reached back over head, planted solidly to spring her around again, and again she flipped backward and spun with a gold medal floor routine.

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+4) [15] tumble check to avoid aoo's with daredevil boots bonus moves full speed away

    [roll1] vs touch AC if tumble is successful +1 to attack from boots

    [roll2] fire, every creature within 5ft take 1 fire damage
    Regina cartwheeled backward tossing an alchemist’s fire upward as she bent backwards, vines tearing at her legs as she kicked and flipped. In a burst of flame the vines withered and smoldered as the flammable liquid quickly coated everything and flashed in an intense heat. The dozen or so fairy warriors that swarmed around her were singed and dropped to the forest floor in a brief moment of pain. Their fey bodies were surprisingly resistant to many forms of damage, yet flames were not one of them. Yet they were not destroyed, only temporarily grounded. That provided Regina only a second to react she only have enough time to grab two of the four items she had seen them carrying; her bag, Kostan’s holy book of prayers, Axles tinderbox, and Mel’s book of spells. Yet if she tried to grab the others she risked them swarming her again.

    Korak sees a flash of fire through the trees just fifty yards ahead. His night vision aiding him as he dashed through the trees. His orcish eyes allowed him to more easily see the moonlight reflecting off the trees and stones than his human companions. He bounded through a silvery landscape to get closer and find out what she had gotten herself into.

    Kostan and Axle are left there standing as Korak blitzes past them to force the decision. Regina’s shouts were just about a hundred yards away they could attempt to go after and aid Regina and Korak then try to reorient themselves and try to find the tracks again in the night unless there was some way to leave a marker hear to more easily find it. “What shall we do lad?” Kostan asks his ranger companion as he’s the one to better guid them through the wilderness. “I can leave a trail of stone lights ta light the way but they’ll only illuminate for ‘bout twenty minutes.”

    OOC
    What shall Regina do? What items shall she grab they are all within 20ft of each other but they are all separated and it would take time dashing around the clearing to get them. I’ll say she could be able to get two without a problem, but if she tried for a third there will be an attack of opportunity as she grasps the third but could dash away.

    I know exactly what Regina is going through. I own a bee hive and just had the unfortunate event of getting swarmed.


    Korak you’ll be there next round.

    Axle, and Kostan- shall we go after or go for Mel? Kostan can easily leave a glowing trail of lights but it’s only for a short period. He can leave the trail from their spot to Regina and hope to make it back in time or leave a trail for Korak to find as they look for Mel. They only have a second to possibly shout a message to communicate that they had chosen the latter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,334
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Mel takes hold of the pedant and look at it "It was a gift..From a druid called Amanda.. " He thinks for a moment.. "Maybe the pedant let me threw here.. But no i'm not a acolyte, i'm a wizard.. I'm specialist in nature.. And i'm very found of taking care of herbs and use them to help others"
    He quickly adds "But I never take more then I need.. And i always try to avoid picking the saplings"
    "The girl was kidnapped by a group of goblins.. " Mel replies with a worried voice.. "And my group had set camp when our friend got lost.. She is a big women.. Its hard not to notice her when shes around.. She is a very strong willed women .. With eyes red as fire"
    He get lost for a moment and continue "Her skin is dark and her hair black as a crows feather" He is reminded of the moment he was able to pull her out of the water.. The strong women helpless in his arms and how their lips meet when he saved her.
    His cheek turns red once more "I hope she is ok, even thought she is so strong.. She has a few weak spots" He grins. " Maybe the tree's or animals in the forest would know where she is?" He asks

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •