Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 129

Thread: Chapter 3: Into the Woods

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    The group uses their two hours to rest and dry and share in some rations as the sun reaches its zenith. Kostan was very thankful for his new and dry set of clothes. To help he passed out the other clothes that Regina had serendipitously purchased for Korak and Axle. Unfortunately there were no extra clothes for her or the timid wizard. However she actually preferred to be covered in less clothes. Mel’s clothes did end up drying yet slower as he gathered fuel for the fire.

    Axel got his barring pointed the group towards the direction of the path of the Old Imperial Road. The azure sky began to slowly fill with clouds as the afternoon passed, which should help keep the night warmer than it has been.

    After a few hours into their hike, sounds of a bird shrieking and the violent flapping of wings can be heard coming from the canopy above out of sight. It sounds as if some predator is attacking one or more birds.

    OOC

    Axel make a Perception check please.

    Are we going to continue the normal marching order of Axel up front, followed by Korak & Regina in the middle with Bandit the cattle dog and Mel & Kostan in the rear with Tozer the Sheep/work dog and gear?

    Go ahead and post if you have anything you want to do or say during the afternoon’s hike. Tomorrow I’ll post the evening and set up camp. You’ll reach the road a whole day ahead of the other route if you would have gone north instead. The risk payed off. Don’t worry about taking your time, this will give the other chapter folks a chance to post and get us a pit closer to the main encounter with everyone.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 06-13-2019 at 07:38 PM.

  2. #42

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - ( 1d20+7 ) [19]

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    As the afternoon progressed, Axel periodically caught glimpses of what he first thought to be dragonflies off in the distance. But then it occurred to him that dragonflies tend to stay near bodies of water. They hadn’t come across any since they left the river so dragonflies increasingly became more unlikely. Whenever he did see them, they always seemed to keep their distance, and never seemed to drift closer to or past either him or the group, and certainly never close enough to get a better look at one of them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #44

    Default

    Regi was quiet and mostly obedient through out the hike although she looked terribly miserable for it. She kept her eyes forward, didn't willfully provoke, agitate nor flirt... Well what she called flirting anyway. And to top it all off, Regina Thorne, despite the bottle at her hip, was completely sober.

    It was horrible. Still she kept her hands to herself and resisted the urge to pounce the smug monk next to her. Smug? Projecting and behaving herself were two vastly different things, so yes smug. And haughty and oh so look at me I didn't almost drown crossing the river, I'm so big and strong, let's wrestle...

    Thare was a slight twitch of the left eye, the monotony was getting to her and her instincts were trying to get her into trouble. Thus the uptick in pace just to pull away a bit from temptation but being all alone wasn't much better-

    As the thought crept by Regi noticed bandit at her heel, obediently following as well. Surely it was just doing what it was trained to do but Regina couldn't help but feel it a bit of a victory over Korak. The hound picked her over him, "good mutt." She muttered under her breath after carving a bit of jerky for him.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAnimal handling - (d20+1) [3]

    Perhaps she didn't have enough sweetness in her voice, or authority... Or perhaps the dog was perfectly trained to not be distracted by scraps or respond to being called a mutt. Whatever the reason being resoundingly ignored by a dog didn't help Regina's mood, whom grumbled and chucked the bit of dried meat into the thicket and pushed on in silenced
    Last edited by No Body; 06-14-2019 at 01:57 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  5. #45

    Default

    Axle walks only a few paces ahead of the group. It's not enough distance to be able to give much warning as a scout but it's close enough for him to direct everyone along the easiest routes so they can keep up a good pace. The thought that the knolls have the farmer's daughter as a hostage has him pretty hot inside and he keeps pressing the pace through the afternoon.

    After a few sightings of what he at first thought were dragonflies, Axle realises that this is not very probable. He drops back to the rest of the group, "I think we're being watched." His tone suggests that he is sharing this merely as an interesting fact rather than any cause for concern. They are after all only guests in these woods. He doesn't make eye contact with anyone as he speaks but keeps his eyes fixed on one spot straining to pick up the slightest movement in his vision. "Don't know what yet. No tracks. Multiple I think, or if alone then something that wishes to appear multiple."

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    The clouds continued to fill the sky and bring in a breeze from the north. The sounds of chittering chipmunks and squirrels fade as they begin to bed down for the night. Axle expertly started a fire to not only keep warm during the early spring nights but also to keep what forest wildlife prowled in these woods away from getting curious about their camp.

    Kostan handed the cooking off to the initiate of the group. Hopefully his cooking is as good as his tea. Instead Kostan and Korak set up some makeshift bivouac tents just Incase it decided to rain tonight. “Regina maybe you could help the lad prepare some supper while we finish the tents.”

    “What do you think is up with her?” Korak asked Kostan under his breath as he tied down a corner.

    ”I think she’s a bit worked up about nearly drowning. She and Mel didn’t see eye to eye at the start but I think she’s coming around after knowing what he did for her. He’s a brave young lad.” Kostan answered.

    ”That maybe so, but he’s still a bit wet behind the ears. There’s also something about him. I’m not sure what it is but there’s something I don’t like.” Korak confesses.

    ”Why do you say that? Sure he’s young but he did alright back there by the river fighting off those gobs.” The cleric defends the young wizard.

    The monk continues to confess in his lower tone so the others wouldn’t hear”Now you see, that just it. It must have been something he said with his magic or something.”

    ”What do you mean? What happened?”

    ”When he came out of the brush and confronted that wolf, don’t get me wrong that took balls to do what he did, but it was what he did afterwards when he caused the wolf to cower and back away.” Korak elaborated. Yet Kostan’s face showed that he wasn’t quite understanding what Korak was trying to say. ”It was what he said. Those words he spoke. They didn’t sound like anything I’ve ever herd of. The words themselves seemed to suck the courage right out of the wolf. I could almost feel it too. They sounded dark, evil almost.”

    ”Hmmm, I see. I wasn’t there to see what happened, but what you’re explaining sounds like a power that I’ve only heard of. It was the cause for the decline and fall of the great Dwarven Kingdom in this area. They unfortunately shifted their worship from Tor’ag to his fallen brother, Droskar. They took less pride in the quality of their work and more in how many they could make. Eventually the term “Dwarven Made” became more commonplace and worthless.
    Fortunately my ancestors survived the cull of Tor’ag followers and have worked very hard to reestablish the meaning of “Dwarven Made.”
    Kostan went on one of his history lessons again. “I’ll talk with the lad.”

    ”I just hope the kid knows what he’s doing and doesn’t get into something he can’t handle, or even worse, something that we can’t handle.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 06-24-2019 at 03:23 AM.

  7. #47

    Default

    The beginnings of a glare shifted to the treeline before it could fully set. She despised being told you cook, clean, or satisfy the most, although to be absolutely fair she despised being told to do anything at all. Yet to be even more fair than that, Kostan didn't tell her to do anything only asked if maybe. Still she did not like it and had a few choice complaints about it her 'best behavior' didn't allot for. Thus the hard glare at a tree and heavy huff later she walked up to the wizard and stood idly just off to his side in silence.

    Five seconds, ten seconds, twenty- "Need help?" She finally grumbled under her breath but didn't pause for an answer. "No? Ok I'll go kill something-" she tried to escaspe with a I'll go hunting gambit.
    Last edited by No Body; 06-21-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Regina meandered off as she has been showing a habit of doing, the sun makes its final descent behind the great lone volcanic peak of Droskar’s Crag and the distant Mindspin Mountains. It’s glancing light on the clouds above gave the appearance as if the Crag was preparing to erupt with the vibrant pinks and oranges. The evening sun made Regina’s shadow nearly indiscernible from those of the trees except for her movements.



    As she continues to walk, the sounds of the camp soon became no more than a seldom distant murder. Frustrated she swings her new blade slicing off the heads of wildflowers as she wondered. She notices a fuzzy honeybee busily working, taking advantage of the last moments of light before retreating for her hive.

    OOC
    What are you hoping to find if anything or was Regina just trying to get away?

    Roll perception check.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Meanwhile back at the camp after Axle finished coaxing the fire into a decent camp fire, he turnes to put his flint and tinderbox back in his pack when he realizes that it wasn’t where he put it on the nearby stone.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #50

    Default

    A strange feel begun to creep upon the Kuru once her escape appeared to have been successful. It was unpleasantly close to what she assumed guilt felt like, but she'd never know because guilt was something you admit. I'm far more helpful doing this, Regi convinced herself, this is far more suited to my talents. Somehow the barbarian had become serious about helping in her attempt to sherk off helping, stalking planter like through the trees she pulled up the hood of the gray cloak to hide her silhouette in the waxing twilight and first seek out what Axel said was following them.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception - (d20+5) [25] (if this counts as dim light 4 if normal light)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •