Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 118

Thread: Chapter 3: Into the Woods

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,262

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    Spring continues to take a solid hold on the land. The warmth of the mid day sun warms a small lizard resting on a large rock near the game trail the party follows to the craggy ridge. The rise had momentarily vanished behind the trees as they entered the edge of the Drundary woods. The dappled light that filtered down to the forest floor kept the path cool. Few scattered mounds of snow still clung to winters edge as long as they could in the deepest shadows but soon they would give way to summers coming. Crocus bloomed in the melting crystalline edges. The trees halted and opened to a clearing filled with daffodils and tulips stretching for the sun through the fresh meadow grass preparing to announce that spring has won. A rocky slope took shape, looking like a small mountain that had literally been chopped in half with only the north face remaining.

    The rise extended well above the tree line allowing one to easily see south into Malforten from a safe distance without someone spotting them from town. Many birds made their nests along the face of the muddy cliff face that reflected the suns rays.

    “Look there, the path continues. I wonder if tha’ leads to the top on t’other side. Must be a great view from up there.” Kostan notices a path on the right side that must lead up to the summit.

    OOC
    Perception rolls from everyone please.

    Kostan Perception Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+4) [15]

    Depending on the rolls other things can be seen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 04-05-2019 at 02:58 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception - (d20+5) [25]

    Last edited by No Body; 04-05-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,262

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    When Regina makes it to the top she easily sees signs of past occupants. Goblins are filthy, leaving scraps of who knows what. They probably thought it was too far away from town to worry about leaving no trace. But the trash doesn’t tell her much, the goblins had to have used a path from somewhere...there! After looking out doing a 360 turn to look in all directions she sees slight breaks in the trees. Looking too wide and uniform to be a game trail but too overgrown to be a road, or at least a new one. But it’s over on the other side of the river leading deeper into the Fangwood. But how did they get across? She follows the path of the river and makes her best guess at where a shallow or narrow section of the river might be. It’s another couple hours or so north where the hills become more prominent. They’ll have to continue for the rest of the afternoon making their way there through the thickening forest.

    OOC
    Awesome! Great roll Regi. Now you know exactly where to go. You just need to get there. Some great opportunity for team building.

    I’ll also lower DCs on this side of the river for Mel when doing knowledge geography due to his time spent searching for herbs. He’ll know of basic landmarks to get around safely.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception - (1d20+8) [10]

  5. #5

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - ( 1d20+7) [24]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,262

    Default Chapter 3: Into the Woods

    A hedgehog slowly trundles across the path in front of Korak, who is nearly knocked over as a blue heeler darting through his legs to go after the spiny little creature. A few sniffs and a yelp later, the curious Bandit finds something else to sniff at that won’t prick her sensitive nose.

    It didn’t take long for her to find something in the dirt at the base of the rise. At first glance it appears to Axle like she has found the skeleton of a long dead bird that perhaps had fallen from its nest. But when he gets closer to prevent her from eating it and getting sick he realizes they are of another creature. After pulling one of the larger bones from the dogs mouth the scattered tiny ivory bones were still unrecognizable so so he kicked the remains back under the dirt. But when he further disturbed the soil he unearthed the skull. No beak. He curiously reached down to inspect the tiny marble sized skull and clear away the dirt. It was not that of a bird’s but more human like except with more elongated features.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7

    Default

    "There," the Kuru offered little else but a jut of her blade in the direction of the trail she picked up. She takes a few steps towards its start, but only to very clearly block it. Only a little less damp, and she was back to giving off that dangerous air like a snake coiled and ready to lash out as she turned to face the others. "We will not go forward as long as the traitor can use its tongue or hands. You all know how I would see him unable to use either... But I will leave the decision to you. But!" She amended with a fierce tone, "We still have a long way to go, if you cannot decide soon I will decide for you."
    Last edited by No Body; 04-06-2019 at 08:25 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

    Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

    Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

    Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

    Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

  8. #8

    Default

    Axle carefully rubs his hand over the area to brush free the dirt and lays the bones out to get an idea of what they were. He also looks around to see if there are any signs that the bones were placed there with intent.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollNature - ( 1d20+6 ) [20]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,301
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Mel looks around the area .. Poking and checking with his staff. Then as Regina spoke her mind he stopped and turns to Gwion "Please? .. It will take a her mind of you for awhile and let her focus on saving your daughter" He takes out from his backpack his old bedroll and a small cutting knife he use while gathering herbs..
    Then cut two long stripes of cloth to be able to tie Gwions hand and cover his mouth.
    In the mean while he looks at the path Regina pointed out and tries to remember the old maps in his aunts house.
    -Fail roll-
    Last edited by Krivak; 04-08-2019 at 08:22 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,301
    Blog Entries
    1

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •