Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 362

Thread: Chapter 1.6: Heller's Home

  1. #331
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,024

    Default

    Does Edric recognize the woman's attire as religious or socially significant in some way?

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollhistory or religion - (1d20+2) [11] (same modifier for history or religion)



    Come join us on Discord!


  2. #333
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,263
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Linfir tries to look pass the others and see if she knows anything of this woman



    Authentic Forum Dice-rollReligon - (1d20+3) (14) [17]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHistory - (1d20+1) (16) [17]


  3. #335
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    "We were wondering the same thing My Lady. It seems someone has been impersonating our companion here and deceiving these good men and perhaps also, yourself." says Olwyn into the rather awkward silence that seemed to have developed.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  4. #336
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ennis, Texas
    Posts
    1,836

    Default

    "Though you have the look of someone who shouldn't have been as easily fooled," Heller adds. "Do you know why someone pretending to be me has put this small company together and attempted to trade a dragon egg for the Horn of Joramun?"

  5. Default

    The woman raises a single finely-shaped eyebrow. "Is that so?" she asks. Turning the men, she issues a simple set of commands. "Kill the trespassers. Return the prisoner to his cell. And bring me hi Ka head," she says, pointing to Heller Karstark.

    The older guard who recognized Heller's voice begins to object. "But my lady, its really him. I swear it by the old gods and the new."

    "Look at him closely," she commands, and the man turns his back on her to face Heller once more. In a flash, a wicked blade appears in her hand and she drives it into his back, mortally wounding him. His hands reach up over his head, trying to grasp the blade sticking between his shoulder blades as blood gurgles in his chest and up into his throat. He collapses to the floor, dying, while she turns to the other men. "Anyone else care to question my orders?" In response, the men simply turn to face you again, tightening their grip on their blades for the battle that seemed imminent.
    Last edited by Hideous; 08-27-2019 at 03:01 PM.

  6. #338
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Olwyn nervously grips his warhammer, he is not liking the atmosphere at all.

    "Really? She back stabs one of your friends and you take her side. Help us and help the Real Heller Karstark.... " he finishes with a rousing "For the North!"

    Olwyn hopes his inspired and impassioned speech works.... otherwise he alternatively hopes someone will at least open the door so he can get the hell out of the way of whatever nasty comes next.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPersuasion - (2d20b1+4) (8, 2) [12] (using my DM granted Inspiration to give advantage on the roll).
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  7. #339
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Around the 4th moon
    Posts
    1,263
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    As it seems a fight is about to begin.. Linfir moves down next to her companion.. and is ready to cast Faerie Fire on the soon to be enemy group to help her companions in combat.

  8. Default

    The men seem torn between Olwyn's rousing words and their leader's commands. During the brief, silent pause, all that anyone can hear is the gurgling sounds of the older guardsman dying as he chokes on his own blood. In the end, your hesitation costs you as the guards seem to make up their mind and move to attack you once their comrade expires.

    The young man you first encountered in the hallway outside the isolation cell is the closest and swings at Edric and misses. His ally spears Olwyn for 7 damage, nearly killing the lightly armored bard. (Olwyn, you should have proficiency with leather armor and its part of your starting equipment but not listed on your sheet. Your AC should be 13.)

    The rest of the guards advance forward, pinning you in against the back wall. Two attacks come down against Tarian, both of them hitting for a total of 10 damage. Another attack comes in against Olwyn, but misses badly.
    Two more attacks are made against Evelyn, but the guards can't get past her armor.

    Meanwhile, the woman in red simply smiles and watches the bloodbath ensue as she makes her way to the northern door which she opens and exits through. You lose sight of her as she exits the room.



    Olwyn: 2/9 HP
    Tarian: 8/18 HP
    Last edited by Hideous; 08-28-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •