Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: In Character

"An excellent point, to be sure," Jayven quips, then he turns his attention to the large man. "It would seem that the person you are looking for and the person we are looking for might be found together, and therefore it would be in our best interests to coordinate our efforts. Perhaps we can discuss the situation in a quieter environment? Have you a residence nearby?"

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Nails looks up and down the bar, waiting to see if anyone wants to give him information for his money.

While he waits, he looks at Jayven and says, "I sleep wherever's cleanest when I need to fall down.

"You want to talk? You're buying."

He jerks his head towards a keg behind the bar.

Blog Entries

Silas laughs and gestures to the barbarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silas
    ah my new friend. Perhaps you would be asking about him. But since he too is missing, that would be difficult. Come. tell us your story and we shall return the favor. If time permits I may pepper in some tales of when I befriended an owl bear. Oh it is a glorious tale.
    as they find a seat, Silas orders them all a round.
    the names Silas. And who might you be my good man?

The big man replies, "Nails."

The tavern keeper looks to the newcomers and shrugs as the big man seems to be no longer interested in his questioning and more so in buying drinks which suits him just fine. As the group orders drinks he delivers the drinks saying to each, "4 coppers a mug." Once payment is received he will leave them to it finding the group to be fairly pleasant compared to some of the usual thoroughfare.

"Oi youse lookin fer that snobby rich boy Renaer?" a patron in a neighboring table says towards Nails, a balding man with a terrible comb-over and a nose that has been broken countless times. At his table sits a skinny man missing two fingers on his left hand and several teeth who adds with a sneer, "chip of the old block dat one."
    Yawning Portal: Alex Corval -- Inventory Sheet

Nails turns & nods at Comb-over.

​"Yeah. What do you know about it?"

"Well see'n as I had been drinking I think mayhaps me memory would be clearer when put in a similar state...but drinkin' is espensive business..." he says with a breath thick with the stench of alcohol.

Nails looks from the Comb-over to his companions at the table, and then to the bartender. He looks back at Comb-over and holds up a hand.

"Just a second."

He gets up and walks over to the bar. He takes his coin back out and says, "A round for that table, something that won't make them puke."

The bartender rolls his eyes at the unintended insults, realizing that the large man wasn't questioning the quality of his spirits...or at least it seemed wise to believe the very large man with a very large club wasn't insulting him...In short order the drinks are brought out to which the drunkard with the misguided hairstyle smiles and downs half the mug in one quick gulp. Giving a sigh of satisfaction he seems to notice the group and says, "wat was we talkin' bout?"

Blog Entries

Silas smiles and responds.
    You were about to tell us about Ranaer.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast