Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 155

Thread: In Character

  1. #81

    Default

    The group continues on their way towards the Dock Wards and the Skewered Dragon with no issue. Upon arriving in the Dock Ward they are greeted by tall, densely packed tenements leave most of the neighborhood in shadow at ground level. Most of the streetlamps have had their glass smashed and their candles stolen, and the smells of salt air and excrement linger as you pass by rows of run-down buildings. On the corner of Zastrow Street and Fillet Lane one nearby shop stands out from the others. It has a deep purple facade, and in its window hangs a stuffed beholder. Above the door hangs a sign whose elaborate letters spell out “Old Xoblob Shop.”

    Noticeably as you arrived in the Dock Ward the presence of City Watch reduced and the overall atmosphere gained a sense of danger not found in most of the rest of Waterdeep. Unlike the nicer Wards more people here visibly carried weapons, which actually causes the group to blend in better than they had been before.
    Yawning Portal: Alex Corval -- Inventory Sheet

  2. #82

    Default

    Thorin looks around nervously, clearly uncomfortable wandering around this part of the city.
    "Oi lads, watch yer purse and back around 'ere. I have some bad experiences with places like this."
    Character(s):


  3. #83
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    800
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Silas keeps a watchful eye about him and his comrades.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silas
    It would appear Floon chose the "safest" part of town for merriment.
    Silas's senses go on alert as they enter this part of town. He did not want to get caught off guard. His eyes darting around, analyzing the area. He is going to keep an eye out for tattoos or marks as well to see if any match the victims, or the perpetrators of the attack they passed earlier.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception - (1d20+4) [24]

  4. #84

    Default



    The group continues, do you head directly towards your destination that is nearby or inspect some of the other points of curiosity?
    Yawning Portal: Alex Corval -- Inventory Sheet

  5. #85
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    800
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Silas would likely be heading to the tavern to have a starting point and to see if any trail can be gathered from there

  6. #86

    Default

    The Skewered Dragon faces an alley that runs between Net Street and Fillet Lane in the Dock Ward, not far from the Old Xoblob Shop. The tavern looks like a ruin. Both of its front-facing windows are smashed, and a ship’s anchor is lodged in the roof. Through the windows, you can see a group of haggard patrons drinking from huge tankards.

    Among the patrons stands a mountain of the man carrying what could easily be mistaken for a treebranch who appears to be doing more than merely ordering a drink...

    Yawning Portal: Alex Corval -- Inventory Sheet

  7. #87

    Default

    The man raises his hand, which is the size of a small dinner plate. There's a gold coin in between his first two fingers. He leans on a club that is 2/3 as long as he is tall and studded with dozens of uniform bits of iron and is dressed in leather clothes that are too light to be armor but heavy enough to suggest that he works with his hands.

    Before the bartender can respond, he says, "Need to know if my cousin has been in here. His wife's worried about him. Renaer's the name. Might have been drinkin' with some guy named Floon?"

    His voice is softer than you'd expect for a man of over six feet, but it still carries. He looks at the bartender hopefully, though his eyes do look right and left, as if to suggest he might give the coin to anyone with information, or even perhaps he's looking to see if anyone takes offense to his inquiry.
    Last edited by LordFluffy; 04-30-2019 at 08:54 PM.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    800
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Silas' ears perk up at the sound of "Floon". He approaches the man, and speaks softly enough so to keep outside ears from hearing their conversation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silas
    Did you say Floon? My compatriots and I are looking for him. Do you have any information on where he might be?

  9. #89

    Default

    The man looks down at the elf talking to him.

    "If I knew where this Floon was, don't you think I'd be asking him about Renaer?

    "Who are you, again?"

  10. #90

    Default

    Thorin chuckles from behind Silas "Aye point-ears, that laddie is makin' a good point there doesn't he?"
    Character(s):


Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •