Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist [5e pbp]

Quote Originally Posted by southeast View Post
    The deadline for being able to request consideration in the game has past, as would be apparent upon reading my previous posts.
    My apologies. May it go well. Sorry that I didn't see it sooner.

Blog Entries

Sorry I couldn't get two characters built up. couldn't decide what I wanted to play. Good luck with the game! Hopefully I'll catch another one you run!

3. Default

I'd like to introduce my second character: Anton Caprocci -- Sorry for the length of this post, but I enjoy writing full introduction scenes to get a sense of the character and thought this one was a particularly good representation of the way I view Anton. I'll put lines around the introduction scene so you can easily skip to the background summary paragraph if you'd rather just read that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anton Caprocci stands outside the Yawning Portal Inn and Tavern, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed. His chin rests on his chest, and his eyes are closed. Bored. And tired. He is tall and sturdy, and it looks as if he nearly fills the frame.

From the darkness of the road, the murmuring of drunks rings out, and within seconds the silhouettes of a group of staggering figures emerges from its depths. Anton Caprocci stirs to awareness, but keeps his position unassuming. Annoyed, mostly.

As the drunks approach and make their intentions to enter the Yawning Portal clear, Anton steps out of the door frame and blocks the entrance with his body. He looks them up and down, making note of the uncontrolled sway of their torsos and the blank look in their eyes.

The leader of the group, and the drunkest of them all, looks at Anton. He notices his age, especially his gray hair, and the fact that his sword lays on the ground behind him, not easily within reach. The leader doesn’t notice the way that Anton’s shirt shows the gentle crescendos of well-formed muscles underneath his shirt. He doesn’t notice the lack of care in Anton’s eyes, as if he could devastate the group before him without thinking. And doesn’t notice the way that Anton stands, with a light and gentle confidence that seems to say “try it, it won’t end well for you.”

The man takes a step forwards, and at exactly the right moment Anton’s open palm snaps forward. It doesn’t hit him, but reaches full extension at exactly the place the man was about to step. It feels like walking into a wall. Content. The man staggers backwards, and angrily pulls a dagger from a sheath at his waist. The man swipes his dagger in a wide arc towards Anton, who takes a single step out of it’s reach, sending the already dizzy man off balance. As the man spins, Anton’s fist pounds his shoulder. He slams into the ground and the dagger bounces out of his hands. The group of drunks grab their friend and drag him back into the darkness from where they came, aware of the danger of the man at the door of the Yawning Portal Inn and Tavern.

Anton steps inside, grabbing his sword and scabbard from the stair into the Yawning Portal. Once inside, he gestures across the loud room to a sturdy dwarf sitting by the fire. The dwarf stands and walks outside to take his place. Anton sits at the bar and orders a drink. The bartender smiles at him genuinely and refuses his coin, insisting it is on the house. Anton thanks him warmly, and takes the tankard in his hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In his youth, Anton was cocky and aggressive, fighting in gladiatorial circuits throughout the world. However, his focus on strength over skill led him to overestimate his abilities and gave him an injury that likely would have made it so he could never walk again. Instead, he made a journey to a dwarven monastery in the mountains. The dwarves healed him and ultimately convinced him to stay and train with them. He lived among them for years. He became in tune with himself, studied the anatomy of various creatures, and learned to fight with precision rather than strength. As he grew old, he felt a wanderlust overtake him. He left the monastery in an attempt to find a deeper meaning by taking a grand adventure. However, the life of a monk is not a prosperous one, so his money quickly ran out. This left him stuck in Waterdeep, where he currently works as a bouncer for the Yawning Portal Inn and Tavern as he waits to make enough money to continue his journey or finds an adventuring party to join up with. He is reserved and often quiet, but his time living in the monastery taught him the importance of family. He occasionally responds to questions with grunts or gestures, leftover habits from his quieter days among the dwarves, but far more often just waits to speak until he has something meaningful to say.

Last edited by HorseyFatback; 03-19-2019 at 03:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Starting gold for character 1: Authentic Forum Dice-rollgold - (4d4x10) [110]

Here is Cyndrasil Adcaryn
    Wizard with plans on going Bladesinger.

In the tavern, she is likely to be enjoying a drink and chatting up any random strangers she can. She is friendly to everyone and has a bubbly personality. Which comes as a shock when someone attempts to bring harm to her as her bubbly side can quickly turn into fierceness. She is able to protect herself with her blade, and if necessary, her magic.
    Last edited by Sleepius; 03-19-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Alright, 2nd character is here. I present Silas Indrasil

Adventurer who enjoys the hunt for treasure, game, as well as knocking back a drink in the local tavern. It is usually in the tavern where he hears of rumors and gathers information as to where the next big adventure will take him. He is approachable, but tends to keep to himself. Obscuring in a corner of the tavern and observing everywhere. He looks to be the strong silent type, but there are times where you can't get him to shut up about some mundane things like the time he was hunting and came across a wild boar that was sleeping near the maw of a giant bear outside of a cave. It was a bright sunny day and Silas was tracking the boar, only to find it cuddling by a bear. Silas observed the pair at a distance, attempting to discern what brought forth this unusual pairing. Were they friends? just a random encounter of two sleeping creatures? Perhaps something more nefarious? He did not know and was determined to find out. He sat all day and night observing. It wasn't until the following morning when..... At this point, anyone listening to Silas will have wandered off and he will go back to enjoying his ale....

Ladies & GentleElves!
    Waterdhavians & Foreigners from the south!
    Let me introduce...

Kassandra Eltorchul, Diviner (soon) Wizard, Waterdhavian Noble.
    &
    Photo

PS: Southeast..
    If it comes to it while you pick & match the group,
    My 1st choice for the game would be Kassandra.

Everything you need to know is on her sheet.
    Bio, Personality, Creation Process etc..

7. Default Waterdeep: Dragon Heist [5e pbp]

Tannerian Skinner Human Ranger

EDIT: Clean up post - fix bbc code
    Last edited by ninjafar; 03-21-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Five days without any news form Southeast.
    I guess he has a lot of work, picking & matching the group, but, i'd like a post that everything is up to schedule

I find myself checking the forum almost every couple of hours for any sign of news

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilstrasz View Post
    Five days without any news form Southeast.
    I guess he has a lot of work, picking & matching the group, but, i'd like a post that everything is up to schedule

I find myself checking the forum almost every couple of hours for any sign of news
    I did notice that he has updated the petitions section on the first page, with the last one being around 3 days back.
    However, I have to admit that a "heads-up" would be nice.
    Last edited by Masterxlord; Yesterday at 09:45 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345