Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist [5e pbp]

1. Default Waterdeep: Dragon Heist [5e pbp]

Welcome to Waterdeep, the Crown of the North, where a wondrous tale of urban adventure is about to unfold. Our story begins with the gathering of adventurers at the Yawning Portal Inn and Tavern. Volothamp Geddarm, the famous explorer and raconteur, has a quest for them — one that entangles the characters in a bitter conflict between two nefarious organizations. If the adventurers complete his quest, Volo rewards them handsomely. Yet a much greater prize lies hidden somewhere in the City of Splendors, waiting to be claimed.

---Recruitment---
    Looking to run the Dragon Heist module with potential lead in to Dungeon of the Mad Mage should the module be completed. I am looking for 4-5 players for this and will allow each petitioner to create 2 characters for consideration to account for possible party overlap (i.e. but if we're all wizards then who will be the meat shield?). Petioner's will not be required to come up with two characters and can devote themselves to one but I will be taking into consideration overall party make up when finalizing who is in the game. Please do not submit a character you are unwilling to play as you may end up in the game but with either character submitted.

---Character Creation---

1.) Ability scores: 4d6r1b3 or use standard array from 5e (player can choose to convert to standard array after rolls)

2.) Starting gold/equipment: use starting equipment for class and background, but you can "sell" equipment and use starting gold to make "purchases" (no magic gear)
    I.) Select a token

3.) Race: Any non-monster race currently available in official material for PC play (note may restrict certain backgrounds at GM discretion)

4.) Class: Any official class and class option will be available (e.g. war wizard)

5.) Feats: if granted a feat (yay humans) you can select any feat in official materials that your character qualifies for

6.) Backgrounds: any standard, sword coas, or waterdeep background is available (if player desires an official background from another source then pm me what and why)

7.) Link character sheets to mythweavers.

On wizards: what spells you can take with advancement will depend on a few factors - what arcane tradition is taken, character background (both mechanical and flavor from player), and what occurs in roleplay. -Example: Tim the evocation wizard who has spent no time studying enchantment spells, never encountered anyone using it, never used a scroll or wand with it....would not suddenly pick up enchantment spells.
    -To put it simpler please roleplay your wizard properly in regards to flavoring how he/she suddenly gains spells and do not assume you get what ever you desire (first ask GM).

---Rules---
    1.) Do not fight with the GM

2.) Remember to ROLE play not just ROLL play

3.) Be polite OOC

4.) If you believe another player or the GM has acted incorrectly (rules or conduct) please PM me stating what the issue is, why it is an issue, and how you would like for it to be resolved

5.) If you have a GM ruling dispute please use the following steps:

• PM the GM describing your dispute with the ruling and reasoning justifying your POV
    • GM will then provide explanation of their POV and reasoning behind the ruling
    • Player can then make 1 counter argument supporting their reasoning
    • Should at this point if no resolution is made then, and only then, may player post to OOC with their dispute and arguments
    • Each player will be given 1 day to ask any questions for clarification
    • After this initial player may call for a vote with simple majority deciding
      • Note: please do not abuse this as it can potentially be time consuming and destroy game momentum

6.) Post rate should be at 2-3 per week minimum for normal play (please accelerate if combat is initiated)

------

Last edited by southeast; 03-19-2019 at 10:04 PM.

2. Default

I'm definitely interested. Do you have a deadline in mind for submissions? I'll try to get to work tonight but I have a few things to do tonight and tomorrow that may mean I can't finalize anything for a few days.

3. Default

Tentatively would like all interest posted by Friday. However I will give everyone who posted interest by then a week to develop their characters.
    Yawning Portal: Alex Corval -- Inventory Sheet

4. Default

Great!

Just going to roll stats for one character now, but might create a second if I have any good ideas.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [12]
    [roll]4d6r1b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6r1b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6r1b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6r1b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6r1b3[/roll]
    Last edited by HorseyFatback; 03-12-2019 at 02:18 AM.

5. Default

My bad, It's been a while and I forgot I had to roll separately for each skill. Let's try that again:

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6r1b3) [14]

[rollv]4d6r1b3[/rollv]
    [rollv]4d6r1b3[/rollv]
    [rollv]4d6r1b3[/rollv]
    [rollv]4d6r1b3[/rollv]
    [rollv]4d6r1b3[/rollv]
    [rollv]4d6r1b3[/rollv]

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (6, 2, 3, 1, 3) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (6, 2, 5, 4) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (1, 6, 4, 5, 5) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (4, 2, 4, 4) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (4, 5, 3, 4) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (6, 6, 5, 4) [17]

Character 1
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll1 - (4d6r1b3) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll2 - (4d6r1b3) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll3 - (4d6r1b3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll4 - (4d6r1b3) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll5 - (4d6r1b3) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll6 - (4d6r1b3) [8]

Character 2
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll1 - (4d6r1b3) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll2 - (4d6r1b3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll3 - (4d6r1b3) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll4 - (4d6r1b3) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll5 - (4d6r1b3) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll6 - (4d6r1b3) [7]

Edit:
    A 6, an 8 and a 7...
    Edit2:
    Well..
    I think it'll work, as both score sets are realistic for the characters i have in mind.

Southeast..
    why your name sounds familiar? Were you the cleric in one of my games?
    With Perren, Gildarts & Elladrian?
    Last edited by Kerilstrasz; 03-12-2019 at 01:48 PM.

9. Default

Might have been, had signed up awhile ago but RL issues took me away but finally have everything sorted.
    Yawning Portal: Alex Corval -- Inventory Sheet

Character 2 scores:
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 5) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (3, 6, 1, 1, 1, 4, 1, 2) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (3, 4, 6, 5) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (4, 2, 2, 5) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (4, 6, 2, 4) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6rb3) (4, 3, 4, 5) [13]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast