Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Act 3: Scene 3- Wrath of the Mighty

Blog Entries

Default Act 3: Scene 3- Wrath of the Mighty

Enfield stares blankly for a moment, processing, before his body goes rigid. K'tzir still has not been at the controls enough to look natural.

"I should have seen it," Enfield says, his head slowly tilting to the side as if he had forgotten to keep it straight up. His voice is husky, and gurgled, though easily understood, perhaps by some telepathic amplification. "I ask forgiveness—I have never seen an Arver, but I should have seen it. The impression of your thoughts is eerily familiar." The possessed astronaut reaches out with an open hand toward Supreme as he speaks, unintentional, like a new driver drifting to one side when checking a mirror. He turns slightly toward Forcefox. "Not fluid and crude like the one that possessed the Serpent King," he explains of Atrius, "but, cold. Forceful. Entirely sure of itself and blind to its own faults. We have felt it before, and so I have felt it before."

"It is a wonder your species ever existed at all," Enfield says dismissively at the occupying alien. "Imagine having unrivaled telepathy, and unrivaled selfishness. An abject inability to share, and an inability to withhold. Paradoxical."
    Last edited by theScrappy; 04-14-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    Enfield stares blankly for a moment, processing, before his body goes rigid. K'tzir still has not been at the controls enough to look natural.

"I should have seen it," Enfield says, his head slowly tilting to the side as if he had forgotten to keep it straight up. His voice is husky, and gurgled, though easily understood, perhaps by some telepathic amplification. "I ask forgiveness—I have never seen an Arver, but I should have seen it. The impression of your thoughts is eerily familiar." The possessed astronaut reaches out with an open hand toward Supreme as he speaks, unintentional, like a new driver drifting to one side when checking a mirror. He turns slightly toward Forcefox. "Not fluid and crude like the one that possessed the Serpent King," he explains of Atrius, "but, cold. Forceful. Entirely sure of itself and blind to its own faults. We have felt it before, and so I have felt it before."

"It is a wonder your species ever existed at all," Enfield says dismissively at the occupying alien. "Imagine having unrivaled telepathy, and unrivaled selfishness. An abject inability to share, and an inability to withhold. Paradoxical."
    "I have no need to imagine- I was their greatest weapon. If I had any of your empathy, I might share some with Adamant. But there was no place for that inefficiency in the 'perfect being'. In return, I rid them of their fragile bodies and disparate mindsets. After all, what works faster than a unilateral decision-maker?"
    He holds up a hand, and it turns translucent, appearing to fade away. "They set me as their judge... my sentence is extinction. When I vanish, that will be the last of the Arver."
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 04-14-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Blog Entries

"Great. Just great. Not only is he a narcissistic megalomaniac, he's completely and utterly insane as well." Forcefox exclaims as she rubs her temple with both hands. "Right, should have seen that coming a mile away. Anyway... They tell me you're running on finite resources. Time to make you expend some more of them." She concludes and pounds one fist into her other. She wastes no time and flashes forwards swinging an unrefined yet strong punch at Supreme Tyrant.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Garm Blackmane - Phoenix Squadron

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Spirit Haven seems to briefly panic when Relentless goes to snap his other arm clean off. He might be dead, but he was already missing an arm, and he was not about to lose the other one. This time, the winds around them are enough to distract the violent super, and Haven dematerializes before she can do some lasting damage. He doesn't pop back so quickly though... Relentless can feel a tingling in the arm she used to try and pop Spirit Haven's arm out of its socket, before it violently tries to remove itself from its socket. "Eye for an eye, arm for an arm," Haven chants, the arm glowing blue with the tell tale signs of possession.

He doesn't wait for Relentless to recover, quickly commanding the spirits that flooded the room earlier to scrape, claw, and batter the super's body. It seemed at this point, he was going back on his word of not killing Relentless... makes you wonder who really deserved that name when the dust settled.

(Rolls in the next post due to a posting mishap)
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 04-15-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 1
    Stress: d4 Emotional, d6 Physical
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 04-15-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    "Great. Just great. Not only is he a narcissistic megalomaniac, he's completely and utterly insane as well." Forcefox exclaims as she rubs her temple with both hands. "Right, should have seen that coming a mile away. Anyway... They tell me you're running on finite resources. Time to make you expend some more of them." She concludes and pounds one fist into her other. She wastes no time and flashes forwards swinging an unrefined yet strong punch at Supreme Tyrant.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWho Dares? + DOOM + Godlike Strength - (1d8+4d12+1d12) (3) (2, 5, 12, 4) (10) [36]
    "Finite though they may be, they remain more than enough," Supreme says, raising a hand to catch the fist. "Now I must squash you like the bug that you are."

Supreme Force uses special rules: He keeps three dice for his total and always uses the Doom Pool as his affiliation dice. When he is dealt Stress, it is not held against him: instead, he steps back one of the dice in the Doom Pool (or eliminates it if the stress dealt was higher), as if he were a Large-Scale Threat. He himself cannot increase the Doom Pool, and only one of his 1s counts as an opportunity, though the die still can't be used.

Doom Pool: 4d12
    Scene Distinctions: Preparing for Endgame, Alien Approach, Gathering Strength
    Next Up: Gus
    Opportunities:
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 04-16-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Sadiyah
    :

Blog Entries

Enfield watches in horror as Forcefox throws herself at Supreme and is caught. His body remains rigid and his extended arm retracts, open palm clenching into a balled fist. "No," K'tzir shouts, but he is looking at Forcefox. Glowing purple eyes then dart to Supreme, "She is my guard, acting as my attaché," he declares. "My host does not provide sufficient physical protection on this planet," he explains, "She has exceeded her authority, and I will discipline her. As Envoy to Tertia from the Kala'thuumian Enclave, I formally request that you release her to my custody."

[Grabbing +1 XP for making a request in diplomatic capacity, and +3 XP for choosing not to engage in order to maintain neutrality]
    Last edited by theScrappy; 04-17-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Spirit Haven seems to briefly panic when Relentless goes to snap his other arm clean off. He might be dead, but he was already missing an arm, and he was not about to lose the other one. This time, the winds around them are enough to distract the violent super, and Haven dematerializes before she can do some lasting damage. He doesn't pop back so quickly though... Relentless can feel a tingling in the arm she used to try and pop Spirit Haven's arm out of its socket, before it violently tries to remove itself from its socket. "Eye for an eye, arm for an arm," Haven chants, the arm glowing blue with the tell tale signs of possession.

He doesn't wait for Relentless to recover, quickly commanding the spirits that flooded the room earlier to scrape, claw, and batter the super's body. It seemed at this point, he was going back on his word of not killing Relentless... makes you wonder who really deserved that name when the dust settled.
    "I... Won't be killed... By worms like you." Relentless is at her limit, and she knows it. But rather than attempting a counterattack, she defiantly grabs her own shoulder and pulls in the same way that she planned to rip Dorian in half. The sound is wince-inducing and reminds Gray of his ghost-inducing incident. At the end of it, the treacherous arm lies on the floor, beginning to pool blood. "Nobody kills me... but me."
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSolo, Force to Be Reckoned With D4, Superhuman Strength, Dorian Stress, Menace Master - (1d8+1d4+1d10+1d6+2d8) (8) (4) (8) (4) (7, 2) [33]

Gale is having exactly none of this and a cold snap flares out from her location as she hopes to end the fight once and for all.

In an instant, Gale's blast of cold freezes Relentless into a helpless state. The medium's toll on Relentless leaves her too weak to break out or do much other than fall unconscious. She will live in this comatose state for at least an hour, by Grey's reckoning.

Supreme looks down upon Forcefox before closing his hand on her wrist and throwing her at Gus. "Terms accepted."
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnow My Power + DOOM + Godlike Strength+ Area Attack - (1d8+4d12+1d12+1d6) (4) (10, 3, 4, 4) (12) (5) [42]
    Total 26, Effect D12/D12 (Forcefox/Gus)
    Believing that negotiations have broken down, Mentor begins to attack Supreme with wave upon wave of psychic blades. Galiena vanishes to destinations unknown.

Doom Pool: 4d12
    Scene Distinctions: Preparing for Endgame, Alien Approach, Gathering Strength
    Next Up: Everyone
    Opportunities:
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 04-17-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Sadiyah
    :

Blog Entries

Supreme brings his massive power to bear on the much smaller Forcefox but if there is one thing she learned from her self defense classes taken long before her power manifested it is how to use an attackers size and strength against them. She twists into Supreme and with a sweet graceful motion hefts him up and over her in a flawlessly executed judo body roll.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Garm Blackmane - Phoenix Squadron

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

Enfield watches, blank-faced as the negotiations fall apart. This was not the plan. Supreme was a mad dictator, but to do violence upon a diplomatic envoy? K'tzir had not anticipated this. He had not conceived of it. Gus had urged him, but they both knew the human was brash and eager to intervention, tainted by nostalgia. As they watched Supreme grab Forcefox's wrist, recognizing instantly his intention and planned trajectory, they consulted.

"He will do violence to us."
    "Yep."
    "But we are a diplomatic delegation. The envoy of the—"
    "The Kala'thuumian, yeah. I know."
    "I have failed the Envoy. I have failed Tertia. I have failed you. You knew this would happen."
    "Not exactly."
    "You predicted it."
    "I tend to worry."
    "You did not know? This wasn't your plan? To draw me into conflict by forcing violence upon us?"
    "I hoped not. Best case, the negotiations fall apart, I convince you to see the Haulians as the only truly legitimate global government. Maybe drag you in that way, as a formal ally."
    "But you do not trust the Haulians."
    "No, but I trust them not to wipe out the planet."
    "What is happening now?"
    "He's making the same mistake I did. The same one you did."
    "Which mistake is this?"
    "Underestimating Forcefox."

Enfield: Gus Green/K'tzir
    Plot Points: 0
    Stress: D12 Mental
    Last edited by theScrappy; 04-17-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast