Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Act 3: Scene 3- Wrath of the Mighty

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,641
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Enfield continues to watch, blank-faced as Forcefox turns the table on Supreme, and launches the godlike tyrant on the trajectory he'd planned to use himself.

    "This is going to hurt."
    "I can minimize the pain, but I cannot stay."
    "I've got a better idea. You should hit him."
    "But I do not have the support of my people."
    "You don't have a choice, and you know what they will say."
    "I will have no choice but to abandon you to confer with them."
    "That's alright. I've got the support of my people."


    As Supreme's body approaches, Enfield briefly joins Mentor in his assault before collapsing.



    Enfield: Gus Green/K'tzir
    Plot Points: 1
    Stress: Stressed out
    Trauma: D6 Mental

    (21 XP total)
    Last edited by theScrappy; 04-17-2019 at 05:35 PM.




  2. #42

    Default

    Spirit Haven steadies himself after that rocky encounter with Relentless. "Well... I can see why she has her name now," He comments, straightening himself out. "That ice isn't going to hold her forever... we need to get moving... Do you know where Nuclear is, Gale?" He asks the stormy super. He doesn't wait for a response, extending his mystic senses to probe who was in the surrounding area. If their battle was heard (or even felt in this case), they would have little time to get out of here.



    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 1
    Stress: d4 Emotional, d6 Physical
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 04-19-2019 at 04:24 PM.

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Supreme brings his massive power to bear on the much smaller Forcefox but if there is one thing she learned from her self defense classes taken long before her power manifested it is how to use an attackers size and strength against them. She twists into Supreme and with a sweet graceful motion hefts him up and over her in a flawlessly executed judo body roll.
    The sound of a laser blast going off rings out right as Supreme initiates his attack. It goes overhead, but the fraction-second of hesitation it provides is more than enough for Forcefox to roll into the attack and throw Supreme. Supreme is completely taken aback by this. He seems to not have anticipated that someone was capable of reversing his attack. As the tyrant tumbles, Forcefox can see a female Roto similar in garb to Green Scout survey the situation. It seems she was the source of the blast. Some squad members pour out behind her, and they and the Morph Machines seem to become distracted in fighting among each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    Enfield watches, blank-faced as the negotiations fall apart. This was not the plan. Supreme was a mad dictator, but to do violence upon a diplomatic envoy? K'tzir had not anticipated this. He had not conceived of it. Gus had urged him, but they both knew the human was brash and eager to intervention, tainted by nostalgia. As they watched Supreme grab Forcefox's wrist, recognizing instantly his intention and planned trajectory, they consulted.

    "He will do violence to us."
    "Yep."
    "But we are a diplomatic delegation. The envoy of the—"
    "The Kala'thuumian, yeah. I know."
    "I have failed the Envoy. I have failed Tertia. I have failed you. You knew this would happen."
    "Not exactly."
    "You predicted it."
    "I tend to worry."
    "You did not know? This wasn't your plan? To draw me into conflict by forcing violence upon us?"
    "I hoped not. Best case, the negotiations fall apart, I convince you to see the Haulians as the only truly legitimate global government. Maybe drag you in that way, as a formal ally."
    "But you do not trust the Haulians."
    "No, but I trust them not to wipe out the planet."
    "What is happening now?"
    "He's making the same mistake I did. The same one you did."
    "Which mistake is this?"
    "Underestimating Forcefox."


    Enfield: Gus Green/K'tzir
    Plot Points: 0
    Stress: D12 Mental
    Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    Enfield continues to watch, blank-faced as Forcefox turns the table on Supreme, and launches the godlike tyrant on the trajectory he'd planned to use himself.

    "This is going to hurt."
    "I can minimize the pain, but I cannot stay."
    "I've got a better idea. You should hit him."
    "But I do not have the support of my people."
    "You don't have a choice, and you know what they will say."
    "I will have no choice but to abandon you to confer with them."
    "That's alright. I've got the support of my people."


    As Supreme's body approaches, Enfield briefly joins Mentor in his assault before collapsing.

    Enfield: Gus Green/K'tzir
    Plot Points: 1
    Stress: Stressed out
    Trauma: D6 Mental

    (21 XP total)
    Supreme's rage takes physical form as the area around him crackles and shifts wildly. For a second, he is more psychic warp than material. The following blast from Enfield is met with swift and merciless retribution, regardless of its success. Unfortunately, the attack does little, as Supreme is already infuriated, and Enfield's resultant state adds insult to injury.
    Activating Limit (This Cannot Be!): When Supreme receives Stress of any kind, you can step back the highest Doom Die to give Supreme a one-time Rage Asset equal to the original Stress die.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWHO DARES+DOOM+Psychic Resistance - (1d8+2d12+2d10+1d10) (2) (3, 6) (8, 9) (7) [35]
    "Has so much slipped away from me?" Supreme asks, before he settles back into reality. "No matter... Victory or death, I will end my existence in dignity. Perhaps Tertia can succeed where we have failed."

    Seeing Supreme occupied with Freya, Mentor breaks off and kneels at Gus's side, trying desperately to bring him back to reality.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMentor vs Doom + Stress - (1d8+1d8+2d12+1d10-2d12-2d10-1d12) (1) (1) (11, 1) (9) (7, 12) (6, 10) (9) [-21]
    "Exposing your psyche in my presence?" Supreme queries. "Not the brightest idea you've ever had." Indeed, Mentor's body shows signs of strain instantly, and though he manages to keep Green's state from worsening, it comes at the cost of his own consciousness. After a few seconds of red-faced effort, Mentor begins bleeding from the ears but returns to wakefulness, acting as though he is unharmed.

    "Come on..." (Gus receives a Plot Point)

    The sound of battle fills the air, Forcefox's Allies Asset consumed by the Roto and Devourers engaging each other.

    From the height of the tower, Gus can see the ground, where a horde of the Silent Majority machines and Regime guards fight Haulian troopers led by Adamant and a woman who attacks with sonic screams.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Spirit Haven steadies himself after that rocky encounter with Relentless. "Well... I can see why she has her name now," He comments, straightening himself out. "That ice isn't going to hold her forever... we need to get moving... Do you know where Nuclear is, Gale?" He asks the stormy super. He doesn't wait for a response, extending his mystic senses to probe who was in the surrounding area. If their battle was heard (or even felt in this case), they would have little time to get out of here.



    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 1
    Stress: d4 Emotional, d6 Physical
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDOOM - (2d12+2d10+1d6) (9, 1) (3, 3) (1) [17]

    Your senses inform you there will be no guards headed this way, because you feel a familiar presence nearby. Dynamo has made an arrival, and you can't sense either Silence or Nuclear, which suggests they are in the same area, hiding underneath Silence's blanket of nondetection.

    Doom Pool: 2d12+2d10
    Scene Distinctions: Preparing for Endgame, Alien Approach, Gathering Strength
    Next Up: Everyone
    Opportunities: 2
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 04-20-2019 at 12:47 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Forcefox's heart is racing. She's actually going toe to toe with Supreme! She finds herself grinning from ear to ear despite the mortal danger.
    "Everyone! Just... Ah, sod it!" She tries to command but nobody really would listen to her and if they didn't 'get' that they should attack Supreme, they would be too stupid to help. Noticing the newly arrived roto squaring off against the morph machines she decides to clear the playing field sonewhat and smashes the roof she's standing on with both fists sending shockwaves outward.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Garm Blackmane - Phoenix Squadron

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  5. #45

    Default

    Haven's eyes go wide with realization. "Snake Society," He states. "And I can't sense your brother anywhere near here... which means he's either nearby Silence, or very, very far away from here. I do not think it is the latter. We need to move."

    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 1
    Stress: d4 Emotional, d6 Physical

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Forcefox's heart is racing. She's actually going toe to toe with Supreme! She finds herself grinning from ear to ear despite the mortal danger.
    "Everyone! Just... Ah, sod it!" She tries to command but nobody really would listen to her and if they didn't 'get' that they should attack Supreme, they would be too stupid to help. Noticing the newly arrived roto squaring off against the morph machines she decides to clear the playing field sonewhat and smashes the roof she's standing on with both fists sending shockwaves outward.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWho Dares+DOOM+Godlike Durability - (1d8+2d12+2d10+1d12) (5) (5, 8) (2, 3) (12) [35] (Reaction successful)
    "Enjoy your trifling victories while you can." Striding from the dust and smoke, Supreme concentrates his arrogance into a pair of eye beams hot enough to burn steel. They are powerful, but easy enough to predict.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnow My Power + DOOM + Psychic Blast (Versatile 2d10) - (1d8+2d12+2d10+2d10) (3) (2, 1) (5, 3) (3, 5) [22] (Pft, 13 total, D12 effect, would be Mental Stress if there were any chance of it succeeding)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Haven's eyes go wide with realization. "Snake Society," He states. "And I can't sense your brother anywhere near here... which means he's either nearby Silence, or very, very far away from here. I do not think it is the latter. We need to move."

    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 1
    Stress: d4 Emotional, d6 Physical
    "Follow me," motions Gale, and she hurriedly brings you down a hallway, speeding up when you turn a corner. Silence is indeed pulling Nuclear along, though the boy turns to look at Gale. Before he can run to her, however, Dynamo stands in the way.

    "I was expecting Relentless, to be frank," the electrical terrorist piques an eyebrow.

    "We've taken care of her," Gale says. She's trying to regain some confidence, especially in the face of yet another heavy hitter.

    A crackle of lightning jumps from the man opposite you. "You haven't killed her. I'm going to fix that."

    Nuclear pulls away from Silence and declares, "No! Stop! You can't!"

    "What do you care?" barks Dynamo. "She's hurt you, hasn't she?"

    "So have you!" Nuclear points out.

    This reply stuns Dynamo halfway through a step. Despite his second of regret, he continues walking, carefully shifting Gale out of the way. Relentless is as good as dead if you let him pass. He looks at you, almost pleading to let him do what you wouldn't without resistance.

    Silence also straightens up, unwilling to give up Nuclear, even if she doesn't have a lot of options.

    ---

    "In a bit of a pickle, aren't you?" Fangs curved into a smile fill Gus Green's empty mind. It is Parau, enjoying the astronaut's suffering and willing to make a deal in the darkest hour.
    "Maximum will come, as will my ex-host. I wonder if he will survive. If any of you survive." The demon is unable to harm him- it is only making contact. "Much in common, much more different. I won't pretend that my intentions were as pure as yours. Still... If Supreme crushes this world under his oppressive order, there won't be room for any of my games. It might be in our mutual best interests to work together. Just once, of course."

    Doom Pool: 2d12+2d10
    Scene Distinctions: Endgame, Alien Approach, Gathering Strength
    Next Up: Everyone
    Opportunities: 1
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; Yesterday at 07:16 AM.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Forcefox tries her signature move, mainly standing there and taking the hit. On some level she's still not aware of who exactly she's going up against and the beams hit her harder than she anticipated. Screaming through the pain that courses through her mind she feels her anger rise like a tidal wave. Her control of her body loosens and she starts wildly vibrating again, as she has in the past.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Garm Blackmane - Phoenix Squadron

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,641
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Gus stares up at Mentor leaning over him. He then peers down at the battle below, bewildered at the chaos. And he looks past it all to see the serpent demon beyond. "Three's a crowd," Gus groans aloud as he sits up uneasily. He finds his mind hard to focus, as if it's lost a rudder. Was this how it always was before K'tzir? Has he grown dependent? "He shoots lasers with his eyes?" he looks to the bleeding Mentor. "Oh, you've— You've got red on you." Enfield gestures around his ears, but suddenly snaps his head off to the side, looking at where he estimates Palau's voice is coming from.

    "Ask…" Gus says, grimacing to force his focus, "…the exorcist. If he agrees, I'm in." His focus wanes again, and he looks again to Mentor: "Do you need a tissue?" Enfield searches his pockets but is interrupted with a jolt and rises stiffly to his feet.

    "Arver," Enfield shouts commandingly. "The Kala'thuumian Enclave declares war on any foreign power who would usurp the sovereignty of Tertia." K'tzir hesitates, not sure if he's been clear. He specifies, "You." The word spits forth like fire.





    Enfield: Gus Green/K'tzir
    Plot Points: 0
    Stress: D12 Mental(?)
    Trauma: D6 Mental

    (1 XP)
    Last edited by theScrappy; Today at 01:14 AM.




  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Forcefox is left standing, her outline blurry from uncontrolled speed motion and breathes heavily. She usually would give in to her destructive emotions but here, in this battle she has the sense to realize that would do more harm than good. Biting down she swallows her anger and focuses intently bringing her out of control muscles back under control.
    As Enfield shouts his condemnation Forcefox breaks up a large piece of concrete from the roof and with a grunt hurls it at Supreme.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Garm Blackmane - Phoenix Squadron

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  10. #50

    Default

    Spirit Haven can see the look in Dynamo's eyes, and in Nuclear's eyes... and he's at his limit of how much he can take in this situation. Playing to the whims of mass murderers and not having permanent solutions to them are really grating on his psyche, and his normally caring and calm demeanor fades, the temperature in the room dropping significantly as his face sets like steel. He stands right in the path of Dynamo, pushing his hand out towards the electric mutant. "The boy. Release him, and distance yourself from him," he states, calmly but firmly. "I will not ask again."





    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 1
    Stress: d4 Emotional, d6 Physical
    Last edited by DonJentleman; Yesterday at 04:56 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •