Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Act 3: Scene 3- Wrath of the Mighty

  1. #1

    Default Act 3: Scene 3- Wrath of the Mighty

    A literal shadow hangs over the Regime in the form of a star vessel hailing Alamaoa and demanding Supreme's attention. The news is filled with emergency notices and speculation ranging from persons suspecting it may be Supreme's original species come to retrieve him, or an invasion force. This is an ideal situation to prepare and take the final steps towards confronting Supreme.

    Max is still watching TV on his back in bandages, though his natural healing allows him to come back more easily from a grievous wound than ordinary humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Television
    A 'subject matter expert' speaks soothing words for the Regime's population. "It seems impossible to some of the ordinary viewers at home that aliens would make contact, but I'm sure Supreme can handle this. After all, this isn't the first time Tertia has encountered extraterrestrials, a fact his very rulership attests to. Most of the concerns by our cosmic experts are that members of humanity make a bad impression to our star-neighbors." An image of Vermillion Viper appears on screen.
    "The recent disappearance of Vermillion Viper suggests that our leader has quietly taken the head off of the Snake Society- let's just hope they're not foolish enough to provoke a fight at such a critical axis for humanity's stake in the cosmic balance."
    The interviewer asks his subject, "Is it of your opinion that the Snake Society will attempt to sabotage the affair, then?"
    "It would lie entirely within the range of their reckless xenophobia, so yes. If they're still coherent, I expect some sort of stunt from them- but it's sure to be quickly and quietly handled before proper issues arrive. They're not going to stop us from learning from extraterrestrial cultures due to their backwards ways. We won't allow it, and Supreme certainly won't."
    Mentor is less than convinced. "They'll be there, and they'll make sure something goes wrong if it kills them. Fantastic. At least that might get Supreme to use some more of that godlike power he's probably been hoarding specifically for emergencies like these."

    Forcefox is elsewhere when this is happening, as are Perseus and Dorian. Dorian in particular is floating nearby one of the residence areas where Gale Force lives and trains. She is sitting in the midst of a training room designed specifically for her powers, contemplating the floor as wind blows around her.

    Freya, on the other hand, is with Green Scout as the latter picks up on this in the process of finding more food and human clothing. Quiet speaking and curious or nervous questions are thrown around by citizens. Some people hide under the cover of large buildings out of fear the alien encounter could turn violent.

    Doom Pool: 2d10
    Scene Distinctions: Preparing for Endgame, Alien Approach, Gathering Strength
    Next Up: Forcefox, Dorian, Gus
    Opportunities: 0
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 03-13-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Sadiyah: Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,243
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    It happens more than a few times that Freya has to stop herself from hugging her face at the sight of Green Scout dressed in some of her older sport clothes. While her sport outfits are not as explicitly feminine as say, a yellow taffeta sundress, he still looks decidedly... Cute. Especially with one of Freya's wigs on his head.
    She re-assures her newest friend they could get some more clothes at the Uprise 'base'. Possibly from a teen collection.

    By the time they arrive at Uprise she's completely forgotten about the base assault and everything else that happened. Wrapped in her excitement over another roto to talk to, and ask all sorts of embarrassing questions to about differences in anatomy.
    She is however rudely reminded of it all at entering and seeing Max wounded and bandaged.
    "Hey guys!" she greets everyone a bit embarrassed. "Glad to see my teleport got all of you out of there. That base attack didn't go quite as well as we'd hoped huh? Though I did get some sweet footage..." She clears her throat. "Everyone, meet Green Scout. Green Scout meet everyone." She introduces her friend with a half baked sweeping gesture. Now she deflates completely. "Umm... About this alien ship... I might have slightly caused it..."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Garm Blackmane - Phoenix Squadron

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  3. #3

    Default

    Spirit Haven couldn't help but be a little bit nervous. The Snake Society was on the move, there was a massive ship in the area, and he was deep in enemy territory... alone. Sure, he was phased out of the current existence right now, but he couldn't stay like that forever. He came here to act, to stop a mistake before it came to pass... He came here to peacefully remove some fighters from the upcoming final battle.

    Still, it felt odd being in such a position, being so close to Gale without her noticing, and expecting her to tolerate his presence once he revealed himself. He can clearly see that he's troubled... and before he decides to approach, he sees if he can detect what exactly his haunting her, whether it's physical, mental, or spiritual.



    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 2
    Stress: d4 Emotional
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 03-14-2019 at 03:41 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    It happens more than a few times that Freya has to stop herself from hugging her face at the sight of Green Scout dressed in some of her older sport clothes. While her sport outfits are not as explicitly feminine as say, a yellow taffeta sundress, he still looks decidedly... Cute. Especially with one of Freya's wigs on his head.
    She re-assures her newest friend they could get some more clothes at the Uprise 'base'. Possibly from a teen collection.

    By the time they arrive at Uprise she's completely forgotten about the base assault and everything else that happened. Wrapped in her excitement over another roto to talk to, and ask all sorts of embarrassing questions to about differences in anatomy.
    She is however rudely reminded of it all at entering and seeing Max wounded and bandaged.
    "Hey guys!" she greets everyone a bit embarrassed. "Glad to see my teleport got all of you out of there. That base attack didn't go quite as well as we'd hoped huh? Though I did get some sweet footage..." She clears her throat. "Everyone, meet Green Scout. Green Scout meet everyone." She introduces her friend with a half baked sweeping gesture. Now she deflates completely. "Umm... About this alien ship... I might have slightly caused it..."
    "Thank you, and I mean that in the most unironic and genuine way I can say it," Mentor smiles, a rarity for him. "You've caused a global-level distraction, which is exactly what we need right now. Now we can pull together as many folks as we can contact for a big grand assault on the Regime's main headquarters and shatter them once and for all. Good job, even if you didn't intend it." His smile vanishes when he sees Green Scout. "Good dancing rabbits, what on Tertia is he wearing?"

    Max leans up slightly. "That's a male?"

    "You have better senses than anyone but me, how did you not pick up on it?"

    "I dunno, aliens. Maybe their biology is different. I only know what I learned from Freyaaaaa… Nevermind."
    Realizing where the conversation is going after seeing Green Scout's reaction, Max shuts his mouth, looking at the television and trying to heal faster.

    "So you're the local medic?" Green Scout asks Max, and then nods. "It would explain why you're not currently being tended to."

    Max neither confirms nor denies that, changing the subject to engage Green Scout in conversation while Mentor goes back to being a grouchy tactician. "If I'm being honest, that was the biggest break we've gotten in a long time, even accounting for our string of victories. With any hope, the Snake Society mucks up the negotiations and forces Supreme to burn off more of his power." He looks down, with a grim expression that clearly communicates that something is wrong. "When we go up against Supreme, I will be his first target. Between the two of us, Supreme is more powerful, and even though I'll probably cut him down a notch, I will probably die. It's likely several other people will too, possibly including you. Part of why I'm happy to have this extra time to prepare is that... this may be the last to talk with everyone. I won't force you to fight besides us, but if you do, make your peace beforehand."

    Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Spirit Haven couldn't help but be a little bit nervous. The Snake Society was on the move, there was a massive ship in the area, and he was deep in enemy territory... alone. Sure, he was phased out of the current existence right now, but he couldn't stay like that forever. He came here to act, to stop a mistake before it came to pass... He came here to peacefully remove some fighters from the upcoming final battle.

    Still, it felt odd being in such a position, being so close to Gale without her noticing, and expecting her to tolerate his presence once he revealed himself. He can clearly see that he's troubled... and before he decides to approach, he sees if he can detect what exactly his haunting her, whether it's physical, mental, or spiritual.

    (Buying 1d10 Doom for 1 PP)

    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 2
    Stress: d4 Emotional

    "You should go away,"
    she seems to say out into the blue, but Dorian can tell she's addressing him. "Don't you have better things to do than to try to convince me to fight?" Standing up, Gale lets the wind circle around her at higher and higher speeds within a tighter radius until she's essentially wrapped in a cloth of howling wind. A metaphorical barrier between her and you.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDoom+Cold Wind Blowing Distinction+Stress - (3d10+1d8+1d4) (6, 2, 10) (2) (1) [21]

    Doom Pool:
    3d10
    Scene Distinctions:
    Preparing for Endgame, Alien Approach, Gathering Strength
    Next Up: Gus
    Opportunities: 1
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 03-16-2019 at 08:03 AM.
    Sadiyah: Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,243
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Freya harrumphs loudly at Mentor's dire speech.
    "Never mind him. He's a glass half empty kind of guy. See, Supreme Force is an alien too and he's the current dictator for most of this place. He's some kind of all powerful thing... But the last time people actually saw him do something was years ago. And anyway, he never had to go up against me." she pauses her explanation to Green Scout momentarily to cockily turn to Mentor. "Yeah, I said it. Stopped Adamant cold didn't I?"
    Arriving at where Max is lying she cooes over him in a borderline mocking manner.
    "Oh my poor baby! Did the bad man with the stick hurt you?... You're lucky I was watching and had a teleporter on hand to get you out of there. How are you feeling?"
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Garm Blackmane - Phoenix Squadron

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  6. #6

    Default

    "... Either I'm losing my touch already, or your senses are more than I gave you credit for," Haven admits, appearing before the blustery Gale Force. "I'm trying to convince you, and your brother, of the opposite... I want the both of you to stay out of the coming conflict. I don't want you to take any sides." He sighs softly as he continues, "I know such a prospect sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Especially considering your situation." Hopefully, trying to empathize with Gale will give him an in, especially since he's starting this off by going against her expectations.



    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 2
    Stress: d4 Emotional
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 03-16-2019 at 02:45 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,630
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Gus stands by the television, watching it with fingers pressed to pursed lips. "That's a big ship," he says, wheels turning. "I wish it would do something." He's engrossed in the media coverage, using a practiced mind to pierce through the propaganda. The media is controlled, fed its marching orders, and if they're speculating this wildly, it's because their master wants them to. Supreme is afraid. It could be he's afraid of this ship and what it means, or of the implications and effects of their recent operations. He's so focused on the screen in front of him, he doesn't follow along with any of the conversation around him. The longer he watches, the more he learns.



    Enfield:
    Gus Green [public] / K'tzir [secret]
    Plot Points: 1
    Stress: D4 mental
    Last edited by theScrappy; 03-18-2019 at 04:35 PM.




  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Freya harrumphs loudly at Mentor's dire speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    "Never mind him. He's a glass half empty kind of guy. See, Supreme Force is an alien too and he's the current dictator for most of this place. He's some kind of all powerful thing... But the last time people actually saw him do something was years ago. And anyway, he never had to go up against me." she pauses her explanation to Green Scout momentarily to cockily turn to Mentor. "Yeah, I said it. Stopped Adamant cold didn't I?"
    Arriving at where Max is lying she cooes over him in a borderline mocking manner.
    "Oh my poor baby! Did the bad man with the stick hurt you?... You're lucky I was watching and had a teleporter on hand to get you out of there. How are you feeling?"
    Mentor narrows his eyes and walks out of the room, as if letting the topic drop.

    "That 'magic stick' was pretty fucking sharp, I'll have you know," Max grumbles, before gesturing after his brother. "Don't worry about him, he's just... him. I think my bro doesn't believe we'll get out free because when... When Black Falcon died, a lot of Falcon's pals died with him. Like, a lot. The last thing he wants is for us to go in hot and lose someone off the bat being careless. I'm honestly a bit inclined to agree. He turned the then-greatest martial artist in the world into a cat to make a point. That might actually have been worse than killing him." Max stays cheerful, though. "But we've got no shortage of help on our side. He can't get us all."

    Green Scout doesn't seem encouraged. In fact, as soon as he hears about the cat incident, he simply sits down on the floor cross-legged and contemplates his navel.


    Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    "... Either I'm losing my touch already, or your senses are more than I gave you credit for," Haven admits, appearing before the blustery Gale Force. "I'm trying to convince you, and your brother, of the opposite... I want the both of you to stay out of the coming conflict. I don't want you to take any sides." He sighs softly as he continues, "I know such a prospect sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Especially considering your situation." Hopefully, trying to empathize with Gale will give him an in, especially since he's starting this off by going against her expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Spirit Haven:
    Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points:
    2
    Stress:
    d4 Emotional
    She pauses. "Your presence caused the temperature to drop. I could sense it." Gale Force simply looks down when you make the request to her. "I don't have anywhere to go. Relentless has made it clear that leaving will be met with lethal force. I'm not sure if I care any more."
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCold Wind Blowing D8 + Solo D6 + Psyche Rookie D6 - (1d8+1d6+1d6) (7) (2) (6) [15]

    "That's correct," Relentless states over the intercom. "Whoever's talking to Gale right now, if you intend to take my daughter with you, I'd suggest doing it now. Unless you want to leave her here. But that's on your head. As of now, she's officially been disowned."

    Gale surprisingly looks resigned, not angry or even scared. She stays where she is.
    [Spending D10 DOOM to activate Relentless Force's presence in the Scene.]

    Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    Gus stands by the television, watching it with fingers pressed to pursed lips.
    Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    "That's a big ship,"
    he says, wheels turning.
    "I wish it would do something."
    He's engrossed in the media coverage, using a practiced mind to pierce through the propaganda. The media is controlled, fed its marching orders, and if they're speculating this wildly, it's because their master wants them to. Supreme is afraid. It could be he's afraid of this ship and what it means, or of the implications and effects of their recent operations. He's so focused on the screen in front of him, he doesn't follow along with any of the conversation around him. The longer he watches, the more he learns.

    Enfield:
    Gus Green [public] / K'tzir [secret]
    Plot Points:
    1
    Stress:
    D4 mental
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDOOM - (2d10) (8, 9) [17]

    They're not showing any footage of your recent victory, probably to keep people's confidence in the Regime. But you're not sure if Supreme is afraid of the ship: It's not showing any close footage. You wait and wait, looking for any sign of attack, any tidbit of info, any clue of what's going on. However, you're being stonewalled by the blathering of empty-headed reporters repeating all the things you already know. They seem to be using the excuse that not everyone knows to get away with saying the same things over and over.



    Doom Pool: 2d10

    Scene Distinctions: Preparing for Endgame, Alien Approach, Gathering Strength

    Next Up: Gus
    Opportunities: 0
    Sadiyah: Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  9. #9

    Default

    "You be quiet," Haven speaks to the speaker, before focusing on Gale. "... You can't tell me that you're not angry about this. You can't tell me that you feel this is fair, in any way, shape or form. There's a time to keep control, and there's a time to just let loose. That fraud that claims to be your mother has no control over you, and you're not alone. Not anymore. It's time to show her who's boss." Haven knew he was playing with fire at this rate, but he wasn't about to let her fully get out of control here... he'd help her, starting by helping her control the storm within.

    Spending 1PP to activate Gale's Emotional Tempest


    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 1
    Stress: d4 Emotional
    Last edited by DonJentleman; Today at 12:17 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,630
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    The noise is a fact unto itself, Gus concludes. If Supreme knew what the alien ship meant to do here, he'd have found some way to prepare his nation for one eventuality or the other. You can't be both omni-competent and clueless. They simultaneously speak of the alien ship as a threat to be "handled" by Supreme, and a people to be "learned" from. The regime is intentionally confusing the population, because he hasn't decided what he wants to do to them. And he either knows whether they're a threat or he doesn't. And if he knows, he doesn't want to let on whether they're a vulnerability or an asset. "If the ship's an asset," he muses aloud, "it doesn't matter when we attack, so there's no benefit in playing that close to the chest. Which means if he knows at all, he must know it's a threat to him. And if he doesn't know, then it's definitely a threat to him, if only in that it directly undermines his appearance of control."

    "We gotta hurry," he says to Mentor. "Right now. We gotta go." He grabs his jacket. "He hasn't struck a deal yet, and he still doesn't know if he will. We have two options: give the spacefolk whatever they want before Supreme does, or take down Supreme before he has a chance to. I'm thinking the first option is the easier one, but I'm betting the Snakes disagree. We can't bank on the hope that Supreme can't deal with them. We need to be in those negotiations. This far away, I can't get my friend in without killing myself," he says, tapping the side of his head, "and Dorian's off doing his spooky thing somewhere else. Can you get in?"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •