Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting/Autitions for PF Pbp player to take over a NPC.

Default Recruiting/Autitions for PF Pbp player to take over a NPC.

Ok so itís been decided. We are interested in accepting applications for individuals wanting to become apart of the Fallow Hills Frontier adventure.

The Fallow Hills Frontier is a place not much different than the frontier of the Roman Empire during its growth into the heart of Europe and the Frontier of the US during the expansion west. Inspiration has been pulled from these areas and eras of Eastern Europe and Montana for culture and climate.

It has been 60 years since the end of the Great Winter Dark, a centuries long period of darkness during the reign of the Dark Lord. The area called the Fallow Hills Frontier, once held by the Dark Lord is now being settled. But at the same time another war has pulled many of the knights to the west leaving the frontier un policed and more dangerous than it already was.

Orcs fill the ďNative AmericanĒ roll, and are dealt a large amount of racism, especially the (CG) Ravin Clan that has the most interaction with the settlers. Magic exists but is rare and taboo, but there is an abundance of magic to be found in the ruins of old. In response to the dangers of the frontier, Gnomes have invented firearms. These interesting weapons that have just emerged are in form of the arquebus. This addition opens up a hole new world of options for the players.

The story so far:
    Four unlikely heroes have joined together as bounty hunters to end the threat of Gritznak and bring him to justice by relieving his head from his shoulders. Gritznak is a powerful gnoll that has risen above his savage counterparts and taken up using steel armor and weapons. Some of which have even been found to be magically enchanted, something previously unheard of by gnolls in the area. The ruthless Ironfang Legion, a collection of orcs, bugbears and Hobgoblins, have also not been seen in some time. Normally this would be a good thing but itís just trading one bad thing for another one.
    Has Gritznak been the reason for the lack of Orc raids on the eastern settlements? Was there an under the table deal made with Gritznak by the town of Malforten for protection against the Orcs but turned bad?

Join us in the Fallow Hills Frontier now to find out. We will be starting Chapter 3: ďInto the WoodsĒ soon. This is a Roleplaying heavy campaign with gritty realism and fantastic cast.

NoBody playing;
    Regina, a sexy and saucy Kuru Barbarian who thinks herself a goddess and in need of someone to ďrelieve some stressĒ with.

&

Korak, a stoic halforc from the Ravin(CG)Orc Clan who is in internal conflict between his two racial backgrounds. Sent by the Order of the Blue hand to help with Orc/human relations and support the town of Malforten by taking down Gritznak.

StillClimbing playing;
    Axle, a human ranger once mentored by a wise woodelf, and retired Cernasedo Ranger. After loosing his wife and infant child to a Hobgoblin raid he has vowed that it would not happen to anyone else.

GM piloted;
    Kostan, a dwarven blacksmith Cleric of Toríag who is tired of wondering in exile. He aims to find out more information of a long lost Dwarven Citadel that once was the seat of a great Dwarven kingdom before it became corrupted and destroyed as the Dark Lord slowly gained control of the area.

Right now we have a new long-term NPC that I would like to open into a full PC. That means most of the work has already been done for you.

We will be using all published PF and 3rd party material for reference. The only caveat is that you submit your request to me prior to using and that your choices stay in the flavor of the campaign setting. I am a very flexible GM and open for experimenting while staying gritty and focusing on realism with lasting consequences.

Since this campaign is so gritty and real, it will be full of graphic encounters that may be unfit for certain audiences. There will be foul language, combat will be gritty, real and graphic, and there will be sex(fading to black).

Posting requirements are fluid/flexible at least 1-2 times per week. If you will be absent let us know and Iíll pilot the character for a short while to keep the story moving.
    If I donít hear from you in a month without coordination you will be dropped.

Menlaus is a young apprentice wizard who is eager to begin his adventuring and make a name for himself. His parents are not in the picture. So far only his mother has been identified as being deceased. Perhaps his father is also dead or he is apart of the imperial military and unable to take care of him. That will be up to you. As for the rest of his back story or goals, itís all open and ready for you to make this character your own. To catch up on Menlaus so far start at The Fallow Hills, Chapter 2: The Rising Heroes, post #177 http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/...12#post1236812

Please post your interest below with a little writing sample. Possibly an excerpt of his past; moving to his aunts then out to the frontier, growing up learning magic from his aunt, one of his errands to the forest gathering herbs with an unexpected encounter with a woodland creature or something else related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 01-31-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Nice application, but I think it should be in the main recruitment thread. And a few questions.
    What lvl? Do the person roll/buy points. Is he bound to one race? (maybe easier to just post the character sheet if you have one).. What material are you using in the game?
    Och what about post requirements?
    Last edited by Krivak; 01-30-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks. Iíve added all the stats, references, and requirements, along with some other info about the campaign.

Walking threw the woods Menlaus always felt at home.. The fresh smell of the oak trees as the morning dew left it leaves was a magical experience.. A true sign of the gods. Living with his aunt who was known as the local witch, he was always sent into the woods to pick herbs for her brews, mostly for medicin for the locals. He had a favorit place in the woods.. An open spot in the woods with a giant oak tree standing all alone with fresh herbs growing around it.. It was almost like the tree knew what he was looking for.. One early morning when he was sent out to pick his daily herbs.. He saw.. The most beautiful creature at the tree.. It was kneeling down singing for the herbs as they magically started to grow up once more. Stunned he stood there staring.. He once read about them in one of his aunts book while studying.. A dryad.. It enchanted the young wizard and it was love at first sigh. But the dryad shocked to be seen quickly retreated into its hiding place. And even after walking there more times then he can remember.. He never saw it again.. Maybe.. When he gets older.. And stronger.. She will show herself once more...

Still reading the old chapters.. So many pages!
    Last edited by Krivak; 01-31-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Well done. You did your homework. Glad your continuing to read up and youíre enjoying it.

Iíll show this to the others and see what they think. Iíll try to have an answer quickly

Last edited by MTpaladin; 02-01-2019 at 02:18 AM.

Read everything from the point the party met with Menlaus.. But If the group thinks someone else is better for the part no hard feelings! \(^.^)/

Has the spot been filled? Been lurking for years and oddly still learning the ropes as the games I've been in typically do not last very long. My biggest issue is character creation, but since it's a pre-made I should catch on fast. I'll be happy to provide a sample backstory if the spot is still open, just let me know and I will write one up during lunch.

Take a chance and write something. I haven't been picked yet so

Menlaus, born to two ordinary farmers from a near by village was left homeless with his parents after a mysterious fire set his home ablaze. His parents always heard of the wonders a nearby young woman who was rumored to make the unordinary happen. Knowing they must find a new place to settle they thought the journey was no place for a young lad. Upon meeting Blodwyn, they explained the situation and added that things just seem to happen around their young son that could not be explained. Once they found him laying in ground...not on, but in with nothing more than his nose and toes sticking out. Boldwyn, they begged, "please we do not understand what is going on with our child and we've heard tales of a woman such as yourself. Please won't you raise our son as your own and provided him with the guidance that we have no understanding of?" Upon her agreeing, Nadar, Menlaus' father pulled a small blade from inside his robes and took the young lads foot. "Flesh of my flesh. Blood of my blood. May you grow as strong as an ox and wise as a owl." With that, Nadar cut his palm and the youngin's foot and pressed the wounds together. "Our paths shall cross again and you will know me by this mark."

@Krivak

The gang likes your intro. The part of Menlaus is yours if you want it. I would like to make your story cannon since it would fit seamlessly with what could happen next. Wink wink.

@Skel

It was a quick decision to try and fill the character before we start Chapter 3. We enjoyed your story as well. I would like to still open the invitation to take on another character since the player recently dropped. One of my other players graciously took him over but I know it can be difficult to manage one character let alone two and while not meta game at the same time.

If you are still interested in joining the cast, I will pitch it to my players for you to take over Korak the Half-orc monk.

If a monk isnít your style, we are still in the town with plenty of workable NPC to fill your needs. All are pregenerated to help since you mentioned in an earlier post that you had difficulty with character generation. A few options include; a philandering bard, an old retired Paladin who has broken his oath but seeks redemption, a druid of Daljnora (goddess of the Fey, Elves and all things beautiful), or a member of the Malforten Militia who just finished their service obligation.

Have you had a chance to read any of the campaign?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast