Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 41.2 Walden

1. Default

"When you can master that, we will talk more, Master Li said and as Walden failed the test of fire.

One month later...after much sweeping and mopping.

"Have you been practicing?" Asked Master Li.

Blog Entries

Walden glances quickly to the left and right, making sure no one else is listening. He says, "When I clean the Master's tables after meals, I save the leftover wine and drink it before bed. At first it burned my throat, but not any more. It's not as powerful as your fire drink, but I don't have fire drink to practice with."

3. Default

"Good, perhaps that will quell the damn twitch you get everyday, especially during cleaning." Master Li was not in a good mood, "Come, time for some medicine." He left the temple the way he always left to go to that secret door in the village, with Walden in tow as usual. This time when he knocked and it opened he looked at Walden, "Do you want to come in?"

Blog Entries

"Oh... really?... oh, yes, Master, please," Walden stutters, staring at the door. He can only imagine what secrets lie behind the door.

5. Default

Master Li reaches into his robes and brings out the gourd of firewater once more, "Then you must pass the test of fire."

ooc: Con save, you may add your +2 mod to it this time.

Blog Entries

Walden taken the drink, a little less hesitantly than before.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollcon save - (d20+2) (9) [11]

7. Default

It still burned, and was difficult to breath, but his training for the last month had really helped. Keeping the fiery brew down, Master Li was satisified and ushered Walden into the den of iniquity. It was dark, thats the first thing the young monk in training noticed, but then there was the smoke--it was heady and burned the eyes and filled the senses with dark sultry pleasures unspoken of. The pair were lead down a hall covered with sheer silks of various designs and Walden could barely make out individuals beyond laying on cushions while smoking hookahs filled with all manner of tobacco's and more than likely opium. The drapes pulled to one side on an empty room, the pair were shown into one of the aforementioned cushioned rooms and Master Li had a seat. "The usual, sir?" Master Li nodded and added, "The same for my pupil." Shortly the man who had ushered them in and took their order returned with a tray filled with pickled vegetables, chopsticks, two small porcelain bottles filled with Sake and two small porcelain glasses. "I pour for you and you pour for me, that is the custom," Master Li said as he filled Walden's glass and waited for him to fill his.

Blog Entries

Walden moves quietly -- perhaps as quietly as he's ever walked -- as he enters the den that smells of smoke and alcohol. He breaths in, not sure whether what he's doing would be permitted by any of the other masters, but even so... it feels so good. When Master Li asks Walden to fill the glass, he carefully picks up the porcelain bottle. His hands shake as he goes to fill his master's glass
    Last edited by ifreedman; 02-13-2019 at 02:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Authentic Forum Dice-rolldex for steady hands - (d20) [1]

But Walden stumbles in his nervousness, and the sake splashes all over Master Li.

"Sorry, sorry, Master," he stutters as he rushes to pat down the Master's clothes using his own sash to mop up the liquid.
    Last edited by ifreedman; 02-13-2019 at 02:13 AM.

10. Default

"By the gods, boy, you need that drink worse than I do! Here," Master Li poured Walden a drink all the way to the top. "Try not to spill that."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast