Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 477

Thread: ToD Episode 6: High Road, Low Road

  1. #291

    Default

    Illimistra will have cast Invisibility on herself and will be standing watch at the entrance to the storage area. She will move to strike anyone who tries to enter the storage chamber while her friends are in there, and she will always try to do it silently and right on the head, so as to knock out someone coming (assuming that they're alone).

    She will remain silently watching there by the door until someone comes or until her companions call for her if needed.



  2. #292

    Default

    Mal leads Grim down into the basement, pretending to lead him to the rat area. In doing so, he holds the doors open for the invisible party to move without suspicion. He counts on jamna to watch the surface level.
    --------------------------------------------------------

  3. #293

    Default

    Vala follows closely, taking notice of the inner area, as Mal leads them to the locked door,
    as to spot hiding places if someone decides to come in, places to take cover if they need to defend their position and small items of value she could possibly... borrow.


  4. #294
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default

    You enter the storage area and move over to the locked door. As Vala sets up to pick the lock, Grim and Mal hear sounds on the other side of the door. Sounds of shuffling, hissing, and scraping. Grim recognizes the hissing sounds as being the draconic language, though it's muted enough that he can't make out what they're saying.



    Come join us on Discord!

  5. Default

    Grim whispers and notifies the rest, "We will have company once we open this door. They are using Draconic, might be some of those drakes involved as well."

  6. #296

    Default

    Mal nods and straps his shield to his arm. Looking at his enclosed quarters, he then calls forth a morningstar to his free hand.
    --------------------------------------------------------

  7. #297

    Default

    (OOC: Just a reminder that Illimistra remains on guard. Unless informed, she won't know to come help you all until after the sounds of battle reach her.)



  8. #298

    Default

    Vala gently touches Mal, shimmering back to view, nudging him aside as she brings her forefinger to her lips,
    gesturing for them to be silent. She then approaches the door and starts inspecting it, visually & by touch.
    Firstly she looks for the obvious. The position & general condition of the pummel, the lock, the hinges and the gaps if any,
    between the door & the door frame (if any) or the walls & floor.
    She then peeks through the keyhole (if there is one and not a padlock) &/or the gaps around the door.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+5) [15]
    Unless she realizes that she is in imminent danger of been found out,
    she retrieves a small flask of oil and drips a few drops on each of the hinges, using her fingers to slather it thickly and through
    the connections of them, before she hides the flask back into her backpack.
    She wipes her smudged fingers on her cloak and takes a knee infront of the door.
    Firstly, she tests the pummel (or clutch), holding it with the very tips of her fingers and turning it a hair's width, ready to stop
    at the first sign a squeak is to be heard, wanting to see if the door is locked.
    If it is unlocked she will gesture for her team to get ready.
    If she can't fully test it without giving away their position, or if the door is indeed locked,
    she will first reexamine the door (lock, gaps etc) carefully this time...
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+5) [22]
    ..and assuming there is no signs of traps or alarms, she takes out her thieves' tools and starts to delicately prob the inner
    mechanism of the lock.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollThieves's Tools - (1d20+3) [20] If i also add an attribute modifier it is on my sheet


  9. #299
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,983

    Default

    Vala quickly and quietly opens the lock and starts swinging the door inwards. She manages to avoid making any noise, but opening the door wide will likely be visible to anyone in the small room beyond (based on observation of the outside of the room, it should only be about 15'x25' inside the strong room, and at least some of that will be occupied by goods being stored there). How do you wish to proceed?
    Last edited by Rellott; 06-22-2019 at 12:36 AM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  10. #300

    Default ToD Episode 6: High Road, Low Road

    Vala messes gently with lock, and her eyes go wide as she feels the last pin fall into place and the door gives, just a minuscule ammount she was only able to feel through her picks, as the lock latch disengage.
    She does Not open the door, instead she makes sure to keep it closed with her hand in case the lock latch was the only thing keeping it close.
    She stands and starts gesturing short, but clear signals for the rest to keep quiet, get ready and assemble into positions. While her team does what she asked, she draws her hand xbow and when all there and ready, she gives a final gesture. She is to open the door and they will kill whatever is inside, no questions.
    With her team's confirmation nods, she raises an open palm and starts closing fingers in a harried timed manner.
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... click

    ~ Tapatalk ~


Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •